How do you make your pancakes?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made them tonight for myself, and it got me thinking of how many different ways I make them.

Usually I make the mix regular with water- and add in cinnamon... mmmmm!

Tonight I added in chocolate chips (which I haven't done since I was little!) and cinnamon, and when they were done, I topped them with a little sugar

How about you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

I wanted hubby to make me some today but he sucks at making pancakes..lol. I add honey in with it.
Oohh, that sounds good!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make whole wheat blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup. I make them from scratch (it takes about three minutes) and use blueberries I've washed and frozen from the summer. Sometimes I use half oatmeal and half whole wheat flour. We eat them with scrambled eggs on the side. Yum, I'm going to make them Sunday!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I know what I want for breakfast!!
Those sound so yummy!! I am boring I guess,lol. I just use the plain ole' mix and put butter and syrup on 'em.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MMmm... everyone's sound so good, I might have to make them for breakfast tomorrow morning!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tell Jeremy I'm in the mood for pancakes and he makes them.
Pretty simple huh?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For mom I use a honey wheat mix with sour cream

for me gluten free they are actually good

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a great thread! I've never made pancakes before (always had my mom's homemade buttermilk ones). I think i might try to make some when i get a day off. Stupid question- but what do you put in yours and how do you make them? I like the buttermilk ones- is a medium sized skillet ok? What else do you put in it aside from milk?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

This is a great thread! I've never made pancakes before (always had my mom's homemade buttermilk ones). I think i might try to make some when i get a day off. Stupid question- but what do you put in yours and how do you make them? I like the buttermilk ones- is a medium sized skillet ok? What else do you put in it aside from milk?
I just buy the pancake mix in a box, and add water!
Mix until no lumps and add in whatever you want!

I cook them on a big griddle that fits about... 8 at a time, works great when I'm cooking for more than just myself!

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am a lazy cook ,so I use the packet stuff - I like mine pretty simple, with lemon and honey - the kids like chocolate spread on them!

If I am really lucky, DH makes them for me - he is a proper cook and makes them from scratch - they are yummy!!!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The ultimate is Aunt Jemima original, just add egg, oil, milk, then I love diced bananas, or blueberries, or strawberries, or peaches, or............!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we've made ours from scratch, we use a waffle batter. It uses whipped egg whites and that makes them really light and fluffy.

Like lots of melted butter on mine.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Like lots of melted butter on mine.
Meee too! I don't like syrup, so butter for me!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Now I know what I want for breakfast!!
Those sound so yummy!! I am boring I guess,lol. I just use the plain ole' mix and put butter and syrup on 'em.
That is excatly what I do, but that is the way that I like them.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nobody here wanted to wait until Sunday for pancakes, so I thought I'd share my recipe while I had it out. These are so good, and good for you. (You can leave out the blueberries, or use a ripe peach instead, peeled and cut into pieces.)

Blueberry Pancakes
serves two hungry people

1 cup whole-wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon honey
2 Tablespoons melted butter or oil
1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)

Beat egg until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients except blueberries, beat just until the flour is mixed, then stop. Stir in blueberries. Pour 1/4 cup batter into a hot, oiled griddle or skillet. When pancakes start to develop bubbles (or small holes on top), flip and cook the other side. Keep warm in an oven set on low. Serve with warmed maple syrup.

If you are going to be in a hurry in the morning, you can mix the first three dry ingredients in a bowl the night before. You can double or triple the recipe. I always make these for houseguests. One of our friends always stays with us, even though he has other friends in town, and these pancakes are one reason why!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch