Cat Obsessed With Dryer Sheets?

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure where to post this, but I was wondering if anyone else's cat was like this.

Pudge is completeley in love with Gain Original Fresh Dryer Sheets (not sure of other scents as I tend to stick to one).

If I'm folding laundry and she happens by when a dryer sheet's on the floor she'll run in and start rubbing her face on it, rolling around, holding it between her paws, etc...the same way she reacts to catnip.

The other cats will just watch her as if she's gone nuts, and when she's done they'll home in on the sheet then sit there looking around as if to say "huh?" and walk off.

Anyone else's cats nip out on dryer sheets?
Different scents, or just one?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my Petals does that. If she finds one, she will carry it around! I try to watch that because I can't imagine that is good for her to be in her mouth!

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girls have a field day with them if one is discovered (I'm usually really good at grabbing them first) and will try to lick them.

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is this true? (must be, right? since it's on the ASPCA website?)
http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer...csoftenersheet

(Saw that some folks here also have kitties that like dryer sheets...so I thougt I'd add it to this thread)

Munchie loves dryer sheets...he loves fresh laundry actually, and will roll around it in or make himself a "cave" and hang out while we fold. We usually let him play around with the used dryer sheets (never the fresh ones)...he doesn't bite it but likes to roll around on the used sheet...or sometimes I'd make him a little used-dryer-sheet-hat
that he could wear while hanging out on the warm laundry

...but I guess if the ASPCA is right, no more used dryer sheets for him

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently discovered that dryer sheets were the cause of my terrible, painful skin problems -- even the ones for sensitive skin were causing me to have redness and burning, especially on my face. So I certainly wouldn't think they could possibly be good for kitties...

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat doesn't bother them.
We use fresh ones to wipe on the dogs when the bugs are really bad during the summer. It helps. The dog's coats stay very nice, shiny, and healthy, no one has had an allergic reaction. But then again, no one licks it and tries to eat the sheets either...

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

My cat doesn't bother them.
We use fresh ones to wipe on the dogs when the bugs are really bad during the summer. It helps. The dog's coats stay very nice, shiny, and healthy, no one has had an allergic reaction. But then again, no one licks it and tries to eat the sheets either...
Munchie doesn't lick or eat the sheets either, but the website says it could be problematic b/c the cat rolls around on the sheet & then licks its own fur, thereby inadvertently ingesting the chemicals (cationic agents
, I think they said, which can cause GI upset or worse) <<sigh>>

catlover416

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not sure where to post this, but I was wondering if anyone else's cat was like this.

Pudge is completeley in love with Gain Original Fresh Dryer Sheets (not sure of other scents as I tend to stick to one).

If I'm folding laundry and she happens by when a dryer sheet's on the floor she'll run in and start rubbing her face on it, rolling around, holding it between her paws, etc...the same way she reacts to catnip.

The other cats will just watch her as if she's gone nuts, and when she's done they'll home in on the sheet then sit there looking around as if to say "huh?" and walk off.

Anyone else's cats nip out on dryer sheets?
Different scents, or just one?
My cat loki will literally try to eat them I have had to save his life numerous times by taking it out of his mouth once even had to reach down his throat and grab the gain dryer sheet. Good thing is he is a very healthy boy and is in perfect health I still don't understand why my cat tries to swallow these dryer sheets I guess I never will im just glad we were able to save him each time I have literally had to chase him around the house when he's trying to eat it and I notice I react right away and he runs trying to swallow it. Such a weird thing for a cat to do. But other then that he's a very good boy and he likes to cuddle and seeks attention all the time my fault for that though I always held him in my arms sinse he was a kitten 😸 if you ever figure out why they like them so much let me know 😆 🤣

Screenshot_20230321-182912_Instagram.jpg

This is my boy loki that likes to swallow dryer sheets thankfully he never has managed to do it successfully he just tries to sneak around trying to manage doing it successfully such a weird thing probably tye weirdest thing I have ever seen him do in general fir a cat to try to eat dryer sheets doesn't sound very appetizing but he is a healthy boy no longer a kitten I just wanted to share this photo he aas so cute and fluffy.