What to do... what to do..?

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last week I shared my story about stumbling across Dolly and in the end I wasn't able to adopt her. After all that happened, the director said she had a four-paw declawed 1 year old female she wanted me to see. I told her I would go see her today after work.

I'm going to go to the shelter today, but I am a little hesitant. I've never gone out and adopted a cat. I've gone to shelters with the intention of adopted but never came home with a cat.

I adopted Gunner after cat sitting him for my uncle's wife (then girlfriend). She was going to return him to the shelter if I didn't take him and by then I was attached to the guy.

I adopted Taylor when I went to the shelter with an ex-gf who was looking to adopt a cat. Again, I wasn't looking to adopt that day, but I did.

The same thing almost happened with Dolly but it didn't work out. I don't know why it is so weird for me to GO to the shelter with the specific purpose of adopting a cat.

If I adopted another cat, I hope it doesn't screw up the good thing I have going with my 2 boys already and I hope it doesn't make me the crazy cat guy. LOL

Does anyone else have this problem?!? Should I adopt another cat or leave well-enough alone?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just go to the shelter and see what happens sweetie. See if you bond with the ktity and what it's like. It might be a match made in heaven, and then again she might not be the right one for you but you never know till you try!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Just go to the shelter and see what happens sweetie. See if you bond with the ktity and what it's like. It might be a match made in heaven, and then again she might not be the right one for you but you never know till you try!
I can see it happening now. I'm going to be suckered in by those cute lil cat eyes and then I'm history!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cubbie

I can see it happening now. I'm going to be suckered in by those cute lil cat eyes and then I'm history!
Just go in and see what happens. You might or might not bond with one. But you never know till you try
Before you go though- so you're not tempted while you're there- be sure to make out a budget and see if you can really afford to make a lifelong committment to another animal before you go to see and decide.
Good luck! Whatever happens i know you'll make the right decision.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

If you want to be talked out of adopting another cat- I'm not sure this is the place to go.

Check out how many cats some of us have!! I think we may have been taken by some lil cute cat eyes from time to time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So it wasn't meant to be.... Unbelievable. I went to the shelter right after work JUST as I promised and told the director I would. When I got there, the director wasn't there and neither was the cat she said she would hold for me. The cat was adopted out.

I was ticked but I didn't really show how ticked I was. I left the shelter and stopped at Walgreens, then decided to call the shelter to see if the director was there. She was there, so I drove right back to have a face-to-face conversation. She wanted to show me the other cats there which I looked at, but I decided not to take one home. There were a couple of cute ones including an all gray 5 month old male, but he had his claws and I was concerned about mixing him with 2 declawed cats.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well if it wasn't meant to be, it wasnt and thats ok! I'm sure when the right kitty crosses your path you'll know! Glory had my heart from the moment I saw her and she was only a week old. Bunny was the same way. Pumpkin stole my Mom's heart and the same for Mooch and Noodles. The right ones just seem to come to ya sometimes.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So it wasn't meant to be.... Unbelievable. I went to the shelter right after work JUST as I promised and told the director I would. When I got there, the director wasn't there and neither was the cat she said she would hold for me. The cat was adopted out.

I was ticked but I didn't really show how ticked I was. I left the shelter and stopped at Walgreens, then decided to call the shelter to see if the director was there. She was there, so I drove right back to have a face-to-face conversation. She wanted to show me the other cats there which I looked at, but I decided not to take one home. There were a couple of cute ones including an all gray 5 month old male, but he had his claws and I was concerned about mixing him with 2 declawed cats.
I'm sorry to hear this. But sometimes things work out the way we don't expect them to
The right kitty will come along eventually- and when it does i just know you'll give it a lovely home
/ Also if you're concerned about mixing a kitty with it's claws with your other kitties that are declawed....please look into getting some SoftClaws- they won't be able to scratch your other kitties with them on and it shouldn't be a problem at all