Milli

queenfe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, lets start at the begining..
On wednesday morning last week, we heard this strange meowing coming from the wall between the next door garage and cottage we live in. My hubby jumped up on the roof and followed the sound. He battled and we brainstormed for two hours,hearing kitty meows..
We called in the animal anti cruelty, and sad to say they only had a 1.2m cat catcher. We struck up a plan, got a net and rope. Watered poor kitty down to make her move towards the net, once in we slid her towards the opening in the wall. And yipppeee, kitty was safe.
The wall space was only 50cm wide and 3m deep.
Hubby jumps off the roof (thankfully not breaking his legs). Runs out and holds the kitty, gives me this look.. 'Oh I want this kitty'
Now I have never owned a cat, my brothers and sisters did, so I never really cared for a cat.
Off kitty goes to the vet, they stabilise her, and we can collect her at 3pm, some basic intructions and 'kittymilk" off we go home.
I strart feeding kitty, now we realise we can't keep saying kitty, so we think of names.. Silly Milli.. and it stuck.
Milli eats 10ml every three hours, loves me to clean her and her tummy has worked well.
Yet when she smells my hands, she really gets excited.
The tiny scrathes on my hands makes me remember why I didn't like kittens, but to hold her close and feel that purr... it worthwhile. And those tiny scratches are nothing compared to the love I have already gained for Milli.

Sharon

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by queenfe

Hi, lets start at the begining..
On wednesday morning last week, we heard this strange meowing coming from the wall between the next door garage and cottage we live in. My hubby jumped up on the roof and followed the sound. He battled and we brainstormed for two hours,hearing kitty meows..
We called in the animal anti cruelty, and sad to say they only had a 1.2m cat catcher. We struck up a plan, got a net and rope. Watered poor kitty down to make her move towards the net, once in we slid her towards the opening in the wall. And yipppeee, kitty was safe.
The wall space was only 50cm wide and 3m deep.
Hubby jumps off the roof (thankfully not breaking his legs). Runs out and holds the kitty, gives me this look.. 'Oh I want this kitty'
Now I have never owned a cat, my brothers and sisters did, so I never really cared for a cat.
Off kitty goes to the vet, they stabilise her, and we can collect her at 3pm, some basic intructions and 'kittymilk" off we go home.
I strart feeding kitty, now we realise we can't keep saying kitty, so we think of names.. Silly Milli.. and it stuck.
Milli eats 10ml every three hours, loves me to clean her and her tummy has worked well.
Yet when she smells my hands, she really gets excited.
The tiny scrathes on my hands makes me remember why I didn't like kittens, but to hold her close and feel that purr... it worthwhile. And those tiny scratches are nothing compared to the love I have already gained for Milli.

Sharon
You have started my day with a smile! May you and Silly Milli have many more stories to tell us here on TheCatSite!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that you rescued Milli, and I am glad that your husband didn't break his legs too.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi again, wow, what a wonderful rescue story, but Little Milli must have be a tad scared

So now you are a new kitty owner and what a beginning for you !

Good luck and heres some
from my kits to Little Milli

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How great that you were able to rescue Milli and give her a loving home! Those little purrs really do go straight to your heart!

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. We would love to see pictures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

queenfe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here as promised, one picture for starters.. .
much much more to follow...

Milli.

Plenty more, just testing to see if I got this done correctly.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! Ok, so my Frankie was a rescue and she was about that size too.
There's nothing quite like being loved by a cat.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's gorgeous, you posted the picture correctly, and THANK YOU for rescuing this little kitty!

I don't know if you've already seen this site, but this may be useful for you: http://www.kitten-rescue.com

You can clip her claws, and those scratches won't hurt so much.

And that purr IS worth it, isn't it?

I'm so glad you found TCS. Ask ANY questions. And, of course, we love updates!

What a precious baby!

...and I'm so glad hubby didn't hurt himself in the process.

(BTW - have you searched for any more? Or maybe momma moved a litter and this one got dropped/lost/left behind?)

Laurie

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a precious baby Milli is.
Bless you for rescuing her and welcome to the wonderful world of being owned and loved by a cat.

queenfe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Thought an update would be good now.
Milli, is growing up lovely, she has such a lovely warm kind of love.
I must admit, I thought I would fail as mommy to her.
The other day, Milli went missing I paniced. Started searching. And after two hours my guy asked me to get something out the drawer at the computer desk.. guess what.. Milli had gotten herself stuck (not that she was hurt) in there.. I was soooooo happy to find her.
Milli now has a band with a bell around her neck.
Milli also does not meow.. she does however make the movement with her mouth but no sound.. unless she is angry or really hungry. Is that normal??
thanks
Sharon

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Milli now has a band with a bell around her neck.
ooo I would think twice before leaving her with a band on, she is still so tiny and may catch it on something........and then, well dont want to say what could happen - maybe when you are not there, you can just leave her in a room that doesnt have a lot of things in it - put a box with an old t-shirt of yours in, she probably still wants to snuggle to something and of course you'd know where she was

Milli also does not meow.. she does however make the movement with her mouth but no sound.. unless she is angry or really hungry. Is that normal??
yes that is normal, again she is still very young and all her senses etc are still developing...so I am sure she is fine

Keep us posted, you are being a great mom

queenfe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wow.. you see, now that is why I love this site so much.
I never thought of that.. lol
band is off. and a thing of the past.
Milli stays in the smaller bathroom, has her toys, food and her bed when we go out.

Thank you once again
Sharon
xxxxxx

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you are welcome.........do keep us posted............any more new photos of the little sweetie
I´ll check out Fur Picture...........

queenfe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I am having so much fun with Milli.
Oh and she simply loves the camera..