Anyone else ever had this??? A cat LOVING her carrying case

fr gregg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dulcinea occasionally gets 'timed out' for inappropriate behavior...by speading a few minutes in her carrying case (it's quite large). Lately, if she does something we don't like...we open the door of the carrying case and she goes in by herself and lays down and takes a short nap. If I try and remove the case, she stands on her hindlegs and jumps in UP into it and burrrs loudly...to remind us that its HER carrying case and that she wants it left IN the livingroom. She even often sleeps in it!---which is a little strange since she always hated seeing it being put out...because she knew that this meant that she was going to see Dr. Ralph, her vet. Now all of a sudden, she is loving this case and reminds us that its HERS.

Fr. Gregg

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fr gregg

Dulcinea occasionally gets 'timed out' for inappropriate behavior...by speading a few minutes in her carrying case (it's quite large). Lately, if she does something we don't like...we open the door of the carrying case and she goes in by herself and lays down and takes a short nap. If I try and remove the case, she stands on her hindlegs and jumps in UP into it and burrrs loudly...to remind us that its HER carrying case and that she wants it left IN the livingroom. She even often sleeps in it!---which is a little strange since she always hated seeing it being put out...because she knew that this meant that she was going to see Dr. Ralph, her vet. Now all of a sudden, she is loving this case and reminds us that its HERS.

Fr. Gregg
When we had Alley shipped out to us from L.A., she was stuffed in the carrier for over eight hours by the time all was said and done throwing in a late plane. We had a safe room set up for her and the big moment arrived, the opening of the carrier. It took her quite a while to venture out but then she went through the expected survey of her surroundings. We sat down in her safe room on a couch with small TV just to keep her company and decided to totally leave her alone the first night but to be there with her. You can imagine our surprise when a commercial came on and I got up and announced WHERE'S THE CAT? only find Alley right back in the carrier taking a snooze!!

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, yes. My Zoey has not only loves her crate, but her dog's crate.
I have two Old English Sheepdogs and a Golden Retriever. We keep a crate set up for them all of the time - the largest plastic one made. They often go in there to rest, away from the noise of the house.
As a kitten, we often found her in the dog crate. My huge dogs (82, 88, and 105 pounds) were and are terrified of our Zoey (currently at 9 lbs), so they avoided the crate. We put her crate on top of theirs, a sort of penthouse. She even has soft blankets on her "patio."
Now everyone is happy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fr gregg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I kind'a thought that it wasn't THAT unusual...but glad to know that other cats enjoy their carriers too. She jumps into it MIDair if we try to remove it from the livingroom...and that was my first indication that she was definitely claiming it as part of HER furniture.

Thanks again!

Fr. Gregg

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Davidson sleeps in their carrier every night, I guess he feels safe in there, or something?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have carriers out all the time and my cats constantly go into them to sleep or just sit there. Cages too.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

I have carriers out all the time and my cats constantly go into them to sleep or just sit there.
I've even found all 7 cats curled up in the dogs extra-large crate

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Davidson sleeps in their carrier every night, I guess he feels safe in there, or something?
Probably knows it's safer there while Harley and Claire are roaring through on the motorbike!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

I have carriers out all the time and my cats constantly go into them to sleep or just sit there.
same here, I have one in the corner of our bedroom, one in the living room and the other two in 'their' room (litterboxes and their cat tree etc)

They all randomly go and sleep or play in the carriers

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my cats love the carriers..when they first come to my house they are fixed that week and recover in a 3 foot dog cage-witha smaller carrier inside..so tahts thier safe place to relax and they know food and treats come when they are in them

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine loves hers too.
When I first brought her home from the breeders, when it was time for us to leave, the breeder got down a cat crate and my kitty ran right inside as if she knew it was time to go home.
I took her out in the car (I wasn't driving) and she slept on my lap the whole way home. After that I kept her crate open and she loves to go inside of it. Vet trips and any other car trips are a breeze, she doesn't mind being in there one bit.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
see currently we have to get a new one, bella kind of broke ours
well the handle broke off, but its still useable and well when i had stormie go to get fixed bella kept sitting on the top of it
so i think it broke more, but anytime i bring the carrier in its a race of who gets to go in it first, after stormie got fixed it was in my room and if there was a kittie missing thats where they were so mine love it I just dont leave it out that much but getting them in it is NO PROBLEM AT ALL
they LOVE the carrier, except when they are locked up in it