Got my new MacBook!

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Getting used to the fingerpad and the other differences. Now I can have the landline disconnected since I used it only for dialup. That will save $50 a month.

All Mac tips welcome!

danny.vbt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awesome - I just purchased a Mac book a few weeks ago.

Are you coming from a Windows environment?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Danny.VBT

Awesome - I just purchased a Mac book a few weeks ago.

Are you coming from a Windows environment?
Yes, I am. This is my first Mac. Can't believe I didn't do it sooner. Are you liking yours?

danny.vbt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I love mine. I also came from Windows, it took about a week for me to get used to the changes in the OS, but now it is great. I love the built in Isight camera too.

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Danny.VBT

Yes, I love mine. I also came from Windows, it took about a week for me to get used to the changes in the OS, but now it is great. I love the built in Isight camera too.
I will for sure be playing with that. My kittys will miss sitting on the monitor but I will put a shelf up right behind the Mac and that should make them happy.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Macs are the absolute best. My dad brought one home in the 80's to learn as his office was starting to use them. I kept that test computer all through University and wrote all my essays on it. I love Mac. It would be sacreligious for me to use anything else (even though his office switched to IBM in the 90s.).
I went without a computer for many years, until I could afford a MAC. They are simply the best and reign above all other wanna-bees.
You made a great choice!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What else can I say? Macs are amazing, and the Intel ones are super-amazing. Mine boots up in 12 seconds, and all web pages come up instantly. I think I had to wait 3 seconds once for a page that had about 160 photos on it.

Here's the best Mac site, for any help you need, I'm not affiliated with it, just a happy member.

http://www.mac-help.com/forums/index.php

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

What else can I say? Macs are amazing, and the Intel ones are super-amazing. Mine boots up in 12 seconds, and all web pages come up instantly. I think I had to wait 3 seconds once for a page that had about 160 photos on it.

Here's the best Mac site, for any help you need, I'm not affiliated with it, just a happy member.

http://www.mac-help.com/forums/index.php

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
Thanks! Got it bookmarked.

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After spending eight hours one day trying to get rid of a trojan virus on my Windows PC, I turned it off and drove to the Apple Store. That was two years ago and I've never looked back. The freedom of a wireless laptop can't be beat. I love Apple computers, my son always has and now I'm a convert. I can't wait for an iPhone or whatever they end up calling it.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got a PowerBook G4 for home which is a few years old now, and just got a MacBook Pro as a work laptop, and LOVE IT!!!!

I love my Macs, and know them pretty well now, so PM me if you have any questions or need any tips!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been a Mac-head since I started college and I will absolutely never go back. I have a now-defunct G4 Powerbook and I'm still running the now-defunct OSX Panther and I STILL have yet to get a single virus or have a single problem running/opening/doing ANYTHING!

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I've got a PowerBook G4 for home which is a few years old now, and just got a MacBook Pro as a work laptop, and LOVE IT!!!!

I love my Macs, and know them pretty well now, so PM me if you have any questions or need any tips!
Thanks, sarahp. I appreciate the offer!