God bless you Ollie

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
September 1, 2006 through February 11, 2007 (Rescued October 7th)

October

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With family and friends: brother Allen, sisters Rachel and Meghan, Uncle Oscar and me.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh,

Ollie the precious is playing over the rainbow bridge? I'm so sorry.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe Ollie was diagnosed with FeLV on Wednesday and the precious dear was far along. I'm so sorry Auntie, I know you must be very upset at how fast everything happened. Know that you gave Ollie a beautiful chance at life and be sure to give yourself closure by talking to the shelter that you adopted him from as you stated before that he was vaccinated against this.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What happened to your precious kitty???
He is absolutely gorgeous...Bless his heart.
I know your heart must be broken...Please let us know what happened to your sweet boy.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that's heartbreaking, poor little dear. What a gorgeous creature he was. Rest in peace sweetheart.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

I believe Ollie was diagnosed with FeLV on Wednesday and the precious dear was far along. I'm so sorry Auntie, I know you must be very upset at how fast everything happened. Know that you gave Ollie a beautiful chance at life and be sure to give yourself closure by talking to the shelter that you adopted him from as you stated before that he was vaccinated against this.
I just read about this on another thread, I am so sorry to hear this.

At least now he is healthy again, and he is over at the bridge.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I apologize for being mysterious, I did not mean to be. I'm having a really hard time.

Tuesday night, Oliver was his usual sweet playful self, but I noticed lumps under his chin and above his collarbone. It looked like lymph node problems, so I took him to the vet the next day, where he tested positive for FeLV. He's seen two other doctors since then, but he went from good to bad so fast it was...horrifying. We couldn't stop it and we couldn't make him better.

So I put my friend to sleep this afternoon.

I feel shattered. I thought maybe if I posted his life in pics, to show that, as short as it was, it was a good life, maybe I would feel better.

I don't. But maybe tomorrow I will.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

I apologize for being mysterious, I did not mean to be. I'm having a really hard time.

Tuesday night, Oliver was his usual sweet playful self, but I noticed lumps under his chin and above his collarbone. It looked like lymph node problems, so I took him to the vet the next day, where he tested positive for FeLV. He's seen two other doctors since then, but he went from good to bad so fast it was...horrifying. We couldn't stop it and we couldn't make him better.

So I put my friend to sleep this afternoon.

I feel shattered. I thought maybe if I posted his life in pics, to show that, as short as it was, it was a good life, maybe I would feel better.

I don't. But maybe tomorrow I will.
I am so sorry to hear about Ollie, but at least he didn't suffer, and now he is healthy again.

I am sending prayers and hugs from Mississippi for you. I hope you feel better soon.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG! Ollie left you so quickly!
No words can express my sorrow. No kitty deserves to die that young. I only hope & pray the others are FeLV-. I'm only a PM away if you need anything.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Om my, I am so sorry to hear about Sweet Ollie
Your photos show what a wonderful and loving life he had and that you gave him that life

Time will bring you some peace and memories will surely make you smile again............in time

RIP Sweet Ollie, there are some special kitties waiting to meet you

look down now and then the love from below is always there