What holidays do you decorate your house for??

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides the usual Christmas and now with Halloween and Thanksgiving becoming more popular do you decorate for other holiday too??
I put out lots of smaller flags for the 4th of July and have bunnies to put out for Easter but that's about it for me!!
Oops forgot to add I do set out some arrangements for spring with tulips and such silk flowers.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Christmas: tree, bows on bannister, wreath, nativity scene (sent to us from a family friend in Mexico).
Halloween: Pumpkin, maybe something on the door

That's about it!

A friend of mine always has an easter tree! I thought about it, but the cats would attack something like that for SURE.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My family usually decorates the most for christmas. We do a little for halloween and easter. But that's it.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When the kids were little I used to decorate for xmas every year. But its been a couple of years at least since we did that.

And then...we moved into this house! We discovered that the previous owners (who moved to California) left boxes & boxes of xmas decorations up in the attic! Well, we bought the house in April...and it was December...and we didn't hear from them...soooooooooo....we used them! I know its awful...but the house looked soooo pretty!

Uh...since then, we got an email from their realtor like 3 days before xmas saying they discovered that their decorations were not with them so, after the holidays, she came over, picked them up and mailed them to Cali...in January...allllllllllllll of it!!! Huge boxes...lots of 'em...must've cost a fortune!

Ah well...we'll see what happens this xmas y'all...

Hilda >^..^<

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanksgiving, Christmas, and 4th of July and sometimes Easter.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I could I would decorate with little bunnies for Easter.
Usually just Christmas for the apartment. Mom would decorate for everything when she hit her 50's, including St Pattys when we are Italian. She said it was in honor of Connor & Princess (her kitties) we were born that weekend.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really decorate for ANY holiday! Does it count that we've had a Halloween plack up on the wall in the living room everyday for 3-4 years!? Does that count as decorating!?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
none of them. heck, i rarely even clean my house - why would i decorate it?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

none of them. heck, i rarely even clean my house - why would i decorate it?
You crack me up!
I make an effort to decorate for Christmas, but basically only because Jamie loves the "cat toy tree". I put a few little black cat/ghost/pumpkin candles out for Halloween, and Easter baskets, but that's about it.
I hate to say it, but I was at a friend's house the other day, and she had a lot of Valentine's Day decorations up, and all I could think was, "Why didn't she spend the time cleaning and straightening up, instead of strewing more junk around?"

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

You crack me up!

I hate to say it, but I was at a friend's house the other day, and she had a lot of Valentine's Day decorations up, and all I could think was, "Why didn't she spend the time cleaning and straightening up, instead of strewing more junk around?"
exactly! in my house, there are cat hair tumbleweeds in every corner, empty boxes everywhere, empty bags likewise, shoes all over the floor in the den, clothes spilling out of the hamper, a sink full of dirty dishes [& a dishwasher full of clean ones!] - decorations would just be lost!

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL - Christmas and Halloween only.
I decorated for Easter the first spring that I had Penelope, and she attacked the stuffed easter bunnies I had out and I just got too irritated to do it again!
Its hard with the cats to do "temporary" decorating, the whole unpacking and packing it back up, with them around, is such a chore!!