My aching head!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why wont my head stop hurting? It started Wed night and hasnt quit since! I have taken Tylenol, and Excedrin and nothing seems to help.

Aghh..........

Take the pain away! Make it stop.....

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try some Alleve, I find it works best.

I do not use Alleve though, I use the wal-mart brand, it is much cheaper.

It is called Naproxen sodium.

I hope it helps and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have the flu? Are you subject to migraines?

If not, you need to call your doctor or PCP and let them know what is happening. I do NOT want to scare you but you could have a clot or a nerve spasm that needs to be looked at.

Please call your doctor and let us know how you are doing?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to the ER or a doctor. You need to break the headache cycle and OTC can cause rebound headaches making it worse.

Hope you're ok and get to feeling better, headaches are just awful

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The weather has been changing a lot over the last few days in our part of the world. Do you have problems with weather changes? Also a lot of flus going around right now and one of them has a headache as a symptom (hubby came home with that one yesterday).

Get yourself a hot compress and put yourself to bed!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

The weather has been changing a lot over the last few days in our part of the world. Do you have problems with weather changes? Also a lot of flus going around right now and one of them has a headache as a symptom (hubby came home with that one yesterday).

Get yourself a hot compress and put yourself to bed!!
Yeah that may be part of it, the weather. I dont think its a flu though, I hope not. I have heard a few other ppl complaining of headaches as well.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Why wont my head stop hurting? It started Wed night and hasnt quit since! I have taken Tylenol, and Excedrin and nothing seems to help.

Aghh..........

Take the pain away! Make it stop.....
Can you pinpoint the "type" of headache? I'm only asking cause I'm a freakin headache expert - I get regular ones, killer 2 day migraines, and horrible sinus ones (thanks to my mom and grandmothers genes.
)
This time of year my sinus ones are the ones that hit me. The air pressure changes kill me! For sinus I actually take naprosyn (or over the counter naproxyn or I think Alleve has naproxyn too). It's the best thing for bringing down swelling in your sinus cavities. It it's a migraine you need to feed it a bit of caffeine - like excedrin. But don't mix the excedrin with naproxyn if you're not sure what it is! Asprin and naproxyn are a NO NO combo.
(Of course you could be like me too and carry around a schmorgass board of drugs - naprosyn, fiorocet, flexeril, soma, etc.

I hope you feel better! I just finally got rid of my 3 day sinus killer.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

Can you pinpoint the "type" of headache? I'm only asking cause I'm a freakin headache expert - I get regular ones, killer 2 day migraines, and horrible sinus ones (thanks to my mom and grandmothers genes.
)
This time of year my sinus ones are the ones that hit me. The air pressure changes kill me! For sinus I actually take naprosyn (or over the counter naproxyn or I think Alleve has naproxyn too). It's the best thing for bringing down swelling in your sinus cavities. It it's a migraine you need to feed it a bit of caffeine - like excedrin. But don't mix the excedrin with naproxyn if you're not sure what it is! Asprin and naproxyn are a NO NO combo.
(Of course you could be like me too and carry around a schmorgass board of drugs - naprosyn, fiorocet, flexeril, soma, etc.

I hope you feel better! I just finally got rid of my 3 day sinus killer.

I am not for sure what type it is. I do get migraines alot, but this doesnt really feel like that. Maybe it is sinus's?! I dunno...........Guess I need to try something else.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried taking some medicine for sinus headaches. Advil, Tylenol etc. does not always work on sinus headaches because they do nothing to get your sinuses to unblock. Perhaps you could try some medicine specifically for sinus headaches. Also I get bad sinus headaches that can last for days sometimes the only thing that helps me is a lot of long hot showers. Stand under the shower so that the water is hitting you directly on the spot where you feel the most pain. Hope this helps and feel better soon.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sinus headaches generally have pressure in the sinus area as well as pain/headache.
Tension can be on one side or both and can be near migraine levels. There's usually a slightly tight feeling to my scalp and my temples will feel a little sore.

Cluster are worse than migraine, intense pain/stabbing pain around the eyes.

There's another I can't remember the name of, but they're short intense stabbing pain that is around the scalp, kinda feels like someone stabbed your head. These only last for a few seconds but that reoccure for hours. I get these with my tension headaches.

Migraines, either your head feels like it's in a vice or like it's splitting into a million pieces.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would only go to the ER if absolutely necessary and if you have never ever had this kind of pain before because if you tell them your head hurts and for how long...the first thing they will do is a spinal tap, and trust me, those are not fun! Just something to think about...

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Is it still hurting?
Yesssssssssssssss...................
I just took more Tylenol but doubt if it will help.

BTW I did take some sinus pills earlier and they didnt help either.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Yesssssssssssssss...................
I just took more Tylenol but doubt if it will help.

BTW I did take some sinus pills earlier and they didnt help either.
I am sorry your head is still hurting, maybe it will ease off in a little bit.

I am sending some prayers and hugs from Mississippi for you.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I am sorry your head is still hurting, maybe it will ease off in a little bit.

I am sending some prayers and hugs from Mississippi for you.

Aww, thanks. Well I wish it would ease up some too........

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you feel better soon, today I can really empathize, I've had a sinus headache so bad since this am that I am now whimpering (good thing there is no sound with email and posts).

Honestly...a headache lasting this many days with no let up and no explanation (i.e. high bp, known sinus infection), requires a call to your doctor (they should have someone on call who can call you back).

Truly...give a call.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please consider a doctor
it is not natural at all to have a headache for this long, and be very careful with the OTCs they can make headaches worse and really mess up your stomach.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
You may want to consider checking out an allergist. I get sinus headaches and migraines also, and have allergies. For me personally the OTC drug that helps most is Advil not Aleve. As for Tylenol, it does absolutely nothing for my headaches. The weather has been goofy where I live too and weather is a big trigger for my headaches. Best of luck, you shouldn't have to suffer.