Gift ideas for my little nephew

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey guys, my little nephew, Liam, is turning 2-years-old tomorrow and Aunt Eileen still needs to buy him a birthday present. I could really use some suggestions. This kid already has every car, truck, interactive toy, stuffed animal, book, DVD, age appropriate game (I think that about covers it) that you could possibly think of.
I could always get him clothes, and there's some really cute little guy stuff out there, but I'm open to other suggestions if you've got them.

Thanks!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if he already has a lot of toys, things that get used up (like clay, markers, crayons, paper, sidewalk chalk) are always needing replacing. There are some neat clays with glitter now, and metallic crayons and such that would be extra fun. A Magna Doodle would be good, or a chalkboard with chalk. Don't think too much about it - kids that age like everything.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does he have a favorite character? Like Cars or Thomas the Tank Engine, etc. ...they have adorable fleece blankets and pillows, My nieces and nephews always loved that kind of stuff.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that a new box of crayons is always the best. I really haven't a clue whatto get a 2 yearr old!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Does he have a favorite character? Like Cars or Thomas the Tank Engine, etc. ...they have adorable fleece blankets and pillows, My nieces and nephews always loved that kind of stuff.
Nice idea Helen!

Wow sounds like the lil' guy has everything.

Whatever happened to playing with blocks or Lincoln logs or Leggos?

Guess I'm showing my age.

Hilda >^..^<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These are all great ideas, guys. Thanks! He does love Thomas the Train, Helen. He was Thomas for Halloween and it's the theme for his party.

Guess a trip to Target or Meijers is in order after work today.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Videos or DVDs. "Cars" is good. Also even though old, "Toy Story", "Monster's Inc.", "Ice Age", etc.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter has a book called "Frog in the Kitchen Sink"- I think my mom got it from Books-a-Million, that comes with a hand puppet frog and the book has wobbly eyes, that is really funny! It starts out:

"Never put a frog in the kitchen sink,
The kitchen sink, the kitchen sink.
Never put a frog in the kitchen sink,
Or your mother's gonna yell...

'Who put a frog in the kitchen sink?
The kitchen sink, the kitchen sink?..."

Oh! She also has another wobbly eyed board book called "Firsts- Reflections of a 7 Year Old" by Arlen Cohn, that is hillarious! It starts out:

"My first day on Earth was superb, so I hear...
Even though I was spanked on my cute little rear.
I was still kind of wrinkly and covered with gook,
But my mother still raved at my movie star look."

And they have board books of the classics like "Good Night Moon", "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" etc. that my daughter has had since she was one, and still likes to have read to her at 3 1/2.

Pretty much any book by Sandra Boyton is usually a hit, too.