What is the strangest....

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is the strangest Valentine's gift you ever received? My strangest gift was from my college boyfriend. He gave me a bag of potpourrie (sp?) and..get this...a bar of deoderant soap! When I looked at him funny, he said "well, you gave my sister soap for Christmas!". (I gave his sister a gift basket with shower gel, body lotion, etc!) All I could do is laugh!! (Yes, he really was that stupid!) I will never forget that one! So, any other funny valentine's day stories?

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's pretty bad!

I can't say I've recieved anything that strange

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well its not a strange gift but it was strange experience...............My ex came into the wine bar I was working to give me a bunch of roses & a card. That same night he came back into the bar with his new girlfriend - FREAK !!

So guess what I did, I handed the roses over the bar to the girl and said I think these were meant for you and walked off

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

What is the strangest Valentine's gift you ever received? My strangest gift was from my college boyfriend. He gave me a bag of potpourrie (sp?) and..get this...a bar of deoderant soap! When I looked at him funny, he said "well, you gave my sister soap for Christmas!". (I gave his sister a gift basket with shower gel, body lotion, etc!) All I could do is laugh!! (Yes, he really was that stupid!) I will never forget that one! So, any other funny valentine's day stories?
Originally Posted by mooficat

Well its not a strange gift but it was strange experience...............My ex came into the wine bar I was working to give me a bunch of roses & a card. That same night he came back into the bar with his new girlfriend - FREAK !!

So guess what I did, I handed the roses over the bar to the girl and said I think these were meant for you and walked off
I can't compete with either one of those stories! Holy Cow!
Sounds like a few of my X's.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

VERY classy way to handle that! He was probably speechless! I bet she didn't stay his girlfriend for long after that.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband, God bless him, gave me a Headless Horseman action figure, and flowers that made me break out in a rash.

I love him more than words can say, but he couldn't find romance if it bit him on the rear.

Just for a point of reference here's the toy he bought me:

http://www.amazon.com/Sleepy-Hollow-.../dp/B00002R0ZI

Nothing says love like a demonic horse and his rider.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OMG Say it isn't so...and he's still walking

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

My husband, God bless him, gave me a Headless Horseman action figure, and flowers that made me break out in a rash.

I love him more than words can say, but he couldn't find romance if it bit him on the rear.

Ummm....can I ask WHY????

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

OMG Say it isn't so...and he's still walking
I wanted to break his legs many a time when we were dating........another story, there´ll be a thread along sometime and I´ll share !!!!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The strangest gift I've ever recieved was letter saying how special I am and those all important 3 words, I love you, for the first time.
Now, you're probably thinking that's a lovely gift. However, not 24 hrs before that, I had finally reached the point where I had to sit this guy down and explain that I wasn't looking for anything serious. We had just started university and at the start had specifically agreed to put our schooling first and not become too attached. I told him that his clingy-ness (it was extreme and he would sulk if he couldn't have my full attention) was making me feel suffocated and that I was actively distancing myself from him to compensate for his over-interest. I was leaving for a family trip on V-day, and I am very anit-Vday anyway so I specifically said I didn't want anything and that I didn't want to see him that day (we were going to be in a rush). So imagine my surprise when I am delivered this letter, express post, in front of my whole family as we're frantically trying to get out the door to meet our flight. AHHHHHH!

Needless to say, the relationship was soon over.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

He thought that you would like it????
That boy needs some serious romance lessons.

To be honest with you, that gift was a step in the right direction. The first three gifts he ever gave me were lamps. After I banned any gift that plugged in from our relationship he bought me a bedside table.

I wouldn't trade this man for the world though. We make so much sense together and we are a wonderful team. I'll forgo the diamonds and flowers for the love he has for me.

My gift for this years Valentines Day: a coffee thermos.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It wasn't a gift, but I had a strange Valentine's date once. A year after my "practice husband" and I broke up, since neither of us were seeing anyone, we went to dinner together on Valentine's Day. An ex-boyfriend had threatened my life (yes, I kissed a few frogs before finding the prince), so it was a very weird dinner, especially with all the lovey dovey couples around us, and wondering if Psycho Boyfriend had followed me!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me it wasn't a strange gift, but a horrible gift..Not for the thought, but for the outcome..

My ex gave me a beautiful bouquet last year..not just the obligatory roses..but a wonderful mixed bouquet...Trout ate it, and then we spent $800 to keep her alive

I told him "if you ever get me flowers again, I will have to kill you". Poor Trout.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

For me it wasn't a strange gift, but a horrible gift..Not for the thought, but for the outcome..

My ex gave me a beautiful bouquet last year..not just the obligatory roses..but a wonderful mixed bouquet...Trout ate it, and then we spent $800 to keep her alive

I told him "if you ever get me flowers again, I will have to kill you". Poor Trout.
Nat, are you sure that wasn't a blessing? Didn't you find TCS that way?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nat, are you sure that wasn't a blessing? Didn't you find TCS that way?
Yes, but I would have rather NOT found TCS and kept her healthy. I thought I would die from worrying about her.

I mean, don't get me wrong I love you guys..but if I could have taken that pain away from Trout in exchange for finding TCS..I would have.

I'm sure she would have swallowed some plastic or something and I would have found TCS eventually anyway

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Yes, but I would have rather NOT found TCS and kept her healthy. I thought I would die from worrying about her.

I mean, don't get me wrong I love you guys..but if I could have taken that pain away from Trout in exchange for finding TCS..I would have.

I'm sure she would have swallowed some plastic or something and I would have found TCS eventually anyway
True... I'm glad that she's better though.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is hilarious!
I can't think of anything i've recieved that was strange for Valentines day except one thing- our first valentines day together Colin picked me up from my house and took me to a really nice resturant, Houstons. Before we got there he gave me a huge tin of those conversation hearts i love (big tin because i only like the white ones so i pick them all out first
) and then in the car he gave me a Victorias Secret bag- so i got all excited (i'm a bit obsessed with that store.) He had been with me eariler that week and saw me drooling over a REALLY cute lingera set. Well for a guy i guess he tried- he went back thinking he was getting the one i liked
Only this one was obnixiously red and pink and it looked like a cupcake swallowed me whole
Ruffles and everything....i looked like a pastry
lol but i'll give him props- other than that he did a great job
but i will never forget that darn "cupcake" looking outfit....nothing says "Sexy" like a giant cupcake
/ Last year he got lilies, chocolate, and a card for me
That was really sweet.