We have a blizzard!

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel kind of like a kid in school now- you remember the days- hoping against hope that there might just be a school closing or snow delay! Well, we are having an actual blizzard right now and my supervisor called this morning to say we don't have to be to work for the next two days!! Yay!! I heard a rumor about this yesterday and went grocery shopping, so I'm all stocked up. The kits and I are sitting comfortably in the living room, me in my jammies, watching movies. My poor husband is at the fire department responding to a zillion car accidents. I wish I had a camera. My patio area has a good three foot high snow drift going and you can't see hardly anything beyond 20 feet or so. Anyone else snowed in?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, thank goodness! Down here we have rain and that may be followed by the infamous "wintry mix".

Remind me, what part of Indiana are you in?

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been waiting and waiting all winter for something but all we seem to get is rain rain rain and not even the frozen variety

I could sure use a snow day off work!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BRRR.

It's snowing and blowing pretty bad out there. I don't know how much snow we will actually get though. It looks like it's mostly just blowing the snow that has already fallen, but it is still coming down pretty hard.

Just think of hot beaches and a warm sun. That'll get me through this.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well if they say that we aren't supposed to drive tomorrow I'm not going in. It's not worth it to me to nearly kill myself to make it into work. Besides, I'd rather stay here with Dr. Claw.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's snowing here too. We are supposed to get between 20 and 30 cm. I guess it would be pretty close to Leto86's weather since that is only like 20 minutes away.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's snowing like mad here too. I think I want to go back to Dec when everyone was wondering where the snow actually was.
Honey is taking me to work today because I'm a wussy and hate driving in this stuff if I don't have to.
I hope they decide to close our shop early but they never closed it when they went without water so I highly doubt they close it because of snow.

I think so far we have 4 or so inches. Maybe more.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It started sleeting while I was on my way home from work. I took a different route because I wanted to avoid some icy spots and hit the good traffic lights. We had a few inches on our deck that I shoveled to hopefully prevent a bit of ice. If we get any more from this storm, it may just be ice. Pooo!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

No, thank goodness! Down here we have rain and that may be followed by the infamous "wintry mix".

Remind me, what part of Indiana are you in?
I'm in Ft. Wayne, northeastern Indiana. We are supposed to get another 10 inches apparently. The snow is drifting like crazy and up more than halfway on the fence around our patio. I have a lovely little mountain outside my door
DH just stopped by in the ambulance to pick up some stuff to sleep in tonight and a change of clothes. They've had a bunch of runs today due to accidents, including several to the hospital I work at. Yay fun. Gotta love blizzards. I wish I had a real blizzard, of the Dairy Queen variety
Those are much better than the snow kind. I'm not sure what the actual inch accumulation is at this point, I just know the drifting is terrible. We're at a level two snow emergency, DH says we will soon be a level 3.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lots of snow, ice and sleet tonight into tomorrow. I am not looking forward to that at all. We have had no snow to speak of so far, this will be the first nor'easter for us. I hate being snowed in, I just hope it's not too bad. I hope we all stay safe.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrgirl

I feel kind of like a kid in school now- you remember the days- hoping against hope that there might just be a school closing or snow delay! Well, we are having an actual blizzard right now and my supervisor called this morning to say we don't have to be to work for the next two days!! Yay!! I heard a rumor about this yesterday and went grocery shopping, so I'm all stocked up. The kits and I are sitting comfortably in the living room, me in my jammies, watching movies. My poor husband is at the fire department responding to a zillion car accidents. I wish I had a camera. My patio area has a good three foot high snow drift going and you can't see hardly anything beyond 20 feet or so. Anyone else snowed in?
We must be getting your stuff. It's due to start snowing here sometime between 8 and midnight. Suppose to snow all the way through tomorrow midnight. Expecting 6-12".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have just 6.5 inches right now according to the news, not very much. It's just drifting like crazy and has a lovely layer of ice beneath. We're supposed to get another ten inches, according to my husband. I hope everyone stays warm!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in NYC and it just started about 1/2 hour ago..........Waiting all day for it! They keep changing the forecast, I think were going to get a lot of mix, snow/ice......

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's snowing here too...supposed to have 30 cm by tomorrow night.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Here in Southeastern Pa, we're having crappy weather, with even crappier overnight! We already have about 4" of snow; about 8" more for tomorrow, and then with freezing rain/sleet, served with a lovely creamy topping of more snow...they let us out of work at 3 PM today; I had a swell time driving up my mountainside!

I've decided to cook part of Valentine's Day dinner tonight, and, in case I get to work tomorrow, I made cupcakes for the ladies at work. I'm making hubby a pot roast (in the Crock-Pot), biscuits, and mashed potatoes, and a buttercream/chocolate cake. (He gets home at different times, so I have to make something to heat up later in the night for him. I'll probably have my share earlier, and share dessert with him--not very romantic!) Now, if I could only find his Valentine card I bought 3 weeks ago! (Our Marge has taken to peeing in shopping bags that are left around, so I just grab bags of stuff, and sort through them later. Yesterday, she peed on hubby's tax form! How appropriate!).

MargeCat