Well Tomorrow is the big day

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow is the Big Day for DH
I think he will need Prayers Vibes, and Candles to help him through this next 10 weeks.
This has made me realize I need to stop Mothering
He's hopeless he will have to fin for himself for food, take care of his own clothes handle his own money and know what he has money wise
And God forbid he left here to go get a haircut, go to the bank exchange the money for whatever it is he needs in Wales and go to Penney's to see if he can find a few other warm things he started to go and I said do you have the Credit Card and he said no

I hope he gets back in time to leave in the morning
Wouldn't want him to miss out
They think all these things are small stuff until it comes time that they have to do it. I have no idea how he will cook anything over there as they will be staying in regular Apts..
Oh Man get a grip I am not your Momma but then he survived for 12 years as a bachelor so I have to assume he will be ok..
Ah Whew ... Peace let there be Peace

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He will be fine Lois.......he may flounder for a bit when it comes to the cooking, etc, but he'll get along and before you know it the 10 weeks will be up and he'll be back with you and the kits!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah I know that for sure
10 weeks seems long but I am sure it won't be

Maybe I'll take him to Dinner tonight

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dieticians report a child living on no food other than marmalade on toast for seven years so I'm sure he will be fine for 10 weeks

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Dieticians report a child living on no food other than marmalade on toast for seven years so I'm sure he will be fine for 10 weeks
He always says a few beers would work

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of safe flight vibes for DH and a ton of calming vibes for you. Remember I am here for you if you need to talk or are miising him!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
God - I am SO lucky! Gary's the cook in our home - and he's been cooking since 15.

He'll be fine. Maybe a little thinner - but it'll just be that much more fun to fatten him back up when he gets home.

Laurie

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
He'll be fine, Lois. It's amazing what men are actually capable of when they don't have somebody there to take care of them.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I just think my husband would starve to death without me there to cook for him. He don't even know how to find his own clothes in the closet.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is pretty much the same way, I can't imagine him going into a store to look for something to eat
He has gone to the store for me 2 times in almost 10 years. Although food is not big deal to him I think that it may be once he realizes I'm not there yelling upstairs at him " Honey come eat "

Give him $20 bucks he will have it for a month He will not say anything till he has no socks that are clean then it's I don't have any clean socks, I tell him yes there in that basket on the floor in the closet.
If I would forget to pack his lunch he would go without one he wouldn't say a word.. This is a very bright person here but sometimes I wonder why some of them don't speak up, I know I DO ALOT

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, I hope he'll be fine Lois! Reminds me of when I decided that I was going to get a job...after being at home for my hubby & the kids for over 20 years. Well I was worried about what it would do to my hubby...both Naomi & Alex Jr were moved out on their own at the time. It was Alex Jr who comforted me and said ''don't worry mom, it'll be a learning experience for dad, it'll be good for him''....and guess what Lois? It was!

He'll be fine...just fine.

Hilda >^..^<

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Excuse me that is all not going to fit in those suit cases
No way he thinks he's going to get 8 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of Dockers, boo koos of shirts, Regular T-shirts 4 of those heavy button up shirt jackets, 16 pairs of underwear, that many socks, shoes
I wanna go somewhere
The jeans alone are a load
Better him then me though

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MEN: The reason why TV dinners and pot pies were invented.

Lois, he'll be fine, and will probably realize how much he appreciates you!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Lois i hope he's got plenty of wooly sweaters packed as well because Wales had a really heavy snowfall last night and this morning
I was going to say that too! Lois, make sure he has a couple of pairs of long johns and thermal vests in his case instead of the t-shirts - he's going to need them!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lois i hope he's got plenty of wooly sweaters packed as well because Wales had a really heavy snowfall last night and this morning
He probably doesn't HAVE anything that warm, Susan. They're in Sunny California!

I hope Lois gets up early and reads about the snow so they can stop by Target on the way to the airport.

Poor Mr. Burger.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh crikey!
Well if need be i can post some to him at the weekend
She did say last night that he got some heavy long sleeved shirts, maybe he has enough of those.

Hopefully him being in the Navy all those years he has something warm.