The confessional....

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if this will take off....The other day at work, it got brought up somehow that earring holes smell bad....lol....don't ask me why that came up, I'm not sure. But each of us said to the other "I thought I was the only one with that problem! I thought I was weird!!!" Or like last year when I was asking about deodorant and I got a lot of responses so it made me feel better...

Today I was putting in my earrings and it made me think about it. I wonder, is there something you wonder if others have that problem? Confess it! Maybe some others on here will have the same problem and we can all make each other feel better!!!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

I wonder if this will take off....The other day at work, it got brought up somehow that earring holes smell bad....lol....don't ask me why that came up, I'm not sure. But each of us said to the other "I thought I was the only one with that problem! I thought I was weird!!!" Or like last year when I was asking about deodorant and I got a lot of responses so it made me feel better...

Today I was putting in my earrings and it made me think about it. I wonder, is there something you wonder if others have that problem? Confess it! Maybe some others on here will have the same problem and we can all make each other feel better!!!
My earring holes smell bad if I don't wear earrings for a while, but I try and keep my holes clean with peroxide.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ahem....sometimes I catch an odor from my belly-button...this can happen immediately following a shower....ahem

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had my ears pierced when I was about 9yrs. I never had any trouble and to this day the holes are like a normal part of my skin. Strangely, when i was about 13 i had a second pierce done. From day 1 until about 10 yrs later, this hole always smelled like infection no matter what quality metal I put in it. I stopped putting earrings in it then (about 10yrs ago) and I still have the hole. I wish it would heal over, but have given up hope. It no longer is infected or smells that way, but I hate the fact that it is there. There is also a lump of scar tissue under the extra pierce, but not under my regular piercings.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
this could get scary and a bit too personal lol

i love wearing thongs (flip-flops in america?) but if i am spending the whole day walking around i get a little band of dirt stuck to my foot along the bandline of the thong...and because my skin is as white as a ghost you can see the dirt when i sit down and the shoes move...

i wonder if that happenes to other people or if those people think i'm a dirty or unkempt person? lol

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, never had them until a couple of years ago.

Gosh, you young'uns have soooo much to look forward to as you age!

Hilda >^..^<

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Ew! I'm glad my tonsils were removed!!!
Lucky you!

I've heard people have them removed just because of these nasty lil' things. Problem is that at my age, having a tonsilectomy can be very dangerous...fatal even.

Hilda >^..^<

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Lucky you!

I've heard people have them removed just because of these nasty lil' things. Problem is that at my age, having a tonsilectomy can be very dangerous...fatal even.

Hilda >^..^<
I had them removed when I was 12. They swelled up during one of my flus and never went back down. I guess I would snore horribly and really had a hard time breathing at night.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have two days left of penicillin then all my tonsillitis should be cleared up. Ive said that if i get it a third time (third in my life not third this year) that i will ask the doc if i can get referred to the hospital to get them taken out. I really can't bear another bout of it, the pain is too much.

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Weird thread but making me giggle. I've never been aware of my pierced ears smelling bad but have heard others mention it happens if no earrings worn for a while. I do get irritation with some earrings and to clear it up, I switch back to gold and dip the stem in medication before inserting, something like Hyper-Cal or Neosporin. You gotta get in the hole to fix it!