I just wanna cry!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got an exam "due by Feb. 13th". I must take it at a proctored site, which is the local library. So I messed up & e-mailed the prof on Sun instead of 4 days prior to when I was going to take the exam(I should've e-mailed him on Fri). I realized today that it is "due by Feb 13th". So, I e-mailed him asking him "Is that due the 12th by midnight or the 13th by midnight?". That was at noon. I haven't yet heard back from him. That means if I really had ot have it done by today, I lost 100 points & failed that exam.
I just want him to e-mail me back!!!!!! I pray that it isn't due until tomorrow, cuz there's no proctored site avaliable for me now. I've just gotten so worked up over this....I mean, seriously!?!?! It's an online course...check your durn e-mails!!!!
I've e-mailed him before & it took 3 days to get a response...I didn't get my question answered until after I had taken the 4 chapter quizzes & one exam. The problems like the one I asked a question on I got wrong on the quizzed & exam.

I am soooo going to complain to the eCollege about this prof!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What class is this for Natalie? I never had to take online classes, mine were all down there on campus- but isn't there a phone number you could call and leave on his voicemail?

If your having a lot of problems w/ this prof- maybe talk to Joni about it?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it said due by Feb 13th, I would think that would mean the end of the day of the 13th, not the 12th. It should definitely be more clear.

Good luck!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about this. Is there a number where you can call him & actually talk to someone, I mean a real person, rather than waiting on an email? Naomi took an online course a couple of years ago...and had that sorta problem for a while...she finally got the prof's phone number and talked to her instead...even got to meet with her and go over everything she was having troubles with.

Good luck...I hope you weren't too late!
Hilda >^..^<

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH NO Natalie!! I hope it wasn't due today!! Is there anyway you can just do it now so its done in time for midnight tonight just in case?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd be just like you...all freaked out! I would be annoyed with the professor if he took that long to reply. I would try finding a number to reach him at. Good luck! I hope you still have time to do it!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It sounds to me like it is due tomorrow....you might not have until midnight, but Im sure you still have time! Go first thing and try to do it....good luck!

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i would imagine that it would not be available if the deadline had passed. If it is, then you might still be safe. But i think that you have time, but I a gree, it is a bit vague.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OH NO Natalie!! I hope it wasn't due today!! Is there anyway you can just do it now so its done in time for midnight tonight just in case?
See, that's my problem. If I do take it at home, then I get no points for it anyways as I didn't take it as a proctored site! ARGH! If it was due today in an hour and a half I will not be able to acess the exam, however, if I try to access the exam I have to take it right then. I need to go to bed now so I can get up & hopefully have no on campus classes with the snow coming....I could really use a snowday right now.

He's got a phone number, but it's only for when he's in his office...like before 2pm. Of course, I couldn't find the blasted number & didn't think of it until after 2pm. This prof is like a prof at a completely different college, not the community college I go to.

I think I am going to talk to the distance education person tomorrow if I have class. This guy is horrible at not giving clear directions, etc. However this turns out, I am so ready to throw a 4 Star fit & cry in the distance education lady's office. This is going to be the worst week of my life the way today has gone for me... I just don't need this right now!

catlady810

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. I do hope something postive happens and your able to take the test.

I HATE distance learning classes. There are two professors on my campus when I went to college that were known for being the worse distance learning teachers. Sadly I got them both. Passed their classes with a D.

Be happy it only take three days to get a email back. It took up to a month to get a email from one of the professors. And she was either rude, snappish, or didn't even answer the question. And her tests were never even on the subject we learned.

Hugs, because I know how some distance learning teachers are. I really hope the test is tomorrow instead of today. good luck.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH is a professor and he used to teach distance learning classes. Now he teaches on campus. So my perspective might be a little different. When he was teaching DL he would always say due by midnight on date, and he would use the time on the email to determine if the assignment arrived in time. I would assume that if it is due 2/13, then as long as you submit anytime during 2/13 you are OK.

But if you needed to arrange a proctored exam, and you needed to set it up 4 days in advance, and failed to do that, then you failed your responsibility, and the professor is not at fault.

Now that he is teaching on campus, part of his grading (25%) is based on "professionalism" which covers the gamut of tardiness, absenteeism, following class rules, grammar, spelling, class participation, etc. It works well, and the students appreciate the rules. He gets great student reviews. It's important to keep track of those critical dates!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Get what you can tonight and try to clear your mind. I can't stand that about profs. They think they are God. Relax, and do what you can. That's all that you can do at this point. You'll be great. Just do your best.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try to get some rest tonight sweetie! I know what a pain distance education can be! Surely it is due by the end of tomorrow, try to clear your mind and get some sleep!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

My DH is a professor and he used to teach distance learning classes. Now he teaches on campus. So my perspective might be a little different. When he was teaching DL he would always say due by midnight on date, and he would use the time on the email to determine if the assignment arrived in time. I would assume that if it is due 2/13, then as long as you submit anytime during 2/13 you are OK.

But if you needed to arrange a proctored exam, and you needed to set it up 4 days in advance, and failed to do that, then you failed your responsibility, and the professor is not at fault.

Now that he is teaching on campus, part of his grading (25%) is based on "professionalism" which covers the gamut of tardiness, absenteeism, following class rules, grammar, spelling, class participation, etc. It works well, and the students appreciate the rules. He gets great student reviews. It's important to keep track of those critical dates!
I understand the point of the prof & when I e-mailed him, I told him that I was sorry I didn't e-mail him on time. I flat out told him if he felt it necessary he could dock my grade. It's my fault, I know it, & it's my responsibility.
The thing that gets me is he says right in his gosh darn syllabus that he will reply to e-mails promptly! So far, he has not done that for me or any of the other students. I think the entire class is having trouble with getting prompt replies....but then again the prof could be swamped with something else.

Originally Posted by babyharley

Any news from the prof., Natalie?
I never did stop in the distance learning center today to talk to them.... I totally forget. And no e-mail back from the prof. yet! I'm wondering if perhaps the e-mails didn't get to him? If so, then why....I doubled checked the e-mail addy I sent them to & it is correct according to the syllabus...

The exam is still open, I will be going to the library to take it in about an hour and a half. I've been so stressed yesterday & today....this whole exam thing isn't helping anything! I've loved my distance learning classes so far, but this one just plain old stinks!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sucks that he still hasn't replied to you, this is exactly why I didn't take online classes!
You should just move down there!

Best of luck!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

That sucks that he still hasn't replied to you, this is exactly why I didn't take online classes!
You should just move down there!

Best of luck!!
I'd never find a place to rent that would let me have 5 cats!
Besides that, I need to save money so I can buy a house as soon as I graduate....that's why I'm living at home!

Leaving in 20 mins to take the test(provided the library has a computer open...)!