Arrghh.........Im gonna spit nails.....

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am watching a friend of mine's 2 kids(ages 3 and 4) well the 3 y/o just decided to get into our wood stove and play!!
Hes tracked it all thru the house, on everything. Im not too happy about this, can you tell??

and to make it worse, I tried mopping it with my Swiffer and well........it looks like s*** now. Ughgh........now what do I do???

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I would have used the wet Swiffer but the dry sheets...they pick up everything most times. Yeah, did the wet stuff just spread it around? You might just have to get down on your knees with a roll of paper towels & a spray bottle with vinegar in it and clean it up the old fashioned way. That's all I can think of but I'm sure someone else will have an easier answer for ya...at least I hope so!

Oh wait...I''m editing this cuz I misread and thought you said you have woodfloors. What kind of floors did the lil' guy get it on??? and more specifically...what are you having to clean up? Floors? Walls? Curtains? It just depends on what he got it all on.

I'm just reeeeeally glad the stove wasn't HOT!

Good luck!
Happy Cleaning

Hilda >^..^<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

I don't think I would have used the wet Swiffer but the dry sheets...they pick up everything most times. Yeah, did the wet stuff just spread it around? You might just have to get down on your knees with a roll of paper towels & a spray bottle with vinegar in it and clean it up the old fashioned way. That's all I can think of but I'm sure someone else will have an easier answer for ya...at least I hope so!

Oh wait...I''m editing this cuz I misread and thought you said you have woodfloors. What kind of floors did the lil' guy get it on??? and more specifically...what are you having to clean up? Floors? Walls? Curtains? It just depends on what he got it all on.

I'm just reeeeeally glad the stove wasn't HOT!

Good luck!
Happy Cleaning

Hilda >^..^<
Well we put down laminate flooring, so yeah they are hard wood. I went over it with my dry swiffer first and then with the wet, now it just looks waxy and gross, and the stuff from the stove is still there, and you can see little foot prints,lol. And yeah Im sure glad that stove wasnt hot either, because usually it is hot!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Well we put down laminate flooring, so yeah they are hard wood. I went over it with my dry swiffer first and then with the wet, now it just looks waxy and gross, and the stuff from the stove is still there, and you can see little foot prints,lol. And yeah Im sure glad that stove wasnt hot either, because usually it is hot!!!
1 part vinegar and 1.5-2 parts water- mix it together in a spray bottle then mist it on the areas that look bad. let it sit for a second then wipe it up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

1 part vinegar and 1.5-2 parts water- mix it together in a spray bottle then mist it on the areas that look bad. let it sit for a second then wipe it up.
Kewl, thanks~will try that.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Kewl, thanks~will try that.
I called my mom and asked her about it for you. (she owns her own business cleaning homes for a living.) Let me know if it works for you. If not i'll call her back and see if she can come up with any more ideas. / Also if you have any "Goo Gone" you might test that in one spot of the floor and see if it works then try using that as well since it is sticky.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, the vinegar solution should work well...that's what I use to clean my laminate floors too. The hubby objects to the smell of vinegar in the air so what I do is add a little smelly something to it to help...right now I've got a little bit of potpourri smelling liquid in there...smells much better than the vinegar.

Hilda >^..^<