Getting stains out of carpet?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know of a product that works really well at getting stains out of carpet... like RED KOOL-AID!?

John left a class of Cherry Kool-Aid on the end table in the living room and thank god there was only a little bit in there, but of course, the cats knocked it over on my carpet

I NEED to get it out since we rent- its driving me NUTS!!

HELP!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Does anyone know of a product that works really well at getting stains out of carpet... like RED KOOL-AID!?

John left a class of Cherry Kool-Aid on the end table in the living room and thank god there was only a little bit in there, but of course, the cats knocked it over on my carpet

I NEED to get it out since we rent- its driving me NUTS!!

HELP!!
I would suggest 409, I think it works well. Good luck on getting that out.

We just put down new flooring in the living room(got rid of carpet) and Im thinking carpet was easier to keep clean,lol.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used Simple Green on the carpet in my office when I spilled spaghetti sauce on it..I think its called that

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys.... John took my car to work today so now I have to wait til tonight to get anything.... I have some REsolve, I think its called... I'll have to try that.
Do you guys know of anything that will take out older stains too?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd try a tiny bit of dish detergent. It's gotten every stain out of carpets I've tried... but Kool-Aid has lots of color. You might try a dab of Shout Gel, and then a little OxyClean. It's an unbeatable combo.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I'd try a tiny bit of dish detergent. It's gotten every stain out of carpets I've tried... but Kool-Aid has lots of color. You might try a dab of Shout Gel, and then a little OxyClean. It's an unbeatable combo.
I'll have to try that- thanks!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Did you try old-fashioned club soda? Someone told me Shout stain stick works well. There's supposedly some new Tide stain pen that's alsp supposed to be good.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try the Dryel stain remover.

Yes, I Know its for clothes, but B swears by it. He says it'll take out any stains.

I haven't tried it on cat hairballs, but I am using Spot Shot right now. That gets up the cat yukes.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Try the Dryel stain remover.

Yes, I Know its for clothes, but B swears by it. He says it'll take out any stains.

I haven't tried it on cat hairballs, but I am using Spot Shot right now. That gets up the cat yukes.
Really? Maybe I'll try something like that tonight when I go to the store. The stuff I had didn't even TOUCH it!! AHhhhhh!! Its driving me nuts

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My stain book says:
for carpeting......Blot do not rub up all the liquid. Mix up 1 T laundry detergent to 1 cup water. Dampen sponge with this solution and blot stain. The dye in Kool-aid is causing the stain. If still fresh you could neutralize with 1 T ammonia in 1 cup water. Then rub table salt into the stain and let it sit. remove salt and repeat if necessary then rinse (by blotting with just water).
One product I found effective is called TECH. Its made in WI and I have bought it at (Mills) Fleet Farm-it can be found at hardware stores and I haven't checked grocery stores. www.techstainremover.com. When I 1st bought it several yrs ago one person told me it got red fingernail polish off of carpeting.
Hope this info helps.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

My stain book says:
for carpeting......Blot do not rub up all the liquid. Mix up 1 T laundry detergent to 1 cup water. Dampen sponge with this solution and blot stain. The dye in Kool-aid is causing the stain. If still fresh you could neutralize with 1 T ammonia in 1 cup water. Then rub table salt into the stain and let it sit. remove salt and repeat if necessary then rinse (by blotting with just water).
One product I found effective is called TECH. Its made in WI and I have bought it at (Mills) Fleet Farm-it can be found at hardware stores and I haven't checked grocery stores. www.techstainremover.com. When I 1st bought it several yrs ago one person told me it got red fingernail polish off of carpeting.
Hope this info helps.
Its dry now, it happened over night.... would the laundry detergent still work?

We have a Mills here, maybe I'll go there tonight to look for that TECH stuff...

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whatever you use, once you get it damp with the cleaner - blot, blot, blot

I fold a towel, lay it on the stain, then basically run in place on the towel. Keep turning the towel to use a fresh dry part of it. Here we call it the "vomit dance"
but I would bet the Kool Aid dance would work too.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't tried it on red stains yet, but Woolite Oxy Deep does a good job on carpets. I suggested it to someone on another forum for ink stains on white carpet (her dog chewed a blue pen- blue lipped dog, too, but just soap and water for her
), and she said it did a pretty good job. Walmart has it- blue bottle with a red top
. Good luck!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I use Folex for all the carpet stain events in our house. It's very effective, and safe around critters.
Yep, that's what I use as well. I've never had to use it on red KoolAid though! that is almost impossible to get out! However...I'll tell you that I've sprayed it on BLACK spray paint on beige carpeting and it has taken out every single bit of it! The stuff is grrrrreat!

Hilda >^..^<

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Yep, that's what I use as well. I've never had to use it on red KoolAid though! that is almost impossible to get out! However...I'll tell you that I've sprayed it on BLACK spray paint on beige carpeting and it has taken out every single bit of it! The stuff is grrrrreat!

Hilda >^..^<
Where do you purchase it at?

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kenz...pretty much anywhere. I think I got mine at Home Depot but I believe Wal*Mart and most grocery stores have it as well.

Hilda >^..^<

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Kenz...pretty much anywhere. I think I got mine at Home Depot but I believe Wal*Mart and most grocery stores have it as well.

Hilda >^..^<
I'll have to check at Walmart- THANKS Hilda!