Moms 54th Birthday Present

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My moms 54th birthday is coming up in a couple weeks. I am going to visit this weekend and will be bringing it then. I am not sure what to buy her. I was thinking about buying her a gift certificate to a spa so that she can relax for a bit. She has been through a lot, with having a 13 year old daughter, having a stroke about 5 years ago and recently fracturing her back.

Anyone have any ideas?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A spa would be a great idea!

I'm big into pictures/scrapbooking too. Do you have any pictures that you could put into a scrapbook/album for her? If you go to Target, they have A LOT of fun things to do with pictures- a lot of different frames/ect- and if you go in their scrapbooking aisle, they have fun stuff in there (picture boxes, wreath frames, ect)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

A spa would be a great idea!

I'm big into pictures/scrapbooking too. Do you have any pictures that you could put into a scrapbook/album for her? If you go to Target, they have A LOT of fun things to do with pictures- a lot of different frames/ect- and if you go in their scrapbooking aisle, they have fun stuff in there (picture boxes, wreath frames, ect)
I don't really have any pictures of my mom here. They are all at her house. That would have been a good idea though.

I really would like to get her the spa certificate but I am not sure how much that would cost.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Congratulations and Happy Birthday to your mum!

I think it depends on what your mom likes...does she like spa treatments? If she does, then yeah that's a great idea! However, if she's never been to one before, you might want to sorta feel out the situation and see if she'd even be willing to go. I know it might sound strange, but I've never been to one myself and I'm almost 50...and really, I wouldn't want to go. In fact, for the last couple of years, my kids or my hubby have wanted me to go for my birthday or mother's day or something like that, and I just won't....it's just the way I feel about it.

Though as I said, it might be great for your mom...I'd try to find out if possible.

Good luck with it!
Hilda >^..^<

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday to you mom when it comes..........

maybe if you go for the spa voucher you culd go with her too, that would be great ..........that is you live near each other of course

or maybe a manicure, thats always relaxing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Happy Birthday to you mom when it comes..........

maybe if you go for the spa voucher you culd go with her too, that would be great ..........that is you live near each other of course

or maybe a manicure, thats always relaxing
Yeah I was thinking maybe a manicure/pedicure. I couldn't go with her as we live about 45 minutes apart and I don't have a car.