Good exercises?

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know some good exercises to help tighten up your stomach, thighs, and your behind.

I walk on my treadmill every day, but this doesn't seem to help my stomach, thighs or my behind.

I will like to tighten up those, but just don't know what to do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never tried one of those, I might look into that.

Thanks for the suggestion. I hope I don't fall off of it if I get one.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I have never tried one of those, I might look into that.

Thanks for the suggestion. I hope I don't fall off of it if I get one.
If I told you how many times I fell off of that thing
Just staying on helps with muscle tone.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

If I told you how many times I fell off of that thing
Just staying on helps with muscle tone.
Well that makes me feel better, I wouldn't wanna be the only one who fell off of it.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried yoga? I swear just the breathing exercises help with tummy control!!!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried pilates? It does a very good job of toning, lengthening and stretching your muscles. It also makes you more flexible. It's also low impact so you can't really hurt youself unless you push yourself more than your body is telling you to. There are many dvds ( I like Gaiam)that you can do at home along with classes that are offered either in a pilates studio or even a membership at a gym. I go to the Summit, which is a gym where a lot of college students go along with all other ages. The prices are extremely low compared to any other gym in our area. I get my moneys worth just by the fact that I can take any class, play tennis, rock climb, etc. It's great. Hope this helps...as I ramble on.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the store a little while ago and bought some dvd's, now I just gotta make myself do them.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I went to the store a little while ago and bought some dvd's, now I just gotta make myself do them.
HAHA!! Thats my problem too. I actually ordered some stuff off tv last year(cant think what its called) but anyhoo its been used *maybe* twice.

I say every day I am going to get up to the gym, and I just cant make myself do it!! *grumbles*

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

HAHA!! Thats my problem too. I actually ordered some stuff off tv last year(cant think what its called) but anyhoo its been used *maybe* twice.

I say every day I am going to get up to the gym, and I just cant make myself do it!! *grumbles*
I know, but once you start making yourself do it then it becomes a routine and then it is not so hard.

It is just making yourself do it to start with.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know, but once you start making yourself do it then it becomes a routine and then it is not so hard.

It is just making yourself do it to start with.

Yeah I was SO routine about it before I had my daughter and then afterwards I never really got back into it.(C section though too and couldnt) but........yes I need to get back in there, and SOON!!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I still hadn't done my walking for today yet, still gotta do that.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For thighs and behind, and that general area that women have trouble with. I suggest Walking lunges with weights. They blast your thighs and butt like crazy. I have been doing them for a couple of months, and my quads are rock hard, and my butt get more toned by the day!! I LOVE walking lunges, thwy are a glute godsend

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

For thighs and behind, and that general area that women have trouble with. I suggest Walking lunges with weights. They blast your thighs and butt like crazy. I have been doing them for a couple of months, and my quads are rock hard, and my butt get more toned by the day!! I LOVE walking lunges, thwy are a glute godsend
How do you do them?

Maybe one of those dvd's I bought has something like that on them.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I highly recommend this: Beginning Pilates

Within 4-6 weeks I had a flat stomach and ab muscles. NEVER in my life have I had that. I would have a semi-flat stomach, but it would still jiggle like jell-o, no matter how many situps or crunchs I did.

Oh and you will have the thighs of a dancer afterwards.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Sits ups (stomach), lunges and squats for everything

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Jogging outdoors can work wonders but if that's not your thing then I would recommend jumping rope. Start out for 5 min., work your way up to 15 by the end of the week, and so on.