Chev Aveo, anyone have one?

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm in the market for a new car. I'm looking at the Chev Aveo as it is very affordable and was quite "zippy" to drive, compared with other small hatchbacks.
Wondering if anyone has one or has a friend with one?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know anyone that has one nor do I have one..But I would never recommend getting one. There is a reason why they are cheap..you get what you pay for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I don't know anyone that has one nor do I have one..But I would never recommend getting one. There is a reason why they are cheap..you get what you pay for.
I'd be leasing it so would give it up after 4 years. I'd love something better but for many cars it's like $400 month. That's before insurance. This one is under $300.

I just gave up my 15yr old car last week to car heaven. I miss it and how little it cost me.
However, I don't want another old used one.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

I'm in the market for a new car. I'm looking at the Chev Aveo as it is very affordable and was quite "zippy" to drive, compared with other small hatchbacks.
Wondering if anyone has one or has a friend with one?
They are decent cars. We used them many times for our rental vehicles at my old job at the Body Shop, and people loved them. They really aren't much different than lets say, a cavalier- I had one, and after about 90,000 miles, it died

If your looking for a cheap car, good gas mileage, I'd get one, they are pretty decent, I've heard good reviews from them.

No matter what kind of car you get, your gonna have problems with it, no matter how cheap, or expensive.

Just be sure to get an extended warranty on it if your really THAT worried about something breaking.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

They are decent cars. We used them many times for our rental vehicles at my old job at the Body Shop, and people loved them. They really aren't much different than lets say, a cavalier- I had one, and after about 90,000 miles, it died

If your looking for a cheap car, good gas mileage, I'd get one, they are pretty decent, I've heard good reviews from them.

No matter what kind of car you get, your gonna have problems with it, no matter how cheap, or expensive.

Just be sure to get an extended warranty on it if your really THAT worried about something breaking.
That's reassuring. Since it's a lease I wouldn't have to worry about what happens with it after say 80 000kms. Plus I would get a warranty.

You are in the car business, are you not?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's reassuring. Since it's a lease I wouldn't have to worry about what happens with it after say 80 000kms. Plus I would get a warranty.

You are in the car business, are you not?
I have been since I was 14, up until Oct.06 when I got laid off.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You must have good advice then! Sorry about the lay-off.
Its alright, everything happens for a reason!

If your leasing- then I wouldn't have any problems getting one!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my other favourite is the honda Fit. But it comes to about 370$/month. they lie when they say in newspaper $210/month.
I inherited my last old beater and had to pay $0/month, so I'm not used to these crazy prices. Buying a house is cheaper, I swear to god, in the big picture. For approx. 4x the monthly car payment, you can get a mortgage on a decent house PLUS the insurance on a home is 1/3 the cost per year compared to car insurance( approx. $700 versus $2200).

sorry for bad writing, i hve nermal on my lap and computer beside me. hard to write

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have never had one but whenever i get a rental car thats what I get
i like em..nice zippy and they have more room than you would think heh

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

my other favourite is the honda Fit. But it comes to about 370$/month. they lie when they say in newspaper $210/month.
I inherited my last old beater and had to pay $0/month, so I'm not used to these crazy prices. Buying a house is cheaper, I swear to god, in the big picture. For approx. 4x the monthly car payment, you can get a mortgage on a decent house PLUS the insurance on a home is 1/3 the cost per year compared to car insurance( approx. $700 versus $2200).

sorry for bad writing, i hve nermal on my lap and computer beside me. hard to write
Honda Fit would be WAY better for your money..less headaches and if you did decide to keep it, it would actually be worth something after 4 years. Domestic vehicles depreciate ridiculous..I would never buy one. They are built to die right after the warranty is up.

I am a car fiend and I know alot about vehicles if you want to PM me.

http://www.epinions.com/2007_Chevrolet_Aveo

http://www.epinions.com/2007_Honda_Fit

Check out those reviews..Honda Fit has better reviews.

No matter what car you buy, I highly suggest reading reviews and researching ALOT before you buy.

Good luck.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'd be leasing it so would give it up after 4 years. I'd love something better but for many cars it's like $400 month. That's before insurance. This one is under $300.

I just gave up my 15yr old car last week to car heaven. I miss it and how little it cost me.
However, I don't want another old used one.
We pay almost twice that for my husbands truck.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

We pay almost twice that for my husbands truck.
Doesn't it just disgust you!
Did you read what I said above about the house costs? I might as well buy a mini condo and rent it out. This would be cheaper than a car

The insurance costs are what REALLY get me mad. The yearly insurance money I put into my house, my body(disability) and my cats adds up to the same I will have to dish out in insurance (and I have a clean driving record) for a new car.!

My old beater car was minimal insurance, as it was so old. Plus I took the collision off in it's final years. So, I'm not used to these new insurance quotes!
!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Doesn't it just disgust you!
Did you read what I said above about the house costs? I might as well buy a mini condo and rent it out. This would be cheaper than a car

The insurance costs are what REALLY get me mad. The yearly insurance money I put into my house, my body(disability) and my cats adds up to the same I will have to dish out in insurance (and I have a clean driving record) for a new car.!

My old beater car was minimal insurance, as it was so old. Plus I took the collision off in it's final years. So, I'm not used to these new insurance quotes!
!!
Hey, don't knock insurance...Insurance is a business too, they need to make money just like you and me

I hate paying it too, but since I sell it I understand it a little more than the average angry citizen

Here's hoping your new rates aren't that high

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Hey, don't knock insurance...Insurance is a business too, they need to make money just like you and me

I hate paying it too, but since I sell it I understand it a little more than the average angry citizen

Here's hoping your new rates aren't that high
Sorry about that,

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any Japanese car if you're keeping it and want something that doesn't depreciate much.
For longevity my picks are Toyota, Honda and Subraru (in no particular order).

The only domestics that hold any kind of resale value are pickups, and only then if you take care of them by the book.

I have heard good things about Kia, but I have no first hand experience with them.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Any Japanese car if you're keeping it and want something that doesn't depreciate much.
For longevity my picks are Toyota, Honda and Subraru (in no particular order).

The only domestics that hold any kind of resale value are pickups, and only then if you take care of them by the book.

I have heard good things about Kia, but I have no first hand experience with them.
I agree completely..(except for the KIA stuff, they are Korean, that is very different from Japanese
) But the Subarus are amazing, they hold their value like nothing else.I hope to have one someday..You are alright Arlyn

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i went to a KIA dealer and it felt like a bargain basement. The salesmen kept trying to sell me on the defroster wires on the back window. Haven't all cars had this for like forever?
I vowed to return to a different dealer, before I commited to the test drive and quote, etc.
A shopowner in a shop near me loves her KIA. I may check it out.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i went to a KIA dealer and it felt like a bargain basement. The salesmen kept trying to sell me on the defroster wires on the back window. Haven't all cars had this for like forever?
I vowed to return to a different dealer, before I commited to the test drive and quote, etc.
A shopowner in a shop near me loves her KIA. I may check it out.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! don't...do...it...

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm starting a car thread as it seems like a good idea for my car shopping.