Junior's impression of a porcupine

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Junior. Beandip was carrying the featherduster around in his teeth...and when Junior saw him come around the corner, he couldn't see Beandip's face - just a big ball of feathers with four legs. This was Junior's reaction:

Do you have any puffy porcupine kitty pics to share?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Oh, my!
That's what I said!!

I just can't believe he stayed there frozen like that long enough for me to fumble around with the camera.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww poor baby! He looks absoultely terrified, his tail is down rather than up, which indicates a defensive/scared pose. I hope he recovered from his fright very quickly. It's unusual to see a photo of a cat looking like that, you must have been very quick with the camera!

On a related note - I heard Radar hiss for the very first time the other day because he ran towards the kitchen and spotted me there at a time I would not normally be found in that part of the house, he was startled but his hiss scared the **** out of me, I've never heard him do that before! He soon calmed down and let me cuddle him once he realised it was only me.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Awww poor baby! He looks absoultely terrified, his tail is down rather than up, which indicates a defensive/scared pose. I hope he recovered from his fright very quickly. It's unusual to see a photo of a cat looking like that, you must have been very quick with the camera!

On a related note - I heard Radar hiss for the very first time the other day because he ran towards the kitchen and spotted me there at a time I would not normally be found in that part of the house, he was startled but his hiss scared the **** out of me, I've never heard him do that before! He soon calmed down and let me cuddle him once he realised it was only me.
He recovered pretty quickly. I got lucky with the camera. I was snapping pictures of Beandip with the duster...otherwise I would have missed the moment.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets scared by people and things that I am familiar with, just because they catch me off guard.
I can sympathize with Radar.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww poor puffy tails!

I'm not surprised that Beandip found that duster so appealing!

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not as puffy as the others, but here's Molly the first time she saw Jake (well, the first time I released him from confinement and let him walk towards her, lol). In the next instant, she hopped to safety in a cupboard, lol

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

That made me soooooo
! Yours is much more pine defined, but heres Maia!

They look like siblings
!!!!
"Pine defined" ...

Maia is very cute...Junior would like to meet her.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's my Twitch.

She can scare the daylights outta any dog, even if they weigh 150 lbs! Ironically, this is the kitty that is front paw declawed & has no teeth...not to mention she's deaf!

msktty89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww! I can't help but have the urge to snuggle him (although that position does not look like one that wants a snuggle, LOL).

OFF TOPIC:
My cat Roarie is similar coloured and I hadn't ever seen anything like it 'til now... She's got that stripe thing going, but also has the black feet-bottoms and a cream belly (with black spots). Is there a name for that colouration?

This is the only picture I have of her uploaded: