Newspapers? Am I the only one??

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok-so who all out there reads a paper, every day?? I just read 2 of our local ones, and of course they both can be read in less than 3 minutes,lol.

And to those who read them-what part do you go to first?? Typically I scan the birth/death area and then to classifieds and see if theres any animals lost/found, and of course ones for sale, and free.

So fess up-anyone else??

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our local paper comes out twice a week, in the Thursday edition I always see who has been arrested first.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

Our local paper comes out twice a week, in the Thursday edition I always see who has been arrested first.
LOL!! Well our hometown only comes out on Thursday too.
And yes I also read the arrest and who has been to court as well.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read it if it gets delivered to the building- otherwise I dont' have a subscription and I don't pick it up either- but I DO read it online!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I read it if it gets delivered to the building- otherwise I dont' have a subscription and I don't pick it up either- but I DO read it online!
I wish ours was online....would save me some $$$

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I read the afternoon paper, every day. We only get the morning paper, on Sunday and I read it, too. I read from front to back, skipping only the sports page.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We can only afford the Sunday paper delivered right now. I start with the comics, then the Parade supplement, then the TV schedule, then I start with the front page (Section A) and work my way through alphabetically. (Except Sports and Classifieds.)

Then it's the ads to see who has what and if I can afford it.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I read the local newspaper all the way through, every day.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read the front section of the NYTimes online each day, and the Metro and Tempo sections of the Chicago Tribune (for being a major metropolitan Newspaper, the Trib leaves a lot to be desired). And then I read Dear Abby and Dear Amy and Mutts, Get Fuzzy and the horoscopes.

When I'm bored/stuck somewhere I'll read the RedEye. And I do the crossword, even though it's an insult to my intelligence. Shhhhhhh...don't tell anyone!

As for Ian, there's a reason his nickname in my family is "Newspapers". He reads several every day, but being in Int'l policy, he needs to!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We get a local newspaper delivered daily (in the afternoon). I also get the Wall Street Journal. I start at first page and read/skim pretty much everything.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read the Cleveland Plain Dealer every day...........but I don't read the whole paper.....I skip the sports for sure...........

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We get the paper everyday- I read the comics first, then the local section, then pretty much everything but the sports (unless it's the day after the Nascar race, and I fell asleep during the race!
). I figure that the coupons I cut out on Sunday pretty much pay for our ordering the paper (much cheaper than buying it on the newsstand
).

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

LOL!! Well our hometown only comes out on Thursday too.
And yes I also read the arrest and who has been to court as well.
That makes 3 of us! I always go to the court records and the police logs first. Good thing is ours is daily (M-S), and the local cops put in the entire police log every day - meaning every single call they respond too winds up in the paper - with an address!
Let's us all know who's doin what in this town.

Thing I like about ours too is twice a week (Tues & Sat) we have what's called the pulseline. They give one whole page to the town and people just anonymously write in and b*tch about anything under the sun. It can be soooo freakin funny to read!