Car wash rips off antenna

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom just called me and told me she drove her brand new 2007 Jeep Liberty through the $5 car wash by our office. It said to lower antenna but hers doesn't lower so she left it. Well it ripped it off!
My dad is so gonna kill her! Has this ever happenend to anyone else?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy cow! I bet he is gonna flip, 'eh? I have never heard of that happening. Did she go talk to anyone about it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a warning when you go in. I have never heard of it happening but there is always the warning. I hope he doesn't notice!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

There is a warning when you go in. I have never heard of it happening but there is always the warning. I hope he doesn't notice!
That is true, there WAS a warning.

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm always afraid to go into the ones that aren't touch free. I do have a funny and stupid, on my part, thing that happened to me going through the car wash. I took my daughters car through one day to one with the foam brushes and forgot to put the antenna down. When I got in there I realized it and it is right above the drivers door and I remembered it and lowered the window a little bit and was trying to lower it before the presoak foam stuff came, and I had my arm sticking out the window when the foam stuff came by and it was bright pink. It got all over my arm and side of my face! I had to go home and wash this bright pink stuff off. It was like pink dye! Took me forever to try to get it off! I will never ever forget to put the antenna down after that!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I worked in the Body Shop- there were people coming in all the time with damage done from those drive thru car wash's- and since there IS a warning, they aren't liable for any damages done to your car.

I never go thru them, I just wash it myself!!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by malynn

I'm always afraid to go into the ones that aren't touch free. I do have a funny and stupid, on my part, thing that happened to me going through the car wash. I took my daughters car through one day to one with the foam brushes and forgot to put the antenna down. When I got in there I realized it and it is right above the drivers door and I remembered it and lowered the window a little bit and was trying to lower it before the presoak foam stuff came, and I had my arm sticking out the window when the foam stuff came by and it was bright pink. It got all over my arm and side of my face! I had to go home and wash this bright pink stuff off. It was like pink dye! Took me forever to try to get it off! I will never ever forget to put the antenna down after that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

When I worked in the Body Shop- there were people coming in all the time with damage done from those drive thru car wash's- and since there IS a warning, they aren't liable for any damages done to your car.

I never go thru them, I just wash it myself!!
Mom said she was just being lazy! I always tell her to use touch free is she is going to drive through. She doesn't listen!