TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Your favourite cars (affordable!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your favourite cars (affordable!) - Page 2

post #31 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampWitch View Post
Toyotas are fantastic cars. Did you know that the people who build them also have the say on how they are built, and they help design improvements and troublshoot problems? It makes a lot of sense, and the company is doing extremely well.

We've had a Toyota for over four years now, and have not had one single problem with it. They are well-designed and trouble-free cars. Ours still looks like new, inside and out.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
Yup Toyotas rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Locani View Post
I love that! I like the PT Cruiser and may have bought one if I had not been put into a Liberty rental after my wreck. The Liberty handled so well with a broken arm, I went ahead and got one. I always want cargo space.
PT Cruisers are the ugliest things on the road IMO No offence to anyone who has one or likes them though My own car is pretty ugly too
post #32 of 45
I currently have a dodge stratus coupe manufactured by mitsubishi and I would totally buy another one but I believe the last model year they made them was either 2003 or 2004. I'm currently looking at the upcoming 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe. Its the first model year for the car but I guess all the major components of it have been used in other types of models so its not a huge risk.. htough I'll prob wait til 2009 or 2010 just to make sure. Man that sounds so futuristic, 2010!! Dang I'm getting old..
post #33 of 45
Well this is mine - Vauxhall Vectra (Opel Saturn/Aura in the US - I think!!)

Huge enough to carry the kids and all their junk, fuel economical, a good turn of speed - and pretty enough to show off as well!!

post #34 of 45
I love my Honda Civic.
post #35 of 45
My husband has an 05 Hyundai Elantra hatchback. It's a practical little car. I like it. It was much more affordable than the other hatchbacks he looked at.
post #36 of 45
Okay I am going to plug an American built car. I don't have anything against imports, drove a 1978 Toyota Corolla Station-wagon from 1982 to 2000, over 3 million miles. Rebuilt the engine once and put bearings in the transmission, everything else is still original. But my new car is a 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 (2door hatchback) and I love it. It is heavy enough to corner well and rides smooth. Roomy enough to fit me at 5 feet tall and DH at 6 feet tall. With the rear seat down there is lots of cargo room (enough for 2 50 lb shepherds). We bought it brand new for $13,000 and it has been in the shop once when mice chewed on the wiring while we had it parked in the barn. It gets 30 - 35 mpg and has lots of power (first week on the open freeway found myself doing 110 mph with power to spare). It has the standard transmission and shifts really smooth.
post #37 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godiva View Post
My husband has an 05 Hyundai Elantra hatchback. It's a practical little car. I like it. It was much more affordable than the other hatchbacks he looked at.
It was much more affordable for a reason
post #38 of 45
We have 3 VW Diesel cars - 2 Passats and a Jetta. I travel 100 KM round trip each day to work and I fill my car with fuel approximately twice per month. I drive the Jetta and I absolutely love it.
post #39 of 45
I've seen a lot of these cars on the road here in Los Angeles, and they're not half bad to look at. I would want the larger coupe if it were for me, but you said hatchback.

I've heard good things about these from people, the least of which is their affordability. I would do more research though.

Scion
post #40 of 45
No laughing.

I like to be able to haul a piece of furniture if the mood strikes. I also occasionally need to haul multiple animals to the vet. I bought a Scion XB about a year and a half ago, and I love the thing.

Good points.

You can comfortably seat 5 people.
With the rear seat down you can haul a ton of stuff.
They are very reasonably priced and come with lots of standard equipment.
Good gas mileage. I'd say about 33 the way I drive.
The are uhm,....unique looking.
Looks to hold a good resale value.
No dickering...the price is the price.

I put some nice rims and a black bug shield on mine,(its silver) and I actually like the way it looks. Before that I had a Honda Civic, Celica GT and Honda CRX. I liked them all, but as far as being functional, the XB has them beat hands down.

A couple things I forgot to mention...

If ease of getting in or out of a car is important to you, you'll really like an XB. We also have a Toyota Tundra and sometimes it's a pain to climb up into. And you can haul a fairly good sized dog around. I just use a cargo mat with the rear seats down. My dog is probably about 70-75 pounds. (golden retriever mix)
post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily_325 View Post
I've seen a lot of these cars on the road here in Los Angeles, and they're not half bad to look at. I would want the larger coupe if it were for me, but you said hatchback.

I've heard good things about these from people, the least of which is their affordability. I would do more research though.

Scion
I love love love the Scion Such a weird little thing. I adore it.
post #42 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
I love love love the Scion Such a weird little thing. I adore it.
Who makes the Scion?
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal View Post
Who makes the Scion?
Toyota, but Scion is its own company off of Toyota...I beleive.
post #44 of 45
My favorite car is the one I've driven for 30 years. Okay, it won't be 30 years until March 26, but close enough. I have a 1967 Mustang, turquoise blue, with 124K miles on it. I haven't had her out of the garage in a week because of the snow & ice (she's horrible in snow) but she's the car I drive everywhere--not a show car. I had the engine rebuilt at 80K miles, and have had a lot of body work over the years, but she still has a lot of original parts, including the interior. (yeah, I could use new seats, but I just buy new covers every so often) I suppose someday I'll have to replace her---there are times I can barely get in & out of her 'cause of back problems---but she's like a member of the family, and I love her to death (even tho' the radio is persnickity and there's no a.c.).
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by libby74 View Post
My favorite car is the one I've driven for 30 years. Okay, it won't be 30 years until March 26, but close enough. I have a 1967 Mustang, turquoise blue, with 124K miles on it. I haven't had her out of the garage in a week because of the snow & ice (she's horrible in snow) but she's the car I drive everywhere--not a show car. I had the engine rebuilt at 80K miles, and have had a lot of body work over the years, but she still has a lot of original parts, including the interior. (yeah, I could use new seats, but I just buy new covers every so often) I suppose someday I'll have to replace her---there are times I can barely get in & out of her 'cause of back problems---but she's like a member of the family, and I love her to death (even tho' the radio is persnickity and there's no a.c.).
That's awesome that you've been able to keep a car that long and the low milage! Wow!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Your favourite cars (affordable!)