Cleanliness Is Next To...

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Howdie y'all...
Over the last 10 years or so, the hubby & I have travelled to many states in our lovely country. His job takes him to different technical schools as well as sights and many times I accompany him on these trips. But down to what this thread is really about. While some of these trips we've made by plane, many of them we've had to drive to these different locations...which means, lots of 'rest' stops. I've had the pleasure of visiting many, many ladies rooms in restaurants, convenience stores as well as highway Rest Stops. Now I've just got to get this off my chest: When/why did so many women stop washing their hands after using the restroom services? I don't understand. Gosh, I've noticed waaaay too many females just flush and rush outta there...no time to wash up at all. Are we in that much of a hurry? One time...I almost lost it y'alll!!!!...I was...uh...'busy'...but I noticed or rather heard a little girl come in with what I guess was her mom. They did what they had to do and the child went to wash her hands. The female said something like 'we don't have time for that'...the little one said 'but I have to wash my hands!'. The female again said ''but so-&-so is waiting for us''...that's all I remember I guess because I was so mad! I felt like getting up and telling the woman that so & so could wait just a few more seconds while this child washed her hands!!! Butt...I didn't...and I have regretted it ever since, I'm not sure why but I just think I should have said something even if it was from the confines of my stall. In this case, the child was right and in my opinion, the female adult was wrong.

Other times I've noticed too that the women's restrooms are just soooo messy...stuff all over the place. Well, not all over the place, but pieces of toilet paper strewn in every direction. Is it children who are doing this? There were more than a few times that my hubby would use the men's room at a certain location and then he'd tell me something like 'do you need to go, cuz the restrooms are very clean here'. Well, I would go and sure enough...the ladies room would be awful! Often times, I find myself taking some of the paper in the stall and cleaning up or picking up whatever trash is laying around in my stall...I just can't stand it that way y'all. Why have women become so dirty? Maybe I shouldn't generalize it so much and I'm sure that not all women are that way...but what has happened...why are we in such a hurry that we can't take the time to be clean?

Anyway, just had to get that off my chest as I already said.

Thanks for reading...and for commenting if you choose to.

Hilda >^..^<

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree with you! It peeves me that people can be so digusting. It only takes a few minutes to wash hands. I cringe when I see women just walk out of the restroom without washing. I always wash my hands and then once I leave the restroom I use hand santizer. I always have it on hand.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to think that the guys were gross when it came to not washing their hands and leaving the restrooms gross, but now I've seen more women being just plain nasty. Leaving used pads unwrapped in the trash, not flushing the toilet, going #1 on the seat, I mean comeon, that's gross. Women out gross the men by far now. Working in a restaurant I know because I have to clean the RR daily and it's just plain nauseating. I won't go in there without gloves at all and I'll wash my hands at least twice and then sanitize them after I get done cleaning it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

I used to think that the guys were gross when it came to not washing their hands and leaving the restrooms gross, but now I've seen more women being just plain nasty. Leaving used pads unwrapped in the trash, not flushing the toilet, going #1 on the seat, I mean comeon, that's gross. Women out gross the men by far now. Working in a restaurant I know because I have to clean the RR daily and it's just plain nauseating. I won't go in there without gloves at all and I'll wash my hands at least twice and then sanitize them after I get done cleaning it.
You really went into detail here & I appreciate it! That's exactly what I'm talking about (but I just couldn't bring myself to even type it).

Thanks for your posts y'all...
Hilda >^..^<

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always wash my hands after using the restroom, and I won't touch the door after I have washed my hands. I save the paper towel to open the door and then I try and throw the paper towel in the garbage can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I always wash my hands after using the restroom, and I won't touch the door after I have washed my hands. I save the paper towel to open the door and then I try and throw the paper towel in the garbage can.
Same here Belinda.

Hilda >^..^<

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eww...I don't care if women "hover" when going, but I hate it when they spray and don't wipe down.

please check before leaving the bathroom.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yuck! It just disgusts me to go into some rest rooms, the state they are in! And anyone that doesn't wash their hands is just plain dirty, no two ways about it! I absolutely refuse to touch anything with bare hands in rest rooms - thank god for paper towels. And when all they have are those stupid hand dryers (that dry your skin out but not off), I use a kleenex from my purse to turn taps, open door etc.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember the time we were at a store on it's first day open and already someone had gunked up the women's toilet and it wouldn't flush. Water was all over the floor.

It amazing how many people forget their manners in public and do things they would never do at home. I know I have told young kids to go back and flush before I would enter after them. I tell them I don't want to look at their "deposits" either!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG...Hilda, you've read my mind!!! I don't understand this phenomenon at all, but I've tried explaining this very thing to my DH about public women's restrooms! Why, oh why must women leave their sanitary whatnots everywhere, and their wrappers? And then, dare I say, not flush??? And the running out of there without washing their hands??????? I don't get it either. I hardly ever want to use one of these restrooms, much less not scrub the daylights out of my hands afterwards!!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm truly ashamed of our young women today. I've been in the public restrooms at the malls and it truly is disgusting. These same young women wouldn't be caught out without their hair and makeup just perfect, but the mess they leave behind is astonishing. I knew the superintendent of an apartment building and one time he told he that he's had to go into apartments for repairs and that some of the best-dressed, most perfect looking women that walked out in the morning had the most disgusting messes in their apartments.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Young women today seem to be absolute slobs. It's like they've caught up with men or something.
I've helped deliver furniture to student dorms, and we were all apalled at the state of the rooms. You expect a certain level of "animal house" going on, but the women were way more offensive than the guys!!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
At work we have the problem of Men always using the Women's bathroom. This really angers me.
Agreed on the Pet Peeve about women not wiping down the seat. It's especially gross if you forget to check and accidentaly sit down. In a nice restaurant I sometimes make the mistake of assuming the seat is fine to sit on. That is always when I sit on a wet seat!!! Yuk.
In my opinion there is no excuse to not wash ones hands afterwards. In North America we are very fortunate that soap isn't expensive so all rest stops/restaurants provide it. I spent some time in Africa. It was very rare to see soap in the bathroom. Often no toilet paper either. Supposedly, this was due to the cost and people would steal the paper and soap if they put it out. Cuba was the same way.
In one restaurant, the owner had stuck a strong magnet into the soap to keep it attached to the dish. I was very impressed. I found I used to rate restaurant experiences on whether they had soap in the loo! I got obsessed by it.
I always had to have toilet paper and Purel in my purse at all times.
After that, on my return home I really appreciated the bathrooms and soap that we often take for granted.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually always wash my hands after using the restroom. The only time I don't is if the sink looks so gross that I don't want to touch it. In that case I take some hand sanitizer from my purse and use that instead. But I don't think that it's just women that have become sloppy, it's also the men. My boufriend often complains how dirty the mens bathrooms are as well. I really don't think it's just the customers fault that the bathroom is so messy. Often times the buisness just doesn't clean often or well enough. There's really no excuse for that, and it says alot about how a company is run if you walk in and thier bathroom is a mess.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
True. When I was in university and used to waitress, one of our jobs was to check the customers' bathrooms regularly to make sure there was no mess. There is no excuse for a restaurant not to do this.