Just not into V-day

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I mentioned before that I'm not a V-day person...but this year for some reason I just really don't want to be gushy and buy cards for B. I love him, yes, but I just looked at some of the cards today and couldn't find ANY that I liked.

I thought about Blank ones, but I didn't want to be forced to right my own...so sorry B...no card for him this year.

I did get him pressies though. I just would rather skip this V-day

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Don't feel bad! I refuse to purchase cards due to price!
I'm not into this holiday either. I told hubby to just say "I love you" and that's enough.

Mine's getting nothing for tomorrow

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree that cards are WAY WAY too much....I sent my parents a rather elaborate Hallmark card- half as a joke- but it was 7.49!!!!!
I love to hand-make valentines. Or to this day at age 25 buy little kid valentine packs and hand those out!
Valentines day isnt a biggie to me, Im happy if I buy myself cinnamon hearts!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're not the only. I haven't gotten anything for Valentine's Day in 3 years. I ALWAYS get DH something for Valentine's Day, Easter, Christmas, Birthday, Anniversaries and just because.
I just discovered that I'm getting nothing... once again. And I spent well over $50 on him...
When I asked him what he was getting me, he simply said "nothing" and laughed....

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

You're not the only. I haven't gotten anything for Valentine's Day in 3 years. I ALWAYS get DH something for Valentine's Day, Easter, Christmas, Birthday, Anniversaries and just because.
I just discovered that I'm getting nothing... once again. And I spent well over $50 on him...
When I asked him what he was getting me, he simply said "nothing" and laughed....
DH is finally into it for the first time in 12 years.
I didn't get him anything, but I did straighten my hair for him.

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, for me, valentine's day has never been much of a priority. I received a valentine's box from my sweetie today (she had to ship it to me due to the distance between us). She mentioned to me that it was not much, but it is the thought and the care that she took that makes it special to me, not what she got. I am hoping to get her some flowers sent to her at work tomorrow, if I get paid early enough as a thought of my love for her.

Just in case you were wondering, she got me a teddybear, some chocolate, nad a couple of other things. My real valentine's gift is coming in less than a month though, and being combined with my birthday gift. Oh what a joyous thought.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I try to get enthused about V. Day, but just can't. I do a little decorating; I collect antique postcards, and we built a dish hutch into the pass-through from our kitchen into the study, so I change the salad plates with the seasons (white and red for V. Day), and propped up my collection of antique V. Day postcards there (and the little furry beasts can't get 'em!). I have a wreath on the door. I'm making a special dinner for hubby; I make treats for work. I can't have flowers in the house, due to Loki, so I told hubby not to bother this year (and we have to buy a new heat pump--we've been without heat for 2 weeks now). He bought me some good jewelry (from eBay) that I chose; and I bought him a tool box he wanted and some insignia for WWII reenacting (gosh, how romantic!). We had our dinner out last Sunday--I had some coupons for a local restaurant to save him $$$!

the funny thing is, when I was single, I agonized over not having a beau celebrate V. Day (oh, there were some real !#$#$%#, I can tell you--"I love you/please marry me, but I don't do V. Day" ones--and I didn't marry him); but, now that I'm married, I could almost care less! Anway, everyday is V. Day with my husband--he tells me he loves me at least once a day--for the 3 years we've been together...now, THAT'S romantic enough for me!

MargeCat

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I hate Valentine's Day too. Maybe it's in part because I'm single.

But even when I wasn't single, I never made a big deal out of Valentine's day. I would much prefer having thoughtful loving gestures all year long than an expensive gift or fancy dinner on Valentine's day. The restaurants must be really crowded anyways