Who was the disciplinarian in your house?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who did all the discipline in your home growing up? Mom or Dad?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dad. It was always: "Wait until your father gets home!
"

Then he'd spank me with a hand, or a hairbrush, or as I got older he got creative and used a ping-pong paddle. That one really smarted!

And then of course, there came a time when all he'd have to do is LOOK at me, and I'm be whimpering in the corner with my tail tucked between my legs.

I learned really young who was the boss and what is right from wrong!

Ahhh...the good old days when capital punishment was allowable in the home.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a dad. Mom was incapable of discipline. However her boyfriend normally was all to happy to step up to the plate.

In my home I'm normally the one to enforce the rules. Hubby's right along there getting her in trouble.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Mom, although she used the "Wait til your father gets home" line too, but he never did anything
my sister and I were still afraid when she said that though

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mother to the point of abuse. Glad Dad and my grandma were there to look out for me, or I would not be here to make you folks laugh everyday.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom was the first line of discipline. If that didn't work my dad (a 275+ man) would basically put the fear of god in you.

He didn't do it in an abusive way...just if Dad had to step in, you knew you were in trouble.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dad! He was a drill sargent in the Army. When he said "Come here YOU" You knew you were in for it. I never got into all that much trouble but my sister did. Seeing her in trouble scared me straight!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My father did most of the physical punishment while my mother was more passive aggressive. They both crossed the line verbally way too many times.

I was lucky that I had an uncle and grandmother who cared.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom! Wow, she made us FEAR HER. I think I could actually describe her temper as "a bit much" although she was never absuive and certainly got her point across!

My dad was the one we'd go to to vent

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my home growing up, it was mostly my mom. My dad was in the Air Force and there times when he was not in the home because he would be overseas or somewheres.

In my house with my children I was the main one, my husband worked offshore, so he would be gone for 7 days at the time. If they messed up when he was gone at work I would take care of it.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

My mom was the first line of discipline. If that didn't work my dad (a 275+ man) would basically put the fear of god in you.
Sounds like my house. Dad did work 2nd shift most of my youth so he was either at work or asleep so Mom did most of the punishment.

There are a couple of holes in our walls from when he had been upset...

butterflyy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was a single child raised by a single Mom. I lived with my Grandma and Grandpa and my 2 older male cousins who were 9 and 10 years older than me. I honestly never had to be disciplined because I rarely ever did anything bad. My Mom was and still is my best friend, and I hated when she was mad at me. She only hit me 1 time and I will never forget it, and at that is was just a slap.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mom! She was a single parent till I was 12 and then it was still Mom! As much as I love my step-dad, his style of discipling was much more lenient than my mothers. Hence the vast differences between my 4 step siblings and I.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mostly my mum but she also threatened us with 'wait until your father gets home' most of the time he just sent us to our room and told us not to bad enough to upset her

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Always has, always is, and always will be my father. I'm still at home so the fact im almost 23 and no longer in diapers doesn't get through his thick skull. I seriousely dislike him (very generous words)