Litter Tracking

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else find that putting something in front of the litter box to stop the litter from tracking is absolutely useless?!!!!
I do! I bought a carpeted floor mat and cut it in half to put in front of 2 litter boxes. I really don't find it does the job. The 20 or so steps that it takes the kitties to go from the litter box to exit the laundry room has litter dropping from their paws with each step. I recently used 400 of my Paw Points to get the "Purrfect Litter Mat". It says it is supposed to effectively trap litter. We'll see how that works when it comes in.

fr gregg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've found that Dulcinea tracks less litter with the Arm & Hammer Super Scoop...maybe it's just that I can't see it?---but that's cool too...because then I don't notice it until Saturdays when we clean. When we used other litters, we found that she didn't like them as much (especially scented ones) and they could be seen more easily with their tiny 'white balls and flakes.' The Arm & Hammer stuff is wonderful
---and I can't be as concerned...because I can't see it.
Getting older has its advantages I guess?! Hehehe

Fr. Gregg

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

Does anyone else find that putting something in front of the litter box to stop the litter from tracking is absolutely useless?!!!!
I do! I bought a carpeted floor mat and cut it in half to put in front of 2 litter boxes. I really don't find it does the job. The 20 or so steps that it takes the kitties to go from the litter box to exit the laundry room has litter dropping from their paws with each step. I recently used 400 of my Paw Points to get the "Purrfect Litter Mat". It says it is supposed to effectively trap litter. We'll see how that works when it comes in.
When I originally placed the scratching post by the litter box exit it never occured to me the added benefit I was going to get by having the litter removed from Kitty's paws since he likes having a good old scratch after having a good old... Here he is, exiting his litter box and taking care of his paws afterwards like the good little boy he is!