Taxes question...

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man I am full of questions today!

Okay, I want to do my taxes and I was going to buy Turbo Tax (usually I use my dad's but he's away) but I cannot find my return from last year. If I remember correctly, whenever I did my taxes via Turbo Tax they make you enter something from the previous year's return to verify your identity or something.

Is this still the case? Does that mean I need to go the paper route of filing then?

I'm so frustrated that my stuff is missing. I had a folder, everything was organized, and I had it also saved on a flash drive and both are gone.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Okay, I want to do my taxes and I was going to buy Turbo Tax (usually I use my dad's but he's away) but I cannot find my return from last year. If I remember correctly, whenever I did my taxes via Turbo Tax they make you enter something from the previous year's return to verify your identity or something.

Is this still the case? Does that mean I need to go the paper route of filing then?

I'm so frustrated that my stuff is missing. I had a folder, everything was organized, and I had it also saved on a flash drive and both are gone.
I wish I could help you, but I know diddly about taxes. We have an accountant that does ours.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

You'll have to paper file if you can't fine that information, but it isn't as bad as you think it is. Just put your routing and checking account informaton on the tax form and you'll get your return in about 10 days. DH and I filed taxes as soon as we got our W2 and we have already recieved and spent our refund.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

You'll have to paper file if you can't fine that information, but it isn't as bad as you think it is. Just put your routing and checking account informaton on the tax form and you'll get your return in about 10 days. DH and I filed taxes as soon as we got our W2 and we have already recieved and spent our refund.
I hadn't even got all our stuff ready yet, I gotta do that this week.

I hate this time of year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Okie, that sounds good then.
I'll get right on that!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the 2nd yr we are using turbo tax but I haven't loaded into the computer yet. I know if you got a refund last year you should have gotten a statement from state or the feds with that amount-you will need this document for this years taxes.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We filed using Turbo Tax last Friday and I got my state refund yesterday
Can't wait to get my Federal.. It will be over $1000. Hopefully by the end of this next week!

markvg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have used an online thing for my taxes the last few years. It is TaxACT. The first year was hard putting all the info in, but after that, it was rather easy. They did charge about 15 bucks to file electronically but it has worked out just fine for me, but my taxes are easy.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should be able to call your IRS peeps, and get any info from them that you need. Thats what I had to do to get my RRSP deduction limit.

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
cannot wait to get my taxes done, then I do not have to worry about it anymore. Need all the documents still, but there is still time for them to come (insert a couple of weeks more here). But mine are easy, but still get an accountant to do them. and I get a refund in about a week to 10 days.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use Turbo Tax on the Web and they automatically transfer everything from last year's return, onto the the current year's. I just had to edit my address and employer IDs.

I filed Jan 31, got my state refund this past Tuesday and my Fed yesterday