Cats and snow

bex

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What does everyones cats and kittens think of snow? (if they've ever seen it)
We had snow here the other day and it really upset my eldest boy, he didnt know what to do with himself and was up and down like a yoyo! lol

catlady810

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Stormy doesn't even like to look outside, so she doesn't pay attention to the snow. Cuddles will sit at the door just watching it as if it was nothing. Sushi will get on her back paws and place her front paws on the window. Than she does this chasing thing with her front paws, trying to touch the snow flakes. Fall was more funny, because when a leaf when flying by a window she'd race to the next in hopes to get the leaf.

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine both will watch it fall, but only if they are by the window. It is not an attention getter that's for sure.

We are supposed to get between 6-12 inches Tuesday into Wednesday though so I wonder what they will do if that much snow falls!!!!

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine haven't seen snow except for a light snow storm last year around Christmas time (It doesn't normally snow here except once in several years.) They were all fascinated by it by watching it fall from the inside. When it came time to venture out to see the 'cold white-stuff' only our youngest (Lil' Jag) ventured out to play in it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kandie stay s in

Zoey is part snow kitty love s to run and play in it ( as long as it is on the grd not falling)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My animals are all indoors only so they don't go outside in the snow. (not that we have any here right now
) But they will try to "catch" it when it snows and they look through the window

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sho doesn't care anymore, he's a lazy house cat.
A couple weeks ago I took Tomas outside with me to see the snow, he did not like it at all, and ran right back inside. I'm hoping the snow made a horrible impression on him, maybe it'll help curb any future urge to even try to sneak outside.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took Spalding out the first time it snowed in November, he didn't like it and ran for the door. He hasn't been out in it since.

Mister loves the snow, he wears a sweater and booties. I get some funny looks from the neighbours

The rest of the cats don't like the harness and never go out.

thelorax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

I took Spalding out the first time it snowed in November, he didn't like it and ran for the door. He hasn't been out in it since.

Mister loves the snow, he wears a sweater and booties. I get some funny looks from the neighbours

The rest of the cats don't like the harness and never go out.
what amount to our winter which means a few days of light rain...Miss Mina will go outside if I'm outside, but she will immediately turn tail and sit in our doorway calling me until I come in again.

We lived in Oregon several yeasr back and Miss Mina saw her first snow. She explored until her paws got too cold, turned tail...you know the rest!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine don't seem to mind it. Bobber is so small through that when there is any on the ground she walks in pre-existing footprints. Its funny when thy step in it the very first time though-they don't know what to expect.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine will go out in it if it's not too cold out. Pushy loves to jump in the snow, whereas Wiggs walks along shaking his feet with every step.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My outdoor kitties seem to love playing in the snow. Bean has yet to see snow though. I keep him inside.