or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Ferals and Rescue › Cats S.O.S › Can my neighbor kill my cats?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can my neighbor kill my cats? - Page 2

post #31 of 69
Well done you and your brother! I am glad all your cats are going to be safe, even if they cannot be at liberty any more. ANd as far as the neighbour is concerned, at least he is making an effort to be reasonable now.
post #32 of 69
Thread Starter 
Thanks Jenny.
post #33 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helga06 View Post
Hi, I have a question about laws relating to cats in Texas.

I have a neighbor who has been complaining about our cats going into his yard and pooping. He has a cage set up and has been catching our cats, and then calling the animal shelter, who is putting the animals to sleep. As soon as we found out about this, we contacted the animal shelter and we were told that if our cats had collars showing that they were vaccinated, that they would not pick up our cats. We proceeded to go to the vet and vaccinate our cats and buy them collars and tags.

This morning, our neighbor told us that if the animal shelter wouldn't pick up the cats when he called them, that he was just going to take this into his own cats and KILL any cat that entered his property.

My question is, can he do that? I mean, of course, he can kill a cat, but is it legal? Can this man do whatever he wants to my pet cats if they enter his property? I mean these cats have been raised outside and roam all throughout the neighborhood freely. I can stop them from entering his property. There are 8 cats, most of them are adults, two are small kittens who also roam around freely.
Hi Helga,

I know just how you feel about your neighbour killing your pets, because my twisted neighbour killed one of mine. He told me what he had done, and threatened to kill the rest of them. I realised that he was a psycho, a bully, and hated animals. I was so scared for their lives, that I had to get rid of them. He would have killed them all, I know it.

I'm totally gutted; at least they are alive, but I can't describe the pain of missing them. Caring for my pets, and being close to them brought an indescribable joy to my life, and now it feels so empty.

How did you get past the pain and utter hatred towards your neighbour? I can hardly concentrate and I keep balling my eyes out. I feel so lost.

Anyway, this guy has ripped apart my life and taken one of the most important parts of it away from me, leaving me empty and alone. I have decided that he is going to pay. I am going to wait 6-7 months and let this all blow over, smile and wave, act as if nothings wrong. And then I am going to ruin his life. The thing about neighbours, is that they are close enough for you find out a lot about them, through mail, and having access to their property. Enough to hurt them. Enough to ruin their reputation. Enough to make things extremely uncomfortable for them, all anonomously. I have a lot of ideas. And he will be sorry he messed with a woman's love for those in her care! He has no idea what he's in for.
post #34 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by catluvrrr View Post
Hi Helga,

I know just how you feel about your neighbour killing your pets, because my twisted neighbour killed one of mine. He told me what he had done, and threatened to kill the rest of them. I realised that he was a psycho, a bully, and hated animals. I was so scared for their lives, that I had to get rid of them. He would have killed them all, I know it.

I'm totally gutted; at least they are alive, but I can't describe the pain of missing them. Caring for my pets, and being close to them brought an indescribable joy to my life, and now it feels so empty.

How did you get past the pain and utter hatred towards your neighbour? I can hardly concentrate and I keep balling my eyes out. I feel so lost.

Anyway, this guy has ripped apart my life and taken one of the most important parts of it away from me, leaving me empty and alone. I have decided that he is going to pay. I am going to wait 6-7 months and let this all blow over, smile and wave, act as if nothings wrong. And then I am going to ruin his life. The thing about neighbours, is that they are close enough for you find out a lot about them, through mail, and having access to their property. Enough to hurt them. Enough to ruin their reputation. Enough to make things extremely uncomfortable for them, all anonomously. I have a lot of ideas. And he will be sorry he messed with a woman's love for those in her care! He has no idea what he's in for.
Catluvrrr, I was just browsing the threads and came across your post. I'm so sorry you lost your dear pets in such an awful way. I completely understand your hurt and anger, but couldn't help but just want to say to you, revenge isn't always the best healer. It just allows that biterness inside you to fester.

There is so much evil in the world. Fighting evil with evil doesn't seem right to me (IMO). Your horrible neighbour has caused you to lose your cats...and now he's causing you to be a revengeful bitter person.

Are there any alternatives around this for you? Relocating so you can enjoy your passion for cats in peace? Or helping out with some form of cat-related charity?

I know Im not in your shoes and not feeling your hurt...and if it was my cats, I know I would go out of my mind. But I would not let a scumbag evil neighbour like him ruin my integrity. There is a God watching. What goes around comes around.
post #35 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by catluvrrr View Post
Hi Helga,

I know just how you feel about your neighbour killing your pets, because my twisted neighbour killed one of mine. He told me what he had done, and threatened to kill the rest of them. I realised that he was a psycho, a bully, and hated animals. I was so scared for their lives, that I had to get rid of them. He would have killed them all, I know it.

I'm totally gutted; at least they are alive, but I can't describe the pain of missing them. Caring for my pets, and being close to them brought an indescribable joy to my life, and now it feels so empty.

How did you get past the pain and utter hatred towards your neighbour? I can hardly concentrate and I keep balling my eyes out. I feel so lost.

Anyway, this guy has ripped apart my life and taken one of the most important parts of it away from me, leaving me empty and alone. I have decided that he is going to pay. I am going to wait 6-7 months and let this all blow over, smile and wave, act as if nothings wrong. And then I am going to ruin his life. The thing about neighbours, is that they are close enough for you find out a lot about them, through mail, and having access to their property. Enough to hurt them. Enough to ruin their reputation. Enough to make things extremely uncomfortable for them, all anonomously. I have a lot of ideas. And he will be sorry he messed with a woman's love for those in her care! He has no idea what he's in for.

Wow, do you know how psychopathic you sound? What, might I ask, do you plan on doing to this man? He didn't make you get rid of your cats, you could have brought your cats inside and they would have been safe. You truly sound like you need a lot of help, and may have problems that go a lot deeper than having to get rid of your cats. You might want to think about seeing a therapist.
post #36 of 69
some of your posts are so damn rude and ridiculous you should at least think before you post. For those of you saying things like "you cannot take care of your cats" well they are NOT her cats they are stray cats that she decided to care for instead of watch starv and go hungry. In case you guys have not noticed AMERICA IS FULL OF UNWANTED STREET CATS THAT LIVE MISERABLE LIVES NOT ALL OF THEM CAN HAVE "PERFECT" PAMPERED lives and not everyone is gonna have a house full of "Cats" Evryone has their limits! YOu know whos fault it is? it is the people who do not spay and nuter their cats "fault" if someone has to be kind enough to feed a few of the millions of unwanted starving miserable cats in this country then god bless them! So pathetic how some of you (fosterkitty) will use ANY EXCUSE to flame/insult/demean someone You are taking your claws out on the wrong people!
post #37 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by chausiefan View Post
some of your posts are so damn rude and ridiculous you should at least think before you post. For those of you saying things like "you cannot take care of your cats" well they are NOT her cats they are stray cats that she decided to care for instead of watch starv and go hungry. In case you guys have not noticed AMERICA IS FULL OF UNWANTED STREET CATS THAT LIVE MISERABLE LIVES NOT ALL OF THEM CAN HAVE "PERFECT" PAMPERED lives and not everyone is gonna have a house full of "Cats" Evryone has their limits! YOu know whos fault it is? it is the people who do not spay and nuter their cats "fault" if someone has to be kind enough to feed a few of the millions of unwanted starving miserable cats in this country then god bless them! So pathetic how some of you (fosterkitty) will use ANY EXCUSE to flame/insult/demean someone You are taking your claws out on the wrong people!
I agree with you in that it is the fault of people not getting their pet spayed or neutered that is the major cause of strays and unwanted pets .. all the homeless animals, etc. I mean, I'm sure there are exceptions to that rule, but.. I'd agree to say that's the major cause.

I went back and read Helga's posts, and I didn't see anywhere that she said these cats were originally strays. She did say that they were born and raised outside, but.. she never said that they were strays that I saw. It is possible that I missed it. You may know her personally, and know what the situation is better than anyone on here, but if you do, then unfortunately we're not privy to that information, so we can't make an opinion based on anything except what she posts.

I agree that it's a little over the top on some of the posts, but it is true that when you let your cats outside, you do face a lot more risks. Angry neighbors are one of them... death by dog, fox, wild animal, disease, car, stupid evil humans that torture cats.. these are all things that can happen to a cat if they're let outside. Personally, I won't let mine outside, but I will also not attempt to tell someone else how they should or should not manage a pet, or at least I try not to... Helga, while she obviously loves her cats, is in a situation that makes it all around difficult but she does have culpability to the neighbor. They're not his. I definitely am not defending the neighbor here, but.. you know, if a neighbor takes exception to something you're doing, you have a responsibility to attempt to fix it. Thankfully, Helga found what I think is probably the very best solution she could come up with, and the kitties are now as safe as possible.

I do think, while I understand your anger, that your post was just as over the top as any one else's here, and that perhaps (unless of course you know her personally) you may have made an assumption that the cats are strays. I have to say, if you have an animal, and for instance, let's say it's a dog, and you take your dog out on a walk and you don't put it on a leash.. if it bites someone or gets hit by a car because it sees .. oh, let's say a kid with a ball and the ball drops and rolls and the dog runs after it.. .. um.. it is, indeed, the fault of the pet owner, because especially for the safety of the pet, that dog should have been on a leash.
post #38 of 69
You guys are SOOOO rude. You really make it unpleasant for NORMAL (or semi-normal ) people to come on here and have a good time. She posted asking for advice -not to be screamed at. Maybe you should consult one of the administrators because on TCS it is allowed to do that to someone. You can not tell her what to do, only give her some advice. Everyone has their owns opinions... which brings me to another conclusion-- why don't you post in the IMO section you can post your opinion there. Because right now this girl is going through sooooo many things and does not need you chewing her out. If you want to tell her what she's doing wrong- ok tell her. But please don't make it soooo rude ok?

NOTICE: I am not posting this to anyone in particular. I am posting to anyone and everyone that posts mean, harsh replys to people on TCS that are looking for advice.
post #39 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helga06 View Post
The only really difficult part about this is cleaning after them! I go inside with the shovel at least 3 times a day! lol. We're also looking for tree trunks to put in there so the cats don't get so bored.

As for my neighbor, he came to my house and told us that if he caught one of our cats again, he'd set them free since he has seen that we have made the effort to keep them out of his yard. But don't think of him as a good man yet, he still killed two of my cats and I can barely stand to look at him without having murderous thoughts.
Helga I am happy for you that you found a solution, it looks like you are taking responsibility for your cats. You might want to cut that neighbor a little slack. At least he was calling AC and having them PTS humanely.

When I read that you are now dealing with the mess they leave and have to shovel it 3 times a day, I am wondering if this neighbor was dealing with the mess your cats left all this time. Had he said anything to you before?

Where I live there is no question that if an animal is being a nuisance on your property you are within your rights to get out your shotgun. I am not aware of any place inthe US where anyone has a legal right to let their pets do whatever they please wherever they please. I realize I am in the minority here, but like a previous poster said, I certainly would not expect to get away with opening the door, letting my dogs out to do whatever wherever and not have the neighbors get big time angry.

I think you should try to let bygones be bygones, JMO.
post #40 of 69
I think Helga's done the right (and best) thing by putting up her enclosure. Actually, I think it's a brilliant solution, and I applaud her. Short of being able to keep them in the house..which she obviously can't do at this time, it's a really good solution.
post #41 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracy50 View Post
Flame suit on...

These are your pets, right? If you can't house and care for them properly, be it for lack of time, space, or money, you should not have so many cats!

Cats belong indoors - period.
Ponder this. If I had 20 dogs because I love dogs, but my house was too little or I was unable to really be responsible for them, or I just wanted the dogs to be able to do whatever they wanted to do, and I let them wander all over the place, would that be OK? No, it wouldn't for obvious reasons. So then why do people think just because they are cats, it is OK for them to go wherever, pooping, killing birds, getting sick, getting lost or run-over, having fights or whatever? It isn't right. Maintain and control them like a responsible pet-owner, or relinquish that duty - its that simple. Cats aren't toys and they aren't a part-time responsibility that many seem to believe.

I'm not defending your neighbor here, but have you put yourself in his shoes? Are you being a good neighbor by respecting his property-rights and trying everything to resolve the issue? Who started this whole mess? Who is not being responsible for their "property" and the consequences that property faces when it is out of your control? YOU are responsible for your cat at all times- -period.

Just because they are cats, does not mean its OK to let them do whatever they want. You have to exist with other people in a society, and respect of one's property goes a long way in that regard.
.

Only support here. No flames. Well written post. It is not okay when people's pet animals poo/kill things/destroy things on other's property, and cat poo can put toxins in the soil of people's garden's. It is not okay to kill, that is wrong and very unfair. I am glad you can build a fence for your kitties, an outdoor enclosure. That is really neat! I am glad there is a happy ending!!!! That is refreshing to hear. Yay
post #42 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helga06 View Post
Update:

Our cats are finally safe, and all it took was about $400 and a weeks worth of hard labor.

What ended up happening is that we (my brother and I) decided to build them a "safe house" in our backyard. It turned out to be quite an interesting project.

The safehouse looks like the first pic here; this is the design we used:
http://www.just4cats.com/Images/graphic/covernew.jpg

Now it's all finished and for the past two weeks, all of my cats have been in there. Most of them hate it. They cry a lot and they try to claw out. I guess its because they are so used to being outside. To remedy this, I take them out for a few hours a day, but I am outside, watching them closely. I also bring 1-2 cats inside my room each day, alternating between them. So far, so good. There is really only one male cat who absolutely HATES the enclosure. The rest of the cats seems alright as long as they can go out as least for a few minutes a day.

The only really difficult part about this is cleaning after them! I go inside with the shovel at least 3 times a day! lol. We're also looking for tree trunks to put in there so the cats don't get so bored.

As for my neighbor, he came to my house and told us that if he caught one of our cats again, he'd set them free since he has seen that we have made the effort to keep them out of his yard. But don't think of him as a good man yet, he still killed two of my cats and I can barely stand to look at him without having murderous thoughts.

Helga

PS: We covered our safehouse with a plastic tarp; we knew it wasn't going to be the best type of roof but it was the quickest thing to do and I was really worried about my cats getting too much sun exposure. Anyways, the funniest thing happened 2 days ago. It was raining A LOT and the tarp go full of water and then it ripped! It was like an explosion and all the water that had been gathering on the tarp fell on my cats and on my brother, who was trying to quickly take each cat and bring him inside our home. A few cats were saved just in time, but about 3 got completely soaked with water and ran like crazy out of the safehouse! Poor little ones. They got quite a shower that day.
That looks awesome!!! Way to go!
post #43 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracy50 View Post
Ponder this. If I had 20 dogs because I love dogs, but my house was too little or I was unable to really be responsible for them, or I just wanted the dogs to be able to do whatever they wanted to do, and I let them wander all over the place, would that be OK? No, it wouldn't for obvious reasons. So then why do people think just because they are cats, it is OK for them to go wherever, pooping, killing birds, getting sick, getting lost or run-over, having fights or whatever? It isn't right. Maintain and control them like a responsible pet-owner, or relinquish that duty - its that simple. Cats aren't toys and they aren't a part-time responsibility that many seem to believe.
I'm obviously late to this thread but I completely agree. I feel this goes for human children as well...and especially for pets.

Very glad you got you were able to find a suitable situation to protect your kitties, Helga
post #44 of 69
~Well I hate to admit it but everyone who has spoken so far is right in what they say. Although cats are big, mean and vicious, attacking people etc there is no difference in having your cats run the neighborhood than allowing your 160 lb Rottie etc?? My neighborhood is RAN by stray cats. There are bengals, siamese, and more running lose because owners think their cats NEED some outside time during the day. What they dont understand is they are still producing babies, there are alot of strays in the neighborhood with respitory problems etc and they are tearing out garbage etc. The people on one side of me dump a HUGE pan of cat food out every morning. This attracts cats to their house. The house on the other side of me puts Amonia on their garbage bags and puts out poison to kill and keep the cats out of their yard.

I have had over 15 strays in my back yard at one time just sitting on my back deck watching my cats through the sliding windows. Its wild and I hate that these cats arent in good homes. There is a HUGE pregnant female, very wild, runny eyes and nose that keeps coming on my deck but I have been unable to catch her. She is sick and pregnant and I hate that I cannot catch and help her. Its sad because so many cats in my neighborhood probably wont live much longer because of the extreme measures my other neighbors are taking to keep them out of their garbage etc.

Yes my cats look out the windows/doors like they would LOVE to go outside. Making decisions is what good parents do...even for their 4 legged children. You wouldnt allow your 2 yr old to play in traffic, play with poisions or run around outside alone so why would you allow your cat or dog to do so?? Its dangerous for them and its up to US to keep them safe.

PS I DO take my cats outs...on a LONG leash and with a cat harness on. They are NEVER outside without me and never take them out of my fenced back yard. They do like going and I do this at least every other day but they are NEVER free or left alone.
post #45 of 69
I think Helga's situation is that she lives with her parents and is unable to keep them inside at all times. I believe that if she had her own place, she would be keeping them in, but I think her current solution is probably the best thing she could do and now they all get some inside time and they're safe.

I feel so bad for stray kitties.
post #46 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabyphx View Post
You guys are SOOOO rude. You really make it unpleasant for NORMAL (or semi-normal ) people to come on here and have a good time. She posted asking for advice -not to be screamed at. Maybe you should consult one of the administrators because on TCS it is allowed to do that to someone. You can not tell her what to do, only give her some advice. Everyone has their owns opinions... which brings me to another conclusion-- why don't you post in the IMO section you can post your opinion there. Because right now this girl is going through sooooo many things and does not need you chewing her out. If you want to tell her what she's doing wrong- ok tell her. But please don't make it soooo rude ok?

NOTICE: I am not posting this to anyone in particular. I am posting to anyone and everyone that posts mean, harsh replys to people on TCS that are looking for advice.
Here! here! I agree totally. Wer'e supposed to be supportive, not tear each other up
post #47 of 69
Un fortunately thanks to peta now its considered "a civil matter". Animals are being considered as property so what they get them on is destruction of property. You'll beable to sue on that offense and without a doubt the judge will rule in your favor. These things are difficult to deal with and I know the frustration. My stepdads dog was poisoned with cyanide tablets by his neighbor. The arrest was destruction of proprty. He sued and won 5k but that didn't solve the problem. They told him the neighbor was charged with a misdemeaner. If he retaliated it would be Felony Assault. Thanks peta.
post #48 of 69

You are going to have to find a way to confine them to your yard. They are listed as property so unfortunately and this pisses a lot of people off but he would be treated the same if he were to break a window or step on your flowers. Hell he gets a stiffer penalty for smashing a mail box. I have 2 dogs and would tear someone a new one if they were messed with. You will have to confine them to your yard, File for a restraining order to keep him off your property and away from your animals. Last you will need to get them chipped and if peta comes around get a bag of golf balls and clubs...clap.gif

post #49 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern boy 82 View Post

Un fortunately thanks to peta now its considered "a civil matter". Animals are being considered as property so what they get them on is destruction of property. You'll beable to sue on that offense and without a doubt the judge will rule in your favor. These things are difficult to deal with and I know the frustration. My stepdads dog was poisoned with cyanide tablets by his neighbor. The arrest was destruction of proprty. He sued and won 5k but that didn't solve the problem. They told him the neighbor was charged with a misdemeaner. If he retaliated it would be Felony Assault. Thanks peta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern boy 82 View Post

You are going to have to find a way to confine them to your yard. They are listed as property so unfortunately and this pisses a lot of people off but he would be treated the same if he were to break a window or step on your flowers. Hell he gets a stiffer penalty for smashing a mail box. I have 2 dogs and would tear someone a new one if they were messed with. You will have to confine them to your yard, File for a restraining order to keep him off your property and away from your animals. Last you will need to get them chipped and if peta comes around get a bag of golf balls and clubs...clap.gif

Hi Southern Boy!!! Welcome to TCS... Just want you to know that you are replying to a thread that is five years old. Don't worry, this happens all the time. Hope you enjoy your time here on TCS. Please feel free to introduce yourself by going to this forum and posting a new thread!!!! http://www.thecatsite.com/f/20/new-cats-on-the-block
post #50 of 69
Any one who lets cats roam free in other yards ,should be in jail. Honestly i say this because cats will come into my fenced property and climb on my cars leave scratches and pawprints on the paint. I work hard for my things, im not daying i have the most expensive car on earth, but i still paid for it and i want to keep it nice, since it cost hard earned money. And its not fair that even in my own house my car is not safe. I have politlely asked my neighbor with 1000 cats to keep her animals away from me and my property, and she ignores my wish. Thats rude to me, i dont go around scratching her cars, or whatever is important to her.
post #51 of 69

Cats are considered property in Texas (as are all animals)

 

And if an animal is on your land, you are free to shoot it- if it is a danger to life or property or livestock. Otherwise, no he can't.

post #52 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helga06 View Post
Anyways, the funniest thing happened 2 days ago. It was raining A LOT and the tarp go full of water and then it ripped! It was like an explosion and all the water that had been gathering on the tarp fell on my cats and on my brother, who was trying to quickly take each cat and bring him inside our home. A few cats were saved just in time, but about 3 got completely soaked with water and ran like crazy out of the safehouse! Poor little ones. They got quite a shower that day.

Doesn't sound too funny to me. Poor cats. :(

post #53 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by catluvrrr View Post

 
The thing about neighbours, is that they are close enough for you find out a lot about them, through mail, and having access to their property. Enough to hurt them. Enough to ruin their reputation. Enough to make things extremely uncomfortable for them, all anonomously. I have a lot of ideas. And he will be sorry he messed with a woman's love for those in her care! He has no idea what he's in for.

Not sure I would be bragging and threatening to do illegal activity, when you do an eye for an eye, nobody wins.

post #54 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post

Cats are considered property in Texas (as are all animals)

And if an animal is on your land, you are free to shoot it- if it is a danger to life or property or livestock. Otherwise, no he can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helga06 View Post

Anyways, the funniest thing happened 2 days ago. It was raining A LOT and the tarp go full of water and then it ripped! It was like an explosion and all the water that had been gathering on the tarp fell on my cats and on my brother, who was trying to quickly take each cat and bring him inside our home. A few cats were saved just in time, but about 3 got completely soaked with water and ran like crazy out of the safehouse! Poor little ones. They got quite a shower that day.
Doesn't sound too funny to me. Poor cats. frown.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by catluvrrr View Post


 


The thing about neighbours, is that they are close enough for you find out a lot about them, through mail, and having access to their property. Enough to hurt them. Enough to ruin their reputation. Enough to make things extremely uncomfortable for them, all anonomously. I have a lot of ideas. And he will be sorry he messed with a woman's love for those in her care! He has no idea what he's in for.
Not sure I would be bragging and threatening to do illegal activity, when you do an eye for an eye, nobody wins.

Nebula, I'm sure you didn't notice the dates when you started responding to this thread. The original thread is 5 years old. It's likely that few of the people who posted at that time are no longer following the thread and will not see your replies. I assume the issue was resolved long ago.
post #55 of 69

sorry to hear about this,I have the same problem we have a stupid cat killer down the road,that gets his thrills  shooting cats , birds, squirrels,u name it,he's freaking dumb,if he's not shooting he's poisoning them,and then he throw's them onto the neighbor's property which is a woods across the street.so of course i went to the neighbor and told him that this man was doing this plus dumping hes ashes from he's burn pile on his property. I do believe if you have cats u should keep them home to be safe,but there are alot of cats that live out on their own ,around here,im surrounded by fields,and i believe that they do have a purpose in life their not only a very loving animal but they keep the mice down thats for sure,these kind of people have a freaking mental problem i think,for someone to kill gods wonderful creatures,and laugh about it,who knows sence there are neighbor kids that play in that woods ,heck il be surprised one day he dont shoot a kid for walking to close to his yard or claiming he thought it was a animal playing in the woods ,thats just how this man is.and to top it all off he was dating the other neighbor that use to live by him,he freaking killed her cat then dumped it in her yard and told her babe i said keep ur cat in the house if u love the damn thing,what kind of boyfriend does that ? i called the law on him and they told me that they cant do a thing if the animal is in his yeard but if there is a witness seeing him shooting the animal and it's not in his yard then yes they can do something,thats all i got for now.I hope these cat killers get whats coming to them .

post #56 of 69
There are products that have 2 components: a motion detector device and a can of harmless, non-toxic spray. Each time your cat approaches a restricted area the motion detector senses his movement and releases a brisk spray of non-toxic harmless gas. The cat gets startled by the spray action and runs away. Your cat will remember this startling spray effect and will be deterred from returning to the restricted area in the future. Put these detectors on your properties promoters and then the cats won't go onto your neighbors property.
post #57 of 69

I want to say letting a dog free to run at large is nothing like letting a cat free. I have a german shepherd. I use to have a rottie. Large dogs are VERY POWERFUL capable animals. THey have and do kill people one on one easy.  THey are used by the police to arrest dangerous men with guns on the street. Dogs kill horses when in pairs or packs, they can kill ANY domestic animal they want (including humans). IT would be the same as letting your pet leopard or jaguar or cougar free to roam at large. 

 

I have big dogs but id be scared if people started to let their rottie, pits and german sheps free all day. I know how strong these animals are and when they are scared can be lethal. 

 

 

I am not scared for my life with free roaming cats.

 

 

I would NEver think about letting my german shep run free the prey drive she has combined with her territorial aggression (what they are bred for to protect) she would find trouble. DOmestic dogs can be more than 4 times the weight of a large coyote. 

post #58 of 69
GRACIE50 I agreed with you until I got to the mantra- killing birds.Put flame suit on.Im sure you know about the Wisconsin study and similar Krap .Dont fall for it.There was a similar study done that also paid attention to feral cats stomach contents- guess what? it only had sadly, crickets lizards and grass.Please get facts and don't spread further bunk.cats,even pet cats do on occasion,kill birds but the majority of caught prey was injured or weak.I can't think of any other pet or animal bashed so wholeheartedly ,as cats, when the animal only is following instinct.I agree with your assessment of the situation though remember this person is living with parents and may not be at fault for the amount of cats he is currently trying to come to this site to get help.P,ease remember that this person comes here for help not a public flogging.argh2.gif
post #59 of 69
STINKYS MOM-Ever though of instead of making the situation worse with attitude you could mend fences as well?Help the innocent cats as well as taking care of the problem by giving said neighbors a hand with information on how to get low cost or no cost spay and neuter as well as health care?i know you nor your neighbor is not a monster as they are probably not evil as both of you care for cats in one way or another.You could even avail them to the wonderful help and support of this site to enlighten them.I hope you great success with this problem and also wish you success with enlightening your neighbors for the wretched kitties sake as well.What a horrible life to live never know love and safety with regular food and vet attention but living next door to a caring home that calls the authorities on you when you are a problem when you smell food with your quivering,hungry little nose and not have that from your own home.What a testament to your care.
post #60 of 69
Hey catluvvrr I'm so sorry you have had this pain.I had a house fire and lost my home Me and my 8cats had to move in with mom.She had 6cats and was very old.this and that and within 2 months my UN neutered males tagged her unspayed indoor females and 13 kittens born within a short time.i asked an old girlfriend for help giving them away who lived nearby.to make a long story short,I found she was taking them to her farm and releasing for rodent control not finding homes.These were not and had never been feral kitty's.Im a practicing Wiccan.,(I'm very afraid to state this even now but I think its nessasary to the reply) she used scare tactics against me as she called animal control,police(said I was using animal sacrifice so to get some kinda search warrant I guess)Child endangerment and abuse people,adult abuse people the list goes on( mike Vick never had it so bad)The outcome? Her boyfriend threw her out,my neighbors of 51 years told her off when she started bragging of getting rid of the witch,the animal control lady who confiscated my herb garden books,moon phases,and crystal books asked me how I got interested in such a peaceful and earth loving belief system as she finally returned my property,and all charges dropped except the charge (the awful charge) you get when you have too many cats at one residence. As well as taking them they also told me that they were very impressed at how healthy they were.(all were spayed/neutered and had shots)the moral to this awful chapter in my and my lost babies is THE PAIN NEVER GOES AWAY.Not even when the people get what Karma ,God,or the law of three gives back.And believe me he WILL get back.You know the best part?You don't have to do a thing,You won'thave to risk your freedom,your record,your time,your life.Just sit back and watch the forces take care or the evilness that currently is this monster you call neighbor.One question,would one kitty at the shelter, that needs you ,be out of the question.IT cannot hurt kitty's that are kept inside as is best for everyone.Peace,God bless you and please don't let this monster wreck what love you still carry for the helpless.laughing02.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cats S.O.S
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Ferals and Rescue › Cats S.O.S › Can my neighbor kill my cats?