Should my kitten be getting dry and wet food?

tiger1206

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! I have a 11 week old male kitten. Right now he is Eating Royal Canin Baby cat and Wellness kitten canned. Should I continue to give him both, or should I just give him all wet or all dry right now?

Thanks!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I give my boys a mixture of wet and dry. They each get free fed dry all day, but they really don't eat much of that, since they do get fed 1 wet meal at noon, and 1 at supper time. I feed them Meow Mix wet pouches, and they each share 1 pouch at each time. They love it, and my big boy Harley has actually lost some much needed weight from eating the wet food!

If you can I would continue feeding him both, I know alot of members feed their cats a mixed diet of wet and dry.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are going to get a variety of opinions on this subject. Not too long ago, it was believed that wet food rotted cats teeth and dry helped keep them clean. Some people still think this and some people think it is complete crap. But that has recently been changed to wet helps with water intake and dry is fattening. It all depend on the brands and the ingredients that are best for your cats. It appears that you picked two really great food choices for your cat and I think if your cat is happy then stick with it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by vanillasugar

Short answer, yes

Personally, I'd prefer a diet of entirely wet food, but some people are not comfortable with this.
Ditto that ...

I like at least 50 wet preferable more but for over 25 yrs both has worked for dogs and cats in this house

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

You are going to get a variety of opinions on this subject.

Personally I'd go for predominantly wet. Apart from the cost and convenience I can't see anything in dry food that is good for a cat.