simple pork chop recipe needed!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend has got us on this cleanse diet. Tonight we are allowed to split an organic porkchop.
So I'm looking for a simple way to cook a porkchop. It can't be breaded. Basically I can use a bit of olive oil and lemon juice. I'm also allowed to use onion and garlic and chopped tomato.
Any ideas?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I make them, I always put them in the crock pot! You can just fill it with water, and cook them all day, and they will be WONDERFUL! You can put in your spices (onion/garlic) in there too, they will be great!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was going to say we just cook them with chopped onions sprinkled on top!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Or just saute the pork chop with the onion and garlic and chopped tomatos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

When I make them, I always put them in the crock pot! You can just fill it with water, and cook them all day, and they will be WONDERFUL! You can put in your spices (onion/garlic) in there too, they will be great!
That sounds easy! I got my slow-cooker/crock pot about a year ago and I love it. I will definetly try that in the future. I'm always looking for new and exciting ways to use the slow-cooker. I made some great turkey and chicken stock with it this past christmas. Plus a few soups and stews.

Unfortunately, tonight I can't wait for the slow cooker. Must eat soon! All we've had today is organic apples, lemon juice, tea and Kamut grain cereal (Kamut is a very tasty wheat option, I have just learned).

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Should I bake them or fry? If baking what temp. and how long?

I've only cooked chops by breading them with crumbs and egg in the past, then fry.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty sure temperature for pork chops in the oven is 425F.
Or at least thats what I always cook them at

If allowed sprinkle a little black pepper on them too (if you like the taste of pepper that is).

Oh, forgot to add the time. Depends how thick they are. Thin ones 15 minutes, thicker up to 20-25 mins.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do mine a couple different ways. The other night I put worchester(sp) sauce on them with some seasoning and also BBQ sauce, and they turned out YUMMY!! Then also I will bake them with cream of mushroom and sometimes put some potatoes in with them to bake, and thats very good as well.
BTW-I always use the boneless kind, what about you?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Half a pork-chop!?!?!!? i'd die!!!
I thought the same thing!
But I assumed they where having side dishes or had plans for later if they got hungry.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I thought the same thing!
But I assumed they where having side dishes or had plans for later if they got hungry.
It's a butterfly chop so it's not sooo bad. Yes we're having a salad and some pearl barley (boring, but filling) and some acorn squash.

I don't normally eat like this, but we're on this cleanse diet. Supposed to make you feel amazing. It's day 2 for me and just the mention of potatoes and cream of mushroom soup is making my mouth water.
Anything for a coffee!
We can only have herbal tea.

P.S. Pork is the oven baking at 425.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always bake my prok chops on the broiler pan. Set the oven at 375. Cook until they aren't raw in the middle. It's not very scientific, so I can never have kids or they won't know how to cook!

Oh yeah, did I mention I slather on onion about as thick as the pork chop? And then I fry some onions up to eat with my pork chop?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

It's a butterfly chop so it's not sooo bad. Yes we're having a salad and some pearl barley (boring, but filling) and some acorn squash.
Oooo, acorn squash. I haven't had any in a few months

I didn't know salads, veggie side dishes, and non fried stuff was considered a special diet?
That's how I eat all the time, minus the salads. I was raised eating too much southern cooking and really paid for it when I was 16. Now I rarely eat fried stuff and fastfood = death, or at least it feels like it.

I hope the food came out ok

(To those reading, too much fried food is bad. Even if you don't gain weight it's awful on your body.)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

I don't normally eat like this, but we're on this cleanse diet. Supposed to make you feel amazing. It's day 2 for me and just the mention of potatoes and cream of mushroom soup is making my mouth water.
Anything for a coffee!
We can only have herbal tea.

P.S. Pork is the oven baking at 425.
Suppose i shouldn't mention for my bday ill be having a rump steak as big as my head with garlic butter, veges and then a hot apple pie with ice cream for dessert...

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I baked pork chop topped with onions, tomatos, lemon juice and pepper at 425 for about 25 mins. Very good!
Baked acorn squash next to it in tinfoil for about 45. I put a little olive oil, maple syrup and garlic in the center while it cooked. Also yummy.
This 7 day diet is a cleanse diet that we bought at the health food store. It comes with these vitamin and cleansing pills you take along with the recommended diet plan.
The diet is really just a well-balanced diet which recommends using organic veggies, etc. You are supposed to avoid most dairy (except skim yoghurt), fried foods, excess salt, alcohol, bread and pasta.

Here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.recleanse.com/

Thanks everyone for all the tips on cooking porkchops! I'll use some of your ideas in the coming weeks.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Suppose i shouldn't mention for my bday ill be having a rump steak as big as my head with garlic butter, veges and then a hot apple pie with ice cream for dessert...
Happy birthday! Enjoy your rump steak.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

I do mine a couple different ways. The other night I put worchester(sp) sauce on them with some seasoning and also BBQ sauce, and they turned out YUMMY!! Then also I will bake them with cream of mushroom and sometimes put some potatoes in with them to bake, and thats very good as well.
BTW-I always use the boneless kind, what about you?
I'm going to try your pork chops in mushroom soup tonight , I think! Should I add milk to the soup?