FYI - Pet Smart

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was shopping in Pet Smart yesterday for kitty food and got a shock and suprise when i went for the Pro Plan. Its usually $8.99 a jug for 4lbs of any variety.

When i went in last night, it was on sale for $4.49 a jug!!! I was like, its got to be close to going bad, but nope! The date said " good till 04/2008. So i wondered why it was being sold so cheap, and they said that Pro Plan was changing their labeling, so they wanted the old label off the shelf. Good for me, i stocked up,lol.

The sale is good for now till 2/25/07. dont know if its in every store, but worth a check!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

I was shopping in Pet Smart yesterday for kitty food and got a shock and suprise when i went for the Pro Plan. Its usually $8.99 a jug for 4lbs of any variety.

When i went in last night, it was on sale for $4.49 a jug!!!
I was like, its got to be close to going bad
, but nope! The date said " good till 04/2008. So i wondered why it was being sold so cheap, and they said that Pro Plan was changing their labeling, so they wanted the old label off the shelf. Good for me, i stocked up,lol.

The sale is good for now till 2/25/07. dont know if its in every store, but worth a check!
This sounds like a mistake to me. And you did the exact same thing I would and do do every time. Check the dates. I am amazed when I watch people shop and never look at the expiration dates. And I believe you are absolutely right, it is amost always because it is out of date. But you checked. GREAT. If you can buy this until 2/25 and the dates are good, I would buy every bag I could haul home that the cats could eat before the expiration date! And I do believe that the expiration date is there for a reason, and a legal one at that. You done good!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

This sounds like a mistake to me. And you did the exact same thing I would and do do every time. Check the dates. I am amazed when I watch people shop and never look at the expiration dates. And I believe you are absolutely right, it is amost always because it is out of date. But you checked. GREAT. If you can buy this until 2/25 and the dates are good, I would buy every bag I could haul home that the cats could eat before the expiration date! And I do believe that the expiration date is there for a reason, and a legal one at that. You done good!
i don't like to buy cat food at Petco specifically for this reason. i've found expired food priced at full price on the regular shelf. it was expired by a year!

our Petsmart is MUCH better about having fresh food on the shelf.
i've never found expired food there.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How big are these jugs? Maybe I should make a switch!! But I have 7 cats... I would have to buy a lot!

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Raven-when I was at petco I saw the same thing-I only knew cause I was buying the babycat roayl canin and it was on sale...I had it in cart and noticed bac was different(same colors different design) I checked and it was a good 6 months. Also by me petco always has a urine smell to it..petsmart is much cleaner.

Way to go liza!!!