Boyfriend Caught Cheating - LOL

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I should be angry, but at this point I am laughing about this.

Last October I rented a room to a man who had done a lot of work for me, so I knew him quite well. However, it wasn't long before we were in a relationship. He had broken up with his ex-girlfriend a month or two before, but since they had broken up then got back together a couple of times previously, she had a hard time accepting the fact that this time he (supposedly) meant it. She kept calling him here. Sometimes he would talk to her, sometimes hang up on her, sometimes have me tell her he didn't want to talk to her or that he wasn't here. But he never told her that I was anything more than his landlady.
And I thought it was his responsibility to tell her, not mine, so I didn't let on in all the times I talked to her.

Well, tonight the ex-girlfriend called about something else and in passing mentioned that she had a dinner date with him for tonight. She told me not to tell him that she had called. I still didn't let on to her that I was anything more than his landlady, but asked her to have him call me, since he was supposed to be bringing milk home from the store and I was out. And I couldn't go get the milk myself as I didn't know what he had done with my car keys after he borrowed my car yesterday. I thought that would let him know that I knew what he was up to and she would be put in the position of telling him herself that she had called me.

Well, he did call me later and tell me that he had been forced to admit our relationship and told me he had taken her back home. And now I'm laughing my head off, because I can just imagine how embarrassed and upset his ex must feel knowing the number of times she has told me she still loved him, etc. Once when his wallet with his money, cash and id was stolen, he had had to sleep in his car in 32 degree temperatures when out of state, as he couldn't get a motel. When she found out about that she had even told me that if he called I should tell him that she wished she were there to keep him warm. And I can imagine how angry she got with him. She has a temper and twice attacked him, once stabbing him in the eye with a pencil.

And I'm laughing my head off because my boyfriend thought he was going to pull a fast one by stepping out on me with his ex, and now he has both women mad at him. I can hardly wait to see how he tries to get out of this one when he gets home.

Any suggestions on what I should tell him when he tries to get back in my good graces?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea, change your phone number, and locks.
and give him the advice that he is not every good at cheating.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh jesus, what theimp98 said.

I really hope you are joking about the good graces bit, he deserves more than two angry women, dont let him back into your life!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the ex calling there all the time surely you suspected something?

The way I see it, you have two options. Get mad, get even and/or get rid of him. Changing locks, tossing his stuff out, etc.

or... get as much comedic relief out of him as you can

Make sure he knows he's stupid! rub it in, then get rid of him.
Of course I'm not a very nice person if crossed, so I'd have to go with the second option.

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kick him out of your home and out of your life! Any guy caught cheating is not worthy of having you back EVER! If you forgive him this time he will take this as a green light to cheat on you any time he likes.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JulieKit

Kick him out of your home and out of your life! Any guy caught cheating is not worthy of having you back EVER! If you forgive him this time he will take this as a green light to cheat on you any time he likes.
Agreed. Once a cheater, always a cheater. He didn't suceed this time, doesn't mean he won't next time. This guy isn't worth your time.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd tell him that he has 24 hours to get out. The put earplugs in so you don't have the chance to listen to what he's tries to "explain" away.

No offense sweetie, but from the sounds of it the other girlfriend knew that you two were something more before she had dinner with him that night. She may have started suspecting things a long time ago.

IMO he's a putz and if he can't even be honest with an ex girlfriend, including ending the relationship perminantly, I would be suspicious that he couldn't be honest with me.

Find someone else who will be honest with you that isn't just ending a relationship.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree. You deserve to have someone that is devoted to only you, do NOT settle for less!

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sure hoping that you really weren't attached this guy. And that you were practicing safe sex....you sound like you were not to overly bothered by the fact that he still had things going with the ex. I wouldn't bother keeping the charade going unless you are still willing to share. You know what he is...and have been ok with it. If your still not looking to settle down with "THE ONE" then continue to have fun....but be SAFE.
IMO
Denise

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like you were both just passing some time and enjoyed the time you had together. No harm done.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
as soon as you can. I wouldn't trust his other girlfriend either, she sounds very dangerous and you should just get out of the whole relationship and tell him to move OUT!!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

as soon as you can. I wouldn't trust his other girlfriend either, she sounds very dangerous and you should just get out of the whole relationship and tell him to move OUT!!!

I don't know how dangerous, but if it took her that long to make things official between them and come to terms between on him, I would be watching out for anyone keying my car or slashing my tires.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twofatcats

And now I'm laughing my head off, because I can just imagine how embarrassed and upset his ex must feel knowing the number of times she has told me she still loved him, etc.
To think someones pain and humilation is funny is horrible.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twofatcats

Any suggestions on what I should tell him when he tries to get back in my good graces?
Well the first thing that comes to my mind is:

"So long
Farewell
Aufwiedersehn
Adeiu
Adeiu Adeiu
To yieu and yieu and yieu"

(I had no idea how to spell Aufwiedersehn...I looked up the lyrics!)

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd basically say "Have a nice life...and be sure you wear some protective eyewear!"

Then I'd boot him, and happily never speak to either of these nimrods again.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Exactly what everyone else said. I just couldn't imagine finding anything funny in it. I hope everything works out for you

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, he sounds like a Dog.
Maybe your relationship was agreeably less-committed, or more a for-fun thing and thats why you arent
I dont know...but the warning flag to me was him never saying anything to her about it.
WHat a silly man to be caught like that...Its almost like hes looking for drama