ALERT: Upcoming Test With Points! **READ**

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's possible that the vbbux points being calculated and updated for every postbit (the header that contains your username post count and avatar etc.) is slowing down page loading. It's also possible that there is little to no effect, so we are going to do a test. Later this week, I will not-so-magically make the point count, bank count and total points count disappear from being displayed within posts, which I'm sure everyone will notice. I will leave it like that for a few days. Don't worry. Your points will still accumulate. You can still view them from the profile view etc.

Anyway, during this week, take a mental note of how long it takes to load pages. Later this week when I announce that the points display within posts is turned off, make a mental note of whether there is any difference over those next few days. If you think you see a difference, post here in this thread. If you don't notice a difference, post here as well. If you're not sure there's an actual difference, jump off a 2 foot high bridge into a giant lake of pink jelly and post here as well.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Okay, I think....computer dyslexic that I am...
Me and you both, I will just ask Neet or someone what this means, I have no idea what this means.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

Me and you both, I will just ask Neet or someone what this means, I have no idea what this means.
It just means keep an eye on how fast the pages come up for you now, and compare it to the day the points being hidden test is being run.... and let Wyan know if it's faster or slower...

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ill keep an eye out for a change. When will it happen?

BTW: Will I still get the points for referrals? When the plaza was down last week I had a freind(thelorax) sign up. She put me down as her referral. It shows in my profile.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been noticing any lags that some of the other people had in the past few weeks-ish but I will make sure that I keep an eye out for the next few weeks.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To start off with, it took 7.109 seconds to put up this page on Firefox for me - with new posts I haven't read. If there are no new posts, then 4.343 seconds. Is that the kind of info you're looking for Papa Smurf/Wyan???

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well since we need something to go by, with new posts this thread took 4.328 seconds and without it took 4.470 (there is something wrong with that
)

(ETA ok I refreshed and got 4.287 seconds)

so now I have something to go by

ETA if I am work, this page loads in 3.72 seconds with new posts and 3.70 without

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't I jump into cheese instead??? With dial up the page loading isn't the speediest anyhow so I don't really notice much of a difference!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

Ill keep an eye out for a change. When will it happen?

BTW: Will I still get the points for referrals? When the plaza was down last week I had a freind(thelorax) sign up. She put me down as her referral. It shows in my profile.
It's on my "to do" list. I'll let you know when it's on my "to done" list.
I will shut off point count, bank count and points total within posts late Tuesday night.
Originally Posted by Abymummy

To start off with, it took 7.109 seconds to put up this page on Firefox for me - with new posts I haven't read. If there are no new posts, then 4.343 seconds. Is that the kind of info you're looking for Papa Smurf/Wyan???
A general idea would have sufficed, but I'm not complaining.
Originally Posted by GailC

Can't I jump into cheese instead???
Absosmurfly!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

What flavour is pink jelly, I have an allergy to Strawberry?
I did imagine it to be strawberry flavored. In your mind, you can imagine any flavor you want.
Just ask Gail. She's jumping into a lake of cheese instead.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

I did imagine it to be strawberry flavored. In your mind, you can imagine any flavor you want.
Just ask Gail. She's jumping into a lake of cheese instead.
Mine's gonna be JELLO instead of jelly! Yeah for jello!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How come PINK jelly? Why not ORANGE jelly? Or GRAPE Jelly? or MINT GREEN jelly?

Actually I would prefer Feta Cheese. HUUUUMMMMMMM

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Updating the referrals that didn't get points is on the "to done" list.
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

How come PINK jelly? Why not ORANGE jelly? Or GRAPE Jelly? or MINT GREEN jelly?

Actually I would prefer Feta Cheese. HUUUUMMMMMMM
Feta cheese is good in a salad, but I wouldn't jump into it. Why pink jelly? Pink jelly is the softest, most comfy lake of jelly one can jump into. Show something saying it isnt.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay, I just found out that there is no global setting to keep points from showing in the postbits, but there's always the individual user setting, so you can go ahead and try it yourself turning it off and on.

click the user cp link
click the edit vbplaza options
select yes in the drop down list for "hide points in posts"
click update settings.
browse some pages and see if it's making a difference.