He doen't look in pain but he
Slowly meows and is falling asleep
no blood or anything

Hei need help asap and i cant take him to vet coz its night

mermaid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There's not a whole lot you can do right now, so just keep him quiet and see if it still hurts him in the morning. Then you can take him to the vet.
It does not sound like a life-threatenting situation so he should be fine until morning when you can take him in. Sorry about his hurt foot.
And just in case you are thinking of it, don't give him anything to help with the pain. Cats can't tolerate aspirin or ibuprofen or any of the over the counter people-type drugs.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mermaid

There's not a whole lot you can do right now, so just keep him quiet and see if it still hurts him in the morning. Then you can take him to the vet.
It does not sound like a life-threatenting situation so he should be fine until morning when you can take him in. Sorry about his hurt foot.
And just in case you are thinking of it, don't give him anything to help with the pain. Cats can't tolerate aspirin or ibuprofen or any of the over the counter people-type drugs.
Exactly. If his foot is still tender in the morning, get him to the vet.

Laurie

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mermaid

My beloved Sambo hurt his foot one time, and our vet told us we could give him baby asprin. But Sambo was a dog too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raju

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hes feel asleep now he dosen mind if you touch
his front paw but
i was wandering how much would it cost to banadagr his foot
if anything is broken
Im only 13 so i cant pay but i can tell my mum

Just need a rough estimate

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is no way for us to know that.
Vet prices so much from place to place. The best thing to do is see how is foot is doing in the morning. If it's not tender, and he's romping around just fine, you shouldn't worry. If it's tender, you should ask your mom to take him to the vet to make sure it's not broken. But here's some additional thoughts:

If it is tender in the morning, I don't know what time you need to be at school, but many vets open at 7:00 or 8:00. You can call from home and tell them the situation. You're 13, but your cat's foot was stepped on and he's acting like it still hurts, and you're callling because you want to find out information before you go to your mom. Adults really respect this kind of thing, and I'm sure they'll be very helpful. Ask

How much does a vet visit cost? If the vet thinks a bone was broken, how much does an X-ray cost? If the foot is sprained, would it need to be wrapped? How much does that cost? Are there payment plans available? Then just thank them so much for their time.

That way you can go to your mom armed with all the information.

If a vet isn't open before you have to go to school, take the number with you and have change for the phone.

And you may want to mention to your mom before you go to school that this happened to your kitty. She may want to help any way.

Laurie

raju

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well the down side is
2morrows going to be HEAVY snow
like 5-8 inces
Thats weird for england btw
Anywayz my mum and dad dont drive for a reason(My dads 2 cousins dies in car accidents and he just dosen't like cars now)
So im going to have to hope one of my sister can take me

..............he was suppose to get his vacciantions thursday but
the vet said to delay it
If anything helps the vacciantions cost £59

My 6 year old sister has just cried herself to sleep
She feels so bad

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know where you live, but there are some great resources in England if they happen to be near you (and your sister can get you there). You might try calling these places to see if you can find a low-cost alternative:

http://www.cats.org.uk/
http://www.pdsa.org.uk/index.html
http://www.celiahammond.org/index.php?&MMN_position=1:1

And this is a directory of charities - I don't know if a search in Cats Protection or Cats Rescues and Shelters may help turn up someplace where you can get low cost services.
http://www.charitiesdirectory.com/category.php?n=3

But these places may be able to help with low-cost care as well as low-cost vaccines (and a low-cost or free spay if she hasn't been spayed?)

Thank you mooficat for making it possible for me to post these links!

Laurie

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tell your sister that it's okay--she didn't mean to hurt the kitty. When I was a kid, my big orange tabby (who wasn't very bright) sat behind the wheel of my mom's car when she was backing up. Fortunately, she just bumped a bit before he moved, and he was fine. Your kitty might be a little wary of your sister for a few days, but he should be okay. If he's still hurting or limping, mention it to the vet when he goes in for vaccinations.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I feel so bad for you all
I can't tell you the number of times I have stepped on my cat (and he has fortunately come out of it ok, even tho I am not the slimmest person in the world!), they do have a habit of slinking up behind you silently and getting underfoot. The worst thing was when I was cat-sitting for someone else while they were away and I stepped on one of their cats legs - he was ok thank goodness but I felt like a criminal, so guilty. Tell your sister it is not her fault, it happens to all of us at some point when the cat sneaks up and sits behind us silently or runs under our feet, they are good at that.

It is difficult when your pets vet care depends on your parents' willingness or ability to take it to a vet, I am keeping my fingers crossed and sending vibes that all is fine and the wee lad's foot is back to normal in the morning.

If it isn't, call the vet... they will be able to tell you whether the kitty should go for an examination and what the cost will be.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

...If it is tender in the morning, I don't know what time you need to be at school, but many vets open at 7:00 or 8:00. You can call from home and tell them the situation. You're 13, but your cat's foot was stepped on and he's acting like it still hurts, and you're callling because you want to find out information before you go to your mom. Adults really respect this kind of thing, and I'm sure they'll be very helpful. Ask

How much does a vet visit cost? If the vet thinks a bone was broken, how much does an X-ray cost? If the foot is sprained, would it need to be wrapped? How much does that cost? Are there payment plans available? Then just thank them so much for their time.

That way you can go to your mom armed with all the information.
That was worth repeating!

Your mom will probably respect that, too. To all this excellent advice, I can only add that I'm sending good thoughts for you and your kitty (and your family).

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

mermaid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

My beloved Sambo hurt his foot one time, and our vet told us we could give him baby asprin. But Sambo was a dog too.
BIG difference between dogs and cats. NEVER EVER give a cat an OTC medication, and especially without talking to a vet.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always treading on furry feet - they do have a habit of getting in the way
I hope your cat will be ok.

A visit will cost about £25 for the consultation then the cost of treatment on top. If there's nothing seriously wrong it won't cost you much more than that. If kitty needs an x-ray you will have to pay for that plus any further treatment. If money is an issue contact the pdsa, rspca or blue cross as they provide low cost treatment for anyone on a low income. I'd strongly recommend getting insurance for your cat if you can persuade your parents to pay for that. Depending on how old your cat is it will cost about £7 a month and you will be covered for future vet bills (but not for any existing conditions). Insurance in this country is pretty good and it can be a godsend given the price of vets bills.

btw - all vets in UK have to, by law, provide emergency cover so anytime your pet gets ill there's no need to wait until the morning. It does cost a lot more though just to be seen.

As Epona says - any time you're in doubt give the vet a ring and they can advise you over the phone what to do and whether you need to take your cat in.

kitte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
honestly can't count the numbers of times I've stepping on a kitten or a cats paw or tail in all the long long years I've had a cat companion(s).

The only times I've really had to be concerned about it was when it was in heels or the cat's tail got shut in the door.. Cat's are very resilient - which means that they bounce back from stepping on them really really well.

If you or your sister heard a "crunchy" type of noise, then I'd be concerned, if you look in the phone book, you may just find an emergency vet phone number and emergency vet's are usually open 24/7 for emergencies only..

They don't charge for advice and I'm sure they'll tell you to check on kitten in the morning and the rest as per the above messages... please make sure you tell your sister the kitten will be okay.

raju

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Phew
this morning he started running again
He slept on my bed all night since 8pm-8am
i think that was his recovery time lol
Hes ok with my lil sister
oh yea when it happened i didn't hear a crack

Im glade thats done with
Thanks for allllllllllllllllll the help

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Raju - I am SOOOOO glad it all worked out!

But you might want to conder book-marking this thread - or the links provided in it - so that if anything ever does happen, you've got the links to find help you find good but low cost care for your kitty.

Your kitty is very lucky to have you!

Laurie