OMG Holy Smoke

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH just called The prices there are OUTTA A LINE there. Of course BEER was a priority $30.00 for 24 cans of beer
It's like $12.00 here $24 for a Hamburger at TGIF
That $50 per day Per Diem witch is actually $25.00 is not going to work.
I think He may really like what I cook from now on

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I reckon I would just hafta go on a liquid diet, or get my friends to send me food and beer and stuff.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Heck they may have to choose one or the other at that rate
You need to send him some stuff half pint

Like a care package or something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well you can't send allot of things there and I sent 2 packages at Christmas for one of the gals here on the cat site for the Secret Santa thing and I sent them on Oct 30th and she got one package on Dec 12th and never got the other one and it's quit expensive to send them not to have them get the stuff, he'd be home before it got there

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats because the value of the dollar to the pound/euro is so crummy-maybe he can explain and get an increase in his per diem??

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it's half there $100 here is $50 there how the hell do they live there they must make allot of money over there

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I know it's half there $100 here is $50 there how the hell do they live there they must make allot of money over there
We must get paid more here because i manage no problem. What other places is there to eat there for him Lois, because if he does a bit shopping around he'll find some places cheaper.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well you can't send allot of things there and I sent 2 packages at Christmas for one of the gals here on the cat site for the Secret Santa thing and I sent them on Oct 30th and she got one package on Dec 12th and never got the other one and it's quit expensive to send them not to have them get the stuff, he'd be home before it got there
Well I think I woulda took less clothes,and took some food and some "girlie beers".

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

We must get paid more here because i manage no problem. What other places is there to eat there for him Lois, because if he does a bit shopping around he'll find some places cheaper.
Well Susan I think they are going to go out tomorrow and look around they were pretty beat yesterday when they go in so I guess they should be asking some questions to, I know they found some store I don't remember the name for sure I thought he said Taxos or something like that. And anyways gads there grown men
I should worry that they can't find anything but milk, bread. peanut butter and Jelly, coffee, and Beer Right. Allot of them that went are 30ish and still kinda shall I say goofy
I think they would rather go drink, But I do think really the Per Diem should have been more honestly. They spent allot of money for 18 people to get there rented 10 Apts and leased 4 cars, and my option $25 a day is really not much money at all Plus phone calls
I told him do not call here everyday I Love Ya but do not call everyday
Now $50 would be more like it

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That'll be Tescos which is one of our big supermarkets and he'll get everything he needs there

http://www.tesco.com/
Ah heck i was going to look on the site and it won't let me, maybe because I don't live there anywhere...Thought maybe I could help him out

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's odd?, it should still open up for you
Well Tesco is a massive supermarket that sells everything from food, clothes, electricals and newpapers and magazines, but if he needs anything let me know.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi
Have you still got my address? if so use my post code.
The minimum wage in the UK is £5.05 an hour
Average house prices Essex

NAME AV PRICE (£)
Brentwood £325,952
Epping Forest £322,777
Uttlesford £301,393
Chelmsford £236,384
Maldon £235,312
Rochford £229,798
Braintree £213,462

My kids couldn't afford to buy in our town.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's odd?, it should still open up for you
Well Tesco is a massive supermarket that sells everything from food, clothes, electricals and newpapers and magazines, but if he needs anything let me know.
It is a good thing that you are there, in case he needs something.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I think the shock comes from converting from US Dollars to Euros. When I went to Ireland a couple of years ago, I had to question the per diem of $50 because after the conversion at the time, I would only have $25 per diem. Fortunately, they said I could use a 50 Euro per diem.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And now I am looking for another calling plan from here to there
Man I don't know there's so much stuff it's confusing to say the least ..
Thanks Anne I'll have to look and tell him what to buy I guess

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I think the shock comes from converting from US Dollars to Euros. When I went to Ireland a couple of years ago, I had to question the per diem of $50 because after the conversion at the time, I would only have $25 per diem. Fortunately, they said I could use a 50 Euro per diem.
I am confused about it and I am not even there