My daughhters sick.....

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought maybe she was getting sick yesterday, but tonite shes burning up with a fever. And says her ear hurts and her poor cheeks are bright red, and she keeps coughing.
I hate it when my kids are sick.....

Her temp is 100.8 and I gave her tylenol an hr ago, shouldnt it be going down?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe she should be seeing a doctor if her temperature is not going down. It is horrible when kids are sick, isn't it??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

Poor thing, I hope she feels better soon!
I just took her temp again and its still not under 100.
She fell asleep, poor little thing.

Guess we will be going to see Dr tomorrow, if not tonite.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

I thought maybe she was getting sick yesterday, but tonite shes burning up with a fever. And says her ear hurts and her poor cheeks are bright red, and she keeps coughing.
I hate it when my kids are sick.....

Her temp is 100.8 and I gave her tylenol an hr ago, shouldnt it be going down?
Try touching her forehead with a cool wash rag, not cold, just cool.

When my daughter was little it was nothing for her fever to be over 104, the only thing that helped break it then would be rubbing alcohol bath. And she would run fever for about 5 days after she was taking antibotics.

Sending prayers and hugs from Mississippi for your little girl, I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

Try touching her forehead with a cool wash rag, not cold, just cool.

When my daughter was little it was nothing for her fever to be over 104, the only thing that helped break it then would be rubbing alcohol bath. And she would run fever for about 5 days after she was taking antibotics.

Sending prayers and hugs from Mississippi for your little girl, I hope she gets to feeling better soon.

Aww, thanks

A alcohol bath?? I have never heard of that.....and I tried the cool wash rags and that lasted about 10 seconds,lol.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Aww, thanks

A alcohol bath?? I have never heard of that.....and I tried the cool wash rags and that lasted about 10 seconds,lol.
You just mix rubbing alcohol with luke warm water, and presto, fever is broke.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Alright, cool...may try that later..shes snoozing right now

kristinlowman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

sorry to interject, being a lurker and all, but i would not suggest an alcohol bath.

i'm a 3rd year pharmacy student currently taking a pediatrics elective and we were instructed NEVER to recommend alcohol baths because of the dangers of children inhaling the alcohol as well as absorbing it through their skin.

our professor suggested things like lukewarm sponge baths, drinking plenty of fluids, dressing the child in lightweight clothes, etc.

thereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s some good additional info here: http://www.chop.edu/consumer/your_ch...x.jsp?id=-8873

hope she feels better soon!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last Sunday when I had a high fever of 105.6 i was told to bundle up like I was normally going to be going outside, and to talk a short walk or to sit on the front patio for 20 minutes or so. That the cold air would help bring it down. Also I took off all my clothes except my track pants and a babytee. it lowered it down to 103. Which was still high, but better than what it was.
this is something my mother has always done with us since we were little kids.

I hope your daughter feels better soon.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sending lots of vibes and prayers to your little one. Definitely take her to her doctor tomorrow if she's not any better. She could have a sinus or ear infection that's putting pressure on her ears and making them hurt. I hope she feels better soon

((((((((((VIBES)))))))))))))

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kristinlowman

sorry to interject, being a lurker and all, but i would not suggest an alcohol bath.

i'm a 3rd year pharmacy student currently taking a pediatrics elective and we were instructed NEVER to recommend alcohol baths because of the dangers of children inhaling the alcohol as well as absorbing it through their skin.

our professor suggested things like lukewarm sponge baths, drinking plenty of fluids, dressing the child in lightweight clothes, etc.

thereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s some good additional info here: http://www.chop.edu/consumer/your_ch...x.jsp?id=-8873

hope she feels better soon!
I agree with this statement. And would also like to add- alcohol baths are also not a good idea because they can affect the ph in her vaginal area (you don't want to get anything like alcohol in there like she might from sitting in a bathtub with it.)

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well today shes still running her fever....finally got her to take some motrin(she kept refusing it and wanting just the tylenol) but anyways-Im going to call the Dr and hope they can get her in today......