My mom won't stop calling me!!!AAAAAAH!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my sister is having a hard time right now and her phone was cut off...My mom usually calls her every night...Now since she can't call my sister she is CALLING ME!! It is so annoying, she goes on and on about NOTHING..What is wrong with mothers??

OMG, I just sit here on TCS typing away..and she is all "bla bla bla bla" for like2 hours EVERY NIGHT.

KILLLLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time to "accidently" make a horrible mess of something in the kitchen while you're on the phone...whoops! "I'll talk to you later!!!"

Well, I guess she's your mom, so you are obligated to visit with her...BUT, you need to clean that spill up too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always just act AS BORED as I possibly can until she finally says.."you sound bored, I'll let you go"...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would die if my mom didn't call me everyday! We talk about 2 times a day, which probably equals out to be 2 hrs a day!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents phone me and talk for ages, and usually it's when I'm in the middle of cooking, washing up, or I'm out having a beer
and it's not convenient. The words 'would you like to speak to your dad/mum for a bit?' indicate that the call is going to be extended by at least half an hour.

However, I love both my parents to bits, and since my brother didn't speak to me for 8 years because of a disagreement, and my uncle died suddenly giving no-one a chance to say goodbye, I always relish contact with any members of my family

I saw a road accident today (not sure if the pedestrian survived right now, no info) and it makes those calls when you're trying to do something else much less of a chore, when you look at it in perspective. You never know what tomorrow will bring iyswim.

Never miss a chance to tell them you love them.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I realize that I should treasure every time my mom calls...I just don't know why she has to call every day with nothing new to say

I do love her of course, and sometimes I feel bad when she lets me go because I am sounding all bored..

:censor::censor::censor::censor:, now I feel bad.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I realize that I should treasure every time my mom calls...I just don't know why she has to call every day with nothing new to say

I do love her of course, and sometimes I feel bad when she lets me go because I am sounding all bored..

:censor::censor::censor::censor:, now I feel bad.
No no no, don't feel bad. Sorry I am in a glum mood, the entire of our road is closed off because of an accident and witnessing the aftermath puts you in a slightly strange frame of mind. I am sorry if I've been a bit morbid

And quite often when my parents call there's nothing to report, as it were! Long gaps in the conversation which I could do without

Me: Hi Mum, what have you been up to this week?
Mum: er nothing...

It doesn't leave much room for interesting conversation really

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

No no no, don't feel bad. Sorry I am in a glum mood, the entire of our road is closed off because of an accident and witnessing the aftermath puts you in a slightly strange frame of mind. I am sorry if I've been a bit morbid
Nah, I know I should value our time on the phone..I know some people don't even have their moms anymore and would love to talk to their mom.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's your mother, Nat! And you would miss her if she wasn't there! My mother, who is very elderly and has had a number of strokes calls me about what to me are silly things! However, to her they are very important and I listen to her and make the appropriate responses. That's all they want! Mothers are always mothers and daughters are always daughters, no matter what the age!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's too bad Natalie. Its sad when moms & daughters just don't have much to say to each other but it does happen. My mom is 81!!!! I'll be 50 this October, Lord willing, and many times when she calls there's not much to say on my part...but she goes on and on...and I just let her
I think moms just need to talk to us sometimes...heck I'm the same way with my kids!

Even if there's nothing to say...its still good that she calls you. I just want my kids to remember me when I'm gone...they won't be able to hear my voice anymore and I want them to remember it and me.

Hilda >^..^<

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nah, I know I should value our time on the phone..I know some people don't even have their moms anymore and would love to talk to their mom.
No seriously I owe you an apology, I should not bring gloom onto people's threads! Family phone calls can be a real pain, I swear my mum phoned me 3 times in the last week when I was just about to go out, and I mean literally when I was on the blooming doorstep. When I called her back it was just an 'oh I haven't done much since we last spoke' conversation on both our parts!
Always good to make contact and share a few words tho

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I feel for you! But she is still your mother....
Just don't answer the phone.
Yeah but if she's anything like my mom, she'd end up coming over to check on me and use the excuse of "I was worried about you because you didn't answer the phone!"
And then you have the issue of getting her OUT of your house...

At least on the phone you can hang up

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

cause she is bored also, find her a hobby
get her a cat or 2 and computer, lol remember in time she wont be there. and you will be the one calling just to have someone to talk to .

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

That's too bad Natalie. Its sad when moms & daughters just don't have much to say to each other but it does happen. My mom is 81!!!! I'll be 50 this October, Lord willing, and many times when she calls there's not much to say on my part...but she goes on and on...and I just let her
I think moms just need to talk to us sometimes...heck I'm the same way with my kids!

Even if there's nothing to say...its still good that she calls you. I just want my kids to remember me when I'm gone...they won't be able to hear my voice anymore and I want them to remember it and me.

Hilda >^..^<
I agree big time! I'm 53, my Mom is 87 ( will be 88 God willing this April) so I look at any time with her as heaven-sent!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Yeah but if she's anything like my mom, she'd end up coming over to check on me and use the excuse of "I was worried about you because you didn't answer the phone!"
And then you have the issue of getting her OUT of your house...

At least on the phone you can hang up
Nope won't work, she lives 7 hours away.

Originally Posted by theimp98

cause she is bored also, find her a hobby
get her a cat or 2 and computer
Well considering she just told me to get rid of Trout and considering I can't even afford a new non-virusy computer for myself..I highly doubt those 2 things would ever happen

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plus I want to add - I have never had nothing to talk about with my daughter. She's usually the one calling me, and we talk for ages when she does!

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am lucky that my mother doesn't call everyday. But if there is a couple day gap where she hasn't talked to me she will call to make sure everything is alright. Just in case something has happened ha ha. But then there will be times where I will call her with nothing really to say... I was just bored ha ha.

Mothers can be pretty funny sometimes though.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg, I Am On The Phone With Her Again...2nd Time In 2 Hours!!