Do you answer?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever a number comes across my cell phone that I don't know- I never answer, and let it go straight to my voicemail. Even if its a local number from town. What I hate- is when people keep calling... and calling... and calling... and I don't answer- and don't leave a message! ARG!!
Leave a message! Thats what voicemail is for!

I've gotten too many 'wrong numbers' before, and I'm not gonna waste my cell phone minutes on a person who keeps calling the wrong number, especially when they get to the voicemail and hear my name!
I had this one lady call my phone about 5 times in a row- so I finally answered and it wasn't for me, or John! She let it go to my voicemail, heard my name, but kept calling for someone else! Some people!!

I know I'm not the only one out there that takes full advantage of Caller ID!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, never do. Even on the house phone sometimes.. I don't like talking on the phone.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If i'm expecting a phone call (like reguarding a medical or interview type situation) i will answer it. If not though- i let it go to voicemail then check to see if they left a message.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

If i'm expecting a phone call (like reguarding a medical or interview type situation) i will answer it. If not though- i let it go to voicemail then check to see if they left a message.
I've been doing that lately too, but sometimes the numbers come up Unlisted, or the other day I got a phone call (that was actually an interviewer) the number was like a 000-0000 number (with area code in front) but seriously, I wasn't going to answer an odd number like that!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where my mom works is an "unlisted number", so I answer those types of calls. My phone number gets given out to lotsa people, so I answer it even if I don't know who it is!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We haven't bothered to have caller ID or voicemail on our cellphones, because we don't talk up a storm on them and only a few people have those numbers. But on our landline, our outgoing message specifically tells the caller that if we don't recognize the number, we will probably not answer, however if they will leave a message, they might get a quick callback. We do check to see if a message has been left when we decide not to answer.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always answer. On our home phone, it's also the business phone & I get payed to answer it, so I do so. On my cell phone, I sometimes get calls related to the shelter & I don't know the number, so I always answer it anyways!

ETA: started to write before & didn't realize I'd posted it! Sorry....this is my finished thought!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when I had my cell sometimes I would pick it up depending on my mood
and i do however do it with the house phone, and I just hate when people keep calling and calling even if its someone for someone else in the house and i say they are not here they keep calling and calling and calling, I really hate it when I am sleeping too
I LOVE caller id
or even if we are all home and its someone I know and I just dont wanna talk to and they are one of those people that just keep going on and on even when u are asleep then well I have someone else say im doing something

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I answer all the calls I get on my cell...I hate making calls out so I would rather talk now lol. I usually just get calls that my cat food came in(sigh...LOL)

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ETA: If the phone rings any time from 12 am - 10 am someone else has to answer it. I despise answering phones when I'm having my beauty rests and usually telemarketers call in the mornings.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always anwser unless I know who it is and don't want to speak with them.

But if a number I don't know or a private number comes up, I do, because my sister sometimes blocks her number or calls from friends places.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I don't recognize either the number or the name, I don't answer.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, I don't. unless I want to fool with their minds.
just kidding, I don't answer it. whoever invented caller id is a genius!

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
you know what I hate even more than people who just keep calling you without leaving a message if you don't answer? People who keep calling you after you tell them that they have the wrong number, several times a day, for weeks... it was driving me completely up the wall. This person from India or Pakistan or somewhere out between Europe and Asia kept calling me, day after day after day. I'd tell them nicely day after day that they had the wrong number and to quit calling me. Ugh... I finally had to yell at him, tell him that the number he was dialing was incorrect several times repeating the number to him. What blew my mind even more after that was a woman called the next day and I had to yell at her too. I was this close ->| | to terminating my cell phone subscription even if it meant paying some early termination fee.

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have had our phone number blocked from all cold callers which is brilliant, so we don't really get numbers from anyone we don't know

I have been getting missed calls on my mobile from an unknown caller for about 5 weeks - lots of them - finally I answered it, and it turns out some guy has given a random number (which actually turned out to be mine!!!) to a comany who were chasing him for unpaid debt!!! Needless to say I put them staraight and sent them packing - not heard from them since!!

DH NEVER answers the house phone which drives me batty - he never answers with-held numbers on his mobile either, which is a nuisance for me if I call from the office where all our numbers are with-held!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it how my home phoen still doesnt work which means i have to call from my cell phone or Work phone, when i do call from my work phone, noone answers it! And... Some people dont have voice mail! So its quite an annoyance when i call them and its urgent and they refuse to answer the phone

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I love Caller ID! I never answer the phone if I don't know who it is.