I am second guessing this new puppy thing,lol.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How awful is that?? LOL. I think its more headache than its worth!
My dogs are still not overly thrilled with him and neither are the kits. Hes kinda just a 'lil BRAT!!!
My DH was pretty upset when he found out about him. I guess I misunderstood him, last week when we talked about getting him.
The woman I got him from(actually my photographer) doesnt really want him back, at least not yet.........I feel so bad because I wana keep him ,but my other poooches were here first and he is trying to be the *boss*!!

Ughgh...........guess I jumped the gun.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

How awful is that?? LOL. I think its more headache than its worth!
My dogs are still not overly thrilled with him and neither are the kits. Hes kinda just a 'lil BRAT!!!
My DH was pretty upset when he found out about him. I guess I misunderstood him, last week when we talked about getting him.
The woman I got him from(actually my photographer) doesnt really want him back, at least not yet.........I feel so bad because I wana keep him ,but my other poooches were here first and he is trying to be the *boss*!!

Ughgh...........guess I jumped the gun.
He is just a puppy, he will get better

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain! Colin brought home two dogs not too long ago after him and his friend Arlyn got to talking
And guess who is stuck with them right now feeding them and letting them sleep in their lap while the boyfriends at work
We're not sure we're keeping eithor at this point- but we're giving it a trial period. They're sweet dogs. But i was just content to have Fosters. This was definitely NOT my idea though i will say that. For now though they're getting along really well with the kitty and are nice. I've been working with them alot on their basic commands and they're doing well.(they're adult dogs for the record.)

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a puppy will be a puppy
and well ur hubby will eventually get over it, my mom seen to it that my dad got over having 6 cats real quick
even when we brought home the cocoa and jasmine (our labs) my dad wasnt too thrilled then and now he just loves all the animals except for bella at the moment shes being a brat and keeps clawing him and yet she really really likes him
my cats a weirdo what can i say
but hubby will eventually get over it, my dads still here and within the last year we brought 4 cats into the house

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say, if you are second guessing, then maybe its not the best situation for all. You have to consider the effect it has all around if there isn't complete love and support there....

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do know how hard it is to raise a puppy, especially when you're bringing it into a house with other pets who are already established members of the family...I do implore you to give it a chance. Puppies will be puppies, and puppies are a lot of WORK!!! Training is mandatory, and he needs to learn that YOU are the leader of the pack. This will take patience, and lots of time (think many, many months!!!) on your part, but give this little one a shot at having a nice home with you, and being part of a loving family. Trust me, puppies do get better, and with a lot of consistency, a schedule, lots of positive reinforcement, and patience, you'll end up with a dog who knows it's place in your family, and your other animals will most likely accept him in the long run...that will take time too!

Good luck. It's totally natural for you and your husband to second-guess this...raising a puppy is an entirely different thing than raising a kitten. It's harder, it's time-consuming, but all-in-all, extremely rewarding once they mature, and turn into well socialized, well-trained family companions.