I'm not entirely sure where I should post this... (Norwegien Forest Cats)

catzeye21138

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
But this seemed the best place.

I am in 4-H and every year I have to do a public presentation. It doesn't matter on what though. I was thinking that I would do my public presentation on Norwegien Forest Cats this year.
I recently found out that our 6 year old tabby is a NFC and for some reason I'm really excited.
I just was wondering if anyone here knew of some good articles or websites that I could get some cool information from. Also, I'm not in cat 4-H. I'm in Cavy 4-H, and I kind of want to enter cat 4-H but apparently it is VERY time consuming and if I did join it I should quit cavies. But that didn't make much sense to me as I have three cavies and one cat.
So any help would be really appreciated. =D I need as much info as I can possibly get. I'm thinking maybe something about their backround and I already know how to identify them and their characteristics so I should be fine in that area. But I could really use any articles/websites/posts that you could find. ^^ Thanks!

Lindsey >^_^<

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have absolutely no information about the breed, but I really really want to know what you are studying that you can get to study cats and cavys! Sounds cool

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catzeye21138

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

I have absolutely no information about the breed, but I really really want to know what you are studying that you can get to study cats and cavys! Sounds cool
Its called 4-H. :p Its a thing for kids and young adults to learn about certain types of animals that they have and then go to county fair and possibly state fair.
Its kindergarden through highschool. But since my mom comes to the meetings she gets to learn a lot too. So if your an adult, and have kids, see if they want to join a 4-H club. Its a really great expirience and it looks awsome on resumes! :p

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catzeye21138

Its called 4-H. :p Its a thing for kids and young adults to learn about certain types of animals that they have and then go to county fair and possibly state fair.
Its kindergarden through highschool. But since my mom comes to the meetings she gets to learn a lot too. So if your an adult, and have kids, see if they want to join a 4-H club. Its a really great expirience and it looks awsome on resumes! :p
thats awesome! can 24 year olds be in 4-H? hahaha! I always wanted to when I was younger and I actually was for about 2 weeks with my cousin and I was going to get into showing her horse while she was showing the other. Well they found out that I actually lived in the next county over and kicked me out. Even though the HORSES live in the right county! I was mad. But if I ever have a kid or two, they will be involved if they want to be. I will try to get them into it because I bet it would be so much fun!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catzeye21138

Sounds absolutely fantastic - alas I am 35, have no children, and live in the UK, so I don't think there's any chance for me to get involved - but it does sound like a great way to get people, especially youngsters, interested in caring for animals - so I just want to offer some encouragement - it's all good

(I used to have cavys when I was younger, thery are great and even noisier than my oriental kitten, especially at feeding time!
)