Our new arrival

x-ta-z

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today we picked up Singa's new sister (let's all hope she'll accept her soon
). The little one was rescued from a litterof 4. Their mother obviously was dumped as she was wearing a nice collar when the family was found. The mother immediately got sterilized and the foster took in one of the kittens (unfortunately she couldn't take them all to find a home). When I picked the kitty up today she told me that sadly the brothers and sisters all disappeared (and it seems like someone complained about the mass of stray cats in that area and they were most likey taken away - meaning sent to get killed
). I hate Singapore for this.

Anyhow.. at least one was rescued. And here she is:

I have been thinking about names.... Since I am in Singapore... Singa is translated 'lion' in Malay. And for the new kitten we were thinking of either Pipit ('i' pronounced as in tin) which is Malay for "sparrow" or Tikus (ponounced 'teekos') which means 'mouse' or Blachan ('a' pronounced as in far) which is a Malay type of sauce made of shrimp paste and other ingredients and smells really bad, but when you call someone Blachan it means smelly (heehee - I find that cute actually
).
Or German word Kruemel (pronounced 'kroomle' which means crumbs (as in bread crumb or cake crumb) and is used as a cute way to call little naughty things....

I am German and my bf is Malay (just to explain the weird names we choose)

and one of Singa for the record... never posted any adult pics of her I think

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

x-ta-z

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Soo cute. do you have a word for big ears?
hahaha! don't want to emphasise her little faults... and Singa had the same huge gremlin ears when she was young... most street cats here have that.. hehehe

Oh her former name (given by the fosters) is Mei Mei which means "small sister" in Mandarin

But we are most likely to choose Pipit. It sounds cute.. Tho she reacts to Blachan with a small meow.. haha

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a cutie! I'm sure she'll grow into her ears
I like the name Pipit!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yay photos ! she is a little cutie-pie
her markings and colours are just wonderful
Singa looks like shes can be a little imp at times

ps..............umm.......pleezee...when you get 2 mins...........more photos
we just love phots here

x-ta-z

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Singa looks like shes can be a little imp at times
She is actually the best cat in the world.
before I got her I was totally scared of cats due to their impulsive behavior, but with her I learnt that I can totally trust them.. at least her

And now I'm crazy about cats and I wish I could save all the little stray kittens in Singapore AND Malaysia...

I'm going to Pipit's room now and take new pics..
or Blachan???
hehehe.. still have to decide on the most suitable name... just now she pooped a really smelly one... maybe Blachan IS better

x-ta-z

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
More pic's of her

...and, so she won't get jealous, one of Singa and her sister, who came over for a visit

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know... I like the name Tikus....

Both your kitties are absolutely gorgeous!! Little Tikus' (
) face is adorable!!! Does she have a tail?

I was in Singapore at the end of 2005 and noticed all the stray kitties had little stumpy tails, hardly any of them had a full tail. And there was a particular stray who lived just outside our hotel who was just gorgeous. He was so sweet and snuggly. I wish I could have been able to take him with me...

Can't wait for more pics and stories of your kitties!

x-ta-z

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Does she have a tail?

I was in Singapore at the end of 2005 and noticed all the stray kitties had little stumpy tails, hardly any of them had a full tail.
She has a tail. It's grey tigered at the top and turns blackish at the end, but it is fairly short I think. But as said, we think her mom was someone's cat before she was dumped.
Singa and her 2 siblings are also stray and have tails

There are a lot of cats with this 'tail disorder', but many have beautiful tails. There is one called I-pod which has a beautiful tail. Also up for adoption, but a bit too old to be put with Singa...

But if someone here is from Singapore and want this beauty, then better act quick.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by x-ta-Z

She has a tail. It's grey tigered at the top and turns blackish at the end, but it is fairly short I think. But as said, we think her mom was someone's cat before she was dumped.
Singa and her 2 siblings are also stray and have tails
Haha fair enough

This is the sweet boy we saw

The strays we saw in Singapore were always beautiful, healthy looking cats. They looked much better than some of the other strays I've seen around!

x-ta-z

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

The strays we saw in Singapore were always beautiful, healthy looking cats. They looked much better than some of the other strays I've seen around!
What a beautiful cat

Stray's here are actually called 'Community cats' and usually have a one or more people who care for them. There is a great initiative for them to be sterilized as well. I am now aiming at catching Singa's mom and doing so. It's subsidized.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by x-ta-Z

What a beautiful cat

Stray's here are actually called 'Community cats' and usually have a one or more people who care for them. There is a great initiative for them to be sterilized as well. I am now aiming at catching Singa's mom and doing so. It's subsidized.
That's fantastic!! A lady did come by every morning and leave food and water out for this cat, and she was carrying supplies for many more cats, so we knew they were been taken care of.

Good luck catching Singa's mum!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pipit would be a wonderful name for this little angel! She looks like she's full of the devil!

Singa is a lovely girl...she'll accept the baby in no time, I'm sure.

firebirdmagic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's not a cat, it's a 747 just landed in Singapore...I swear that little one just needs to flap an ear er two, and it will be airborne !!!! Mike, Medford, Ore...