Which one is your favorite??? Help me choose!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I am moving my betta, Mr. Magoo out of my duplex and into Colin's house. I'd like to get him a new tank before i move him so i plan on going to petsmart first. This is what he's in now. It's a betta tank without the divider. I'd like to have him in at LEAST 1 gallon container with a top so he has some room and can't jump out. Here's what he's in now. I do not think i want an aquarium with a filter as bettas are not too fond of currents and prefer still water for the most part (unless you've had one that is accustomed to it- but mr. magoo has been in still water since i've had him so i won't put a filter with him if it comes with one.)

here are some of the ones i'm thinking about buying. what do you think?

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...N=2030056&Ne=2

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...4962850&Ne=396

this one's at petco- i like the blue one

http://www.petco.com/Shop/petco_Prod...riums-_-center
http://www.petco.com/Shop/petco_Prod...ID_101050.aspx

(also ignore the decorations on those other tanks- i will not put things in there that might tear his fins or take up too much space.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Nikki, I love the last one you posted, that is so CUTE... And I love his name Mr Magoo...I call DH that sometimes, he's not amused by it
I really like the last one too- i'm just not sure where i'd put it. One of the first ones i posted- the corner one- and also the taller tinner one would fit better in the bathroom where i plan to put it. If i get a bigger one i think i'll put it in the master bathroom or on the dresser. I'm not sure yet
/ His name is Mr. Magoo because he loves his lady friends
Did you notice he has two gorgeous mermaids that live with him

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooo, I like that last one too...sooo unusual Nikki!

I feel sorry for little bettas sometimes...such tiny lil' spaces for them. We had one years ago...bought it at a PetCo I think...we got it home and put it in its own 5 gallon tank! It had the best time...swimming & swimming & SWIMMING!!!

We eventually added a few more fish and they all lived happily for quite a while.

Hilda >^..^<

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Ooo, I like that last one too...sooo unusual Nikki!

I feel sorry for little bettas sometimes...such tiny lil' spaces for them. We had one years ago...bought it at a PetCo I think...we got it home and put it in its own 5 gallon tank! It had the best time...swimming & swimming & SWIMMING!!!

We eventually added a few more fish and they all lived happily for quite a while.

Hilda >^..^<
Oh i agree. There was a false concept for quie a while going around about bettas that they should be kept in the smallest spaces possible
It's false. They definitely like having a bit of room to swim around in and thrive. I don't want to get anything smaller than a gallon when i go to the store today...i'll see what i can find!

Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

I like this one:

http://www.petco.com/Shop/petco_Prod...riums-_-center
I like that one a lot too- i'm thinking about getting a blue one if they have it (Colin would stroke if i brought home a pink one

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Nikki, I love the last one you posted, that is so CUTE... And I love his name Mr Magoo...I call DH that sometimes, he's not amused by it
I agree Helen! Me too!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NOT the pretty one that has a globe on a stick... SOrry it is a tortue chamber not to mention the cleaning..

either of the two gallons would be lovely

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally I would prefer the Petco Mini Bow, 2.5 gallon set. It will serve his needs and he will think he's gone to heaven.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked the second last one you posted in the original post. It was blue.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, as much as I love the look of the dangly one, it would be too much of a temptation for your kits....bound to be a disaster waiting to happen.

Hilda >^..^<

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well thanks for the input everyone!!! I went to Petco and then to my house for a bit to give my mom her Valentines present (early i know but i'm a florist- i'll be stuck working all day on wed
While I was at Petco I found the perfect tank for him!
It actually wound up being none of the ones i had posted about
I found one in the store that i liked better
It's a one gallon tank that's designed to fit into corners - it looks AWESOME in the guest bathroom!
And he has tons of room in there- he's in heaven
It's twice the size of his old tank - i wanted to be sure to get one that was at least a gallon for him. It has a lighted hood and it has a filtration system to it also but i didn't but the filter in there as bettas usually prefer still water to water with a current. It can stress them out if you change their environment to something they're not used to- so i will save the filter for later on if i ever need it.
The light looks lovely over the water. I used the castle and rocks that were in Phantom's tank (my other betta who passed away not too long ago of old age.) Everything is sparkly clean and looks lovely!

Here is a link to the tank i got him (it's the one on the right. i was going to get the two gallon but they were all out. i still think he has lots of room in the one gallon though so i'm not too worried.)

http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Scene-Des.../dp/B0009YSFMW

This was my other betta, Phantom. He lived for quite a few years before passing on recently. I used the stones and castle that were in his old tank for the new one - there's a ton more room in it....so it actually looks kinda bland right now i might change it up a little and see what i can find next time i go to the store. I don't want to get it too crowded- i wanna make sure he has a lot of room to swim around in.

This is the castle i used and the stones- it is MUCH more spacious in the new tank so he has plenty of room
:

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you didn't want to use a filter, why not go with a simple 5 gal and live plants? They'll help keep the water cleaner and oxygenated.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

If you didn't want to use a filter, why not go with a simple 5 gal and live plants? They'll help keep the water cleaner and oxygenated.
I've already got this one all set up and love it- so does Mr. Magoo so we'll be keeping this one
/ I don't normally do live plants for a betta because bettas are carnivorious and do not need plants to eat as they are not normally omnivors. I give my bettas a diet of blood worms and other nutrients.
Since i clean my bettas out twice a week, i'm not too worried about filteration/plants for now.
/ I do however use lovely live plants like you suggested in my other fish tanks.
They look nice and help keep the tank lovely. Once Colin and I get married- i plan to get a 50-80 gallon to put into his home. I'm would love to have a salt water tank!
My mom will be keeping the 80 gallon fresh water and 10 gallon freshwater at her home since i'm moving in with Colin. So that will give me time to plan and think about what i'd need space wise for a salt water tank. Do you by chance have one? If so, what fish do you have in yours? I'm thinking of yellow tangs, 3 banded clown fish and things of that nature but i'm not set on anything yet as i still have lots of time to plan- i'd definitely love to hear some of your suggestions on that if you have a saltwater