Tidy Cats Red Label HELP!

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is a huge sale at Walmart. They have the 30 pound bag of Tidy Cats (Red Label) on sale for 5 dollars! I didnt buy it right away because it didnt say clumping and I am a real spaz when it comes to buying cat litter.

Does anyone know if this clumps?

pjrocco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It does not clump... I bought a 30 or 50 pound bag since it's cheaper than the light blue label and ended up giving it to a local shelter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thats too bad then, my eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw the 5 bucks label.

I did go on the Tidy Cats site and there is a scoopable litter with the red label, but it says scoop on the bag. Theres also the clay litter which doesnt say anything.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're shopping at Walmart and looking for a good clumping litter, go to the "other" pets section and grab the 50 pound bag of Family Farm Egg Layer chicken feed for $8.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

If you're shopping at Walmart and looking for a good clumping litter, go to the "other" pets section and grab the 50 pound bag of Family Farm Egg Layer chicken feed for $8.
I will definately see if we have any. Puerto Rico is weird and sometimes Walmart only carries select stuff.

We just got some cat trees and cat hide-a-ways. Im thinking about getting one for the girls!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer the non-clumping litter...I find that the clumping kind can be a bit rough on certain septic systems, or at least that's a fear of mine. I basically scoop the poops daily, and twice a week, mix in a bit of fresh litter, and then change it completely once a week per box. Works fine, and it is cheaper.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

I prefer the non-clumping litter...I find that the clumping kind can be a bit rough on certain septic systems, or at least that's a fear of mine. I basically scoop the poops daily, and twice a week, mix in a bit of fresh litter, and then change it completely once a week per box. Works fine, and it is cheaper.
Same here, I tried the clumping litter but did not like it either for the same reason. We just put some baking soda on the bottom and use the regular Tidy Cat clay litter.