Question/cats leg

fonzi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last night when we got home noticed my one cat was kinda limping... putting more weight towards her right side..She has feeling on her pads, but can her leg be sprained, broken? If it was broken would she cry in pain or something?

I'm hoping it is a false alarm like with my other one , before he was 7 months I took him twice to the emergency vet and turned out to be nothing ...
I am one who runs to the vet for every little thing

I'm so worried of course and thinking of calling the vet today..

anyone have anything similar happen? am I over reacting again?

THANKS!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fonzi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Very true, since I don't care about how much.. I'm just going to take her today.. I'm NOT waiting..

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are wonderful and so caring. That is great you are getting her in. I wish more people were like you!

firebirdmagic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This morning I woke up and can hardly walk. Slept wrong on my back, or hips er something. Give it a day, see what happens, I had similar incident with whiskey, but, he was fine the next day, and didn't display any pain whatsoever. Mike Medford or

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a little test........... slowly run both hands down her leg from her side and under belly to her paw on both sides seperately, see if there is a noticeable discomfort compared to the other. Doubt there is a break or sprain, but you never know, this is one way to distinguish what you are seeing more clearly. It could be an irritated claw, cuticle, cats are very limber. Keep an eye on, but no need to rush to vet immediately................

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I don't think there is any such thing as overreacting when it comes to our babies health, I think she needs an x-ray. Please let us know what happens.
I know what you are thinking.......just don't want to think that way.

fonzi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

You are wonderful and so caring. That is great you are getting her in. I wish more people were like you!
Thanks
... when they see me come in with my youngest one they say "oh, heres the million dollar kitty'..

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am also the worry wart. Same thing happened to my Bob the other night and my husband stopped me from calling the emergency vet. By the morning he was fine and we saved about $700.

You never want to take anything lightly, and you need to assess if the cat is in pain, if there is any bleeding, any bones protruding, check gums for paleness (sign of shock) and the pupils for dialation. If it just a slight limp with no other signs, I would wait to see if he just landed on it funny. I know, easier said than done.

fonzi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I am also the worry wart. Same thing happened to my Bob the other night and my husband stopped me from calling the emergency vet. By the morning he was fine and we saved about $700.

You never want to take anything lightly, and you need to assess if the cat is in pain, if there is any bleeding, any bones protruding, check gums for paleness (sign of shock) and the pupils for dialation. If it just a slight limp with no other signs, I would wait to see if he just landed on it funny. I know, easier said than done.
eyes and everything esle is fine.. drinking water ate some and use the litter box.. She was walking around earlier downstairs and is sleeping right now... She is jumping to one of the cat trees to sleep at the top... You wouldn't know that anything was wrong except the walking to the right more..

hmmm..

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fonzi

eyes and everything esle is fine.. drinking water ate some and use the litter box.. She was walking around earlier downstairs and is sleeping right now... She is jumping to one of the cat trees to sleep at the top... You wouldn't know that anything was wrong except the walking to the right more..

hmmm..
If she is able to jump into a cat tree and she doing other things normally, I would just keep a close eye on her. If she were in pain she would be crawling under something to hide from you. Call your vet on Monday if you are still worried then.