Custom Username Options

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was checking out the options for the custom usernames in the vbPlaza. When I clicked to view who had them so I could see a preview, I noticed that they don't appear to have changed (for me, anyway!)

I can see that some people have changed their font or colour, but a lot that were in the lists don't appear to be any different from the run of the mill blue one!

Is anyone else not seeing them?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm using Opera and can see colours, fonts, bold, italic, but not glows. Have you made a change to yours, Sarah? It's looking totally unchanged to me.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I asked for a font change but didn't get it - at least I don't see that my name font has changed.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

Thanks, Eithne

Ah right, I use Firefox and Mozilla
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I asked for a font change but didn't get it - at least I don't see that my name font has changed.
i use firefox here at school. i can see the colors & fonts, but not the glows. also, the skin you use makes a difference. in Night Vision [my preferred skin] usernames default to a creamy yellow. if your preferred skin shows usernames as blue, you might not notice that mine is blue - but i notice it!
Yosemite, i see a difference in your name. now it looks like this:
Yosemite

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

I don't see any difference, Linda. Ask Ryan if he can fix it. When I changed to a green username, I (and a few others, like Fran,) lost the bold all the mods have, and he switched them back.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Linda yours is definitely different, it looks like Georgia or Century Schoolbook font, but definitely different
Hmmm...seems like only some of the fonts show in Opera...that one doesn't but others do.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

mine is standard for team members, and here is what Linda's looks like compared to mine

So I guess it is browsers
Oh wow, see with mine, I couldn't tell that Linda's was different than normal

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

mine is standard for team members, and here is what Linda's looks like compared to mine

So I guess it is browsers
Linda's still looks like the standard forum member font to me and I use IE.

Besides, she wanted Comic Sans and that is not Comic Sans.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I can see colors and different fonts, but never a "glow." I use Safari and Firefox, and the default skin. Who has a glow?
I think Anne has one.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You have to type in the exact name of the font. You had "comic sans", but needed to type "comic sans ms" The best way to check is to make a pretend post and preview it. You'll see the exact BB code in the input box. You'll also notice that fonts have spaces, while colors do not have spaces in the name. I changed it for you Linda.