New to Cat Forum! (cute cat pics included) :)

designvhl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to say hello! I had a concern about my vets nutritional advice, so I did some googling and came across this website. The responses today have been great, and really put me at ease.

So to introduce myself, I'm Valerie.
I'm a graphic designer, Photographer, Illustrator, & Artist. I love snowboarding, Painting, drawing, Designing, playing w/ my kitties, and going to lots of shows....Love MUSIC!

Here are some photos of my "babies" Vegas is my female Orange Tabby - who I took in after my grandfather passed away a few years ago...she is my very first cat EVER. Charlie is my little boy - he was a stray that I adopted from a shelter. I knew he was mine the moment i walked in and he looked up at me and just kept meowing REALLY loud - not to mention how darn cute he was - little fuzz ball! Many people (including the people working at the shelter) think he might be a pure bred Maine Coone. Of course I know that without a dna test that can't be proven for sure, and I don't really care too much as long as he's healthy and happy...but I did some research on Maine Coones out of curiosity, and my gosh he takes on almost every trait I've read about that he must be one! Ok so enough w/ my chatting - those who know me know I can talk A LOT! So ok, lol here are some photos!

VEGAS:

CHARLIE:

VEGAS & CHARLIE:

Ok can't forget about my puppy! He's really not a puppy(11 years and goin' strong!) but acts like it still sometimes!

SAGE:

Yep we have quite the animal house!

-valerie

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, Valerie! You furbabies are all adorage! What a gorgeous pup Sage is!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

designvhl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks!
Yeah we aren't exactly sure What Sage is though we are suspecting he's a Border Collie/German Shep Mix - maybe w/ some Aust. Shep in him too...who knows but he is a good puppy! Oh and he has a 1/2 a blue eye but it's closed in the pic.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!!!! It's great to have you here - and your kitties are adorable!!! A female ginger tabby - that's pretty rare you know - you're very lucky!!!
Charlie does look very Maine Coon like to me

Your pic of Sage on the bed is gorgeous as well

You'll notice a lot of us have signatures, and from the sounds of it, you're probably quite capable of making your own, otherwise you can have one requested and someone can make you one if they get some time!
The link for that thread is http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47

designvhl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks for the warm welcome. I have a "design" sig I use for promoting my freelance design that I normally use on most forums...but I'll make up a kitty one when I get some time for sure (and i may add sage in too so he's not feelin' left out).

I'd also be glad to help out in designing sigs....comes w/ the territory of being a designer!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
welcome to the cat site, this is such a great place
Ur kitties are gorgeous and so is Sage, I just
those photos, I cant wait to see moer
well see u on the forums

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Valerie
Welcome to TCS!

I just love Vegas's eyes!!! They are gorgeous!!!
I also think you might be right about Charlie being a Main Coon lookalike!!! He is amazing!

Oh and I can't forget sweet Sage!!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and a big hello to you and your beautiful fur-family
they are such a bunch of cuties, and Sage looks a real darling

Its great here, theres always something to do or see, it soon becomes a full time addiction

Well enjoy the forums !!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Valerie, and welcome to TCS!
I also live in Chicago, so it is always good to see another fellow Chicagoan here!
Your cats and dog are adorable.
You will have to visit our forum called The Signature Shop...there are a couple of threads devoted to requesting sigs, and the finished products. I'm sure you'll be a welcome asset over there.

If you have any questions as you find your way around the site, please feel free to click on my username and send me a private message. I'll do what I can to help you.

bedtime_bear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome!!

your vegas reminds me of my dexter, and he was my very first cat too
so glad to meet you, see you around the forums.

michelle

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!

Gorgeous fur babies you have there, I'm looking forward to seeing more of them!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome, Vegas, Charlie, Valerie, and Sage,

to TheCatSite and we are glad you've found us!
That's great you've found some good information on the forums -- there are a lot of cat-smart folks here and any question you have will almost certainly find an answer somewhere on the forums.
Thanks so much for sharing pix of your adorable ones with us and THANKS from the bottoms of our hearts for adopting Vegas and Charlie when they needed a forever loving home so much!
All 9 of us are rescued, and we love big families, too, as you can see!

designvhl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wow lots of replies since i've last visited! Mean to come on here more, but so busy lately w/ work! Two weeks ago Vegas started to vomit 3-5 times a day - so I brought her in and they put her on Prednisone (sp?)...assuming she had IBD and she stopped vomiting...has not vomited since then...but TODAY i just randomly decided to check that recall list and found the update had the wet canned cat food from Blue Spa Select on there! I'm so livid! I am afraid that it may be possible that food had affected her, however the blue spa website stated that they pulled their canned food off the shelf, however none has been tested positive for the Melamine which was what has been poisoning our babies! I am pretty sure that I have the food and dates on the cans of those recalled foods...and even though they tested negative, I am thinking that some blood work couldn't hurt her just to be safe....she seems ok other than her previous vomiting...just thought I would share this updated story on her....i'm a little worried but I think she will be ok...hope your kitties are all ok too....this recall thing is getting a little scary!

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes! Hope to share some new photos soon...as they are my best subjects!