Honey's getting huge

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm expecting my Lil Piglet to deliver the end of Feb. but boy is she round now!
She can still do everything including jumping up onto my laundry table, but it takes a concentrated effort before she attemps. I imagine she'll be too uncomfortable before long and will abandon attempts. I'm going to try to transition her into the bedroom again this weekend. Wish us luck!

She has (just a few days ago) made her way around the house for the first time and spends a little time in the living room before retreating back to the kitchen (her domain).

She's even made an attempt to play with the others but then quickly composes herself. Poor thing doesn't know how to play or how to deal with her new "domestic" lifestyle. She's coming along though.

Fellow Ohioans....are you guys getting burried in snow this evening also?

I put a heat lamp out in the barn for Bootsie and it keeps the water melted, but he hasn't been around in at least 2 days because the food isn't being touched. He did utilize the heat lamp during the bitter cold temps and took off when it warmed up to the 20's.
I'll check again when I tuck in the horses for the night tonight.

Tata for now..

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tia2

I'm expecting my Lil Piglet to deliver the end of Feb. but boy is she round now!
She can still do everything including jumping up onto my laundry table, but it takes a concentrated effort before she attemps. I imagine she'll be too uncomfortable before long and will abandon attempts. I'm going to try to transition her into the bedroom again this weekend. Wish us luck!

She has (just a few days ago) made her way around the house for the first time and spends a little time in the living room before retreating back to the kitchen (her domain).

She's even made an attempt to play with the others but then quickly composes herself. Poor thing doesn't know how to play or how to deal with her new "domestic" lifestyle. She's coming along though.

I put a heat lamp out in the barn for Bootsie and it keeps the water melted, but he hasn't been around in at least 2 days because the food isn't being touched. He did utilize the heat lamp during the bitter cold temps and took off when it warmed up to the 20's.

Tata for now..
Hey Terri...thanks for the update. Are you and Jen keeping in contact?

Give Lil Piglet a pet from me.

Katie

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tia2

Tata for now..
Oh goodie! Have your camera ready at the end of Feruary for all of us!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

Hey Terri...thanks for the update. Are you and Jen keeping in contact?

Give Lil Piglet a pet from me.

Katie
Hi Katie,
I haven't talked to her in a while but I'm sure we'll hook up again once the babies are born.

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

Do you have any pictures of her all big and roly poly?
Do I have pictures?? Do I have pictures??!! Why of course I do!!
lol

Here she is today:

and just for fun I thought I'd put in a pre prego picture taken august 20th when I realized she wasn't going to be leaving! :

Shocking huh? Now in my defense before I raise eyebrows, I didn't know the other ferel was setting up shop at the time. I didn't have a concrete knowledge of his appearance until it was probably too late..heck I don't even know if it's a male or not to this day, but he's nowhere around.

I was hoping she would "go home" at some point because I was in no mindset to claim her as my responsibility. Lesson learned...*sigh*

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Question... what size box will work for her? I had a couple set up but I'm not sure they are large enough. Should I buy one of those storage tubs?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg what a beautiful cat , and she looks huge!!!
i would say quite a large box from the looks of her , just so she can move around easliy enough without stepping on the kittens when there born.
maybe a large dog crate with some blankets? i here these work very well. when lilly had her kittens i set up the bottom of the wardrobe with some soft blankets ( remember not to use the type with small holes or to fluffy ones , as the kittens can get there little claws caught) and this sutied her fine untill the kittens tried moving about , then i had to fix a box to the wardrobe so they would not get under the bed lol.
i wish you all the luck and that she has a safe delivery.
dont forget to get her spay appomint set up once the kittens are around 8 weeks old or so.

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Doesn't Piglet suit her better at this juncture? lol

so if I provide a large dog crate, ( which I have done) I don't have to put a box in there for her too? I'll cover the whole crate, put a litter box in it and blankets and that should be fine?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes that will be fine a lot of members suggest a large dog crate and they have had a bit more expecince with pregnant ctas then i have , i myself learned alot on this site lol.

fudge's mum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow what a gorgeous cat!!!!

You were not kidding about the size of her!!Fudge is nowhere near that size and she is also due any day now!

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! Yeah, I'm getting nervous!

tia2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OMG she is so huge, but she is a darling
What a strange thing seeing a ginger female kitty
I looked up stuff on Ginger females and learned a little bit.
There's about a 3/1 ratio of males vs. females. Only about 25% are females.
Although thought once to be quite rare, it seems more and more are coming out of the woodwork these days.

I think it's neat! Until this board I had no idea that she was "special". I also read that people think orange cats in general are crazy! Whacko! I never knew that either...I just thought my other orange/white was just being a cat.

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yup orange females are rare and so are male calicos. She does look like she is about to pop good luck!

bemyonlyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honey reminds me of Ginger, my friend's cat, who disappeared in the summer of '04. She was a feral cat and got pregnant too, but her babies didn't make it because she was out in the wilderness.

When I met Ginger I didn't know that orange females were rare. I guess Ginger was a special girl. As is Honey. I miss Ginger, and it's been nearly three years since she disappeared. The other two cats, Claire and Nutmeg, disappeared in the woods too. My friend's dad was pretty irresponsible. They also had two dogs --one of whom was surrendered to a shelter, another who was given to a friend.

Honey is beautiful and I know her babies will be well cared for. She is lucky to have someone as caring and dedicated as you.